• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Worried GOD won't forgive me

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's ok to ask God to take care of enemy problems for us. King David did. It is not ok to try to exact revenge or avenge ourselves personally, though. We also should not hate people, even as we ask God to protect us from them.

Sometimes, forgiving people who have hurt us very, very badly can be a journey. We may not forgive overnight. It may take a while. But we can work on it through prayer for them, and for ourselves.

This video helped me a lot;

• Friendly
Reactions: ChicanaRose
Upvote 0

BigV

Dec 27, 2007
USA, IL
✟41,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm guessing you have experience with authority figures in your life not forgiving you. Do you have friends you can confide in?

What I tell my young daughter who has similar struggles, is that if I'm forgiving her, and if God is more loving than me, then she has nothing to worry about. I'm not judging and condemning her so neither should God if he is more loving than me.

• Useful
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I'm guessing you have experience with authority figures in your life not forgiving you. Do you have friends you can confide in?

What I tell my young daughter who has similar struggles, is that if I'm forgiving her, and if God is more loving than me, then she has nothing to worry about. I'm not judging and condemning her so neither should God if he is more loving than me.
Forgiveness extended to the wronged person is a blessing to them, but forgiveness is more important for the spiritual and physical health of the person needing to forgive, because unforgiveness leads to bitterness and Jesus said very clearly that if we don't forgive others when they wrong us, the Father won't forgive us. Jesus gave the parable of the two servants, one who owed a debt he could never repay, and the other who owed him a much small debt, to illustrate it.

Upvote 0

Tania11

Jan 30, 2020
la jolla
✟27,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
...I am for going on, and venturing my eternal state with Christ, whether I have comfort here or no; if God doth not come in, thought I, I will leap off the ladder even blindfold into eternity, sink or swim, come heaven, come hell; Lord Jesus, if thou wilt catch me, do; if not, I will venture for thy name.
John Bunyan, Grace Abounding to the Chief of Sinners

Upvote 0

Annner

Dec 28, 2012
✟24,257.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Worried he won’t forgive you??

The WHOLE reason he sent His Son was to forgive you. To think he won’t forgive you goes completely against his character. The Word of God says.....HE IS FAITHFUL AND JUST TO FORGIVE OUR SINS and cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness. With him is PLENTEOUS mercy and redemption. It’s who He is!

Dont ever think he won’t forgive you. That’s why if you sin, turn to him and confess it.
Sin hurts, and it’s hard for us to deal with the pain of it. Go to him and cry out, he will hear you.

remember 70 x 7! He’s soooooo faithful, when we don’t deserve it!
The voice of constant guilt and condemnation after you’ve repented doesn’t come from the Lord. The enemy wants to rub it in your face. Instead say, PRAISE YOU LORD GOD, you FORGIVE MY SINS THROUGH THE BLOOD OF YOUR SON JESUS!
God MADE you worthy and good enough when he sacrificed his Son to pay your penalty 100%.

Upvote 0