Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you :)
Dear one,
I was once unable to pray when I became a person that I didn’t like !

I knew that I can’t continue living the the way of my old nature.

I have been advised to wait on the Lord: if you can wait for a doctor, you can wait for God ! Though in our natural perception may seem nothing change, but spiritually God knew what I was doing. I try to draw near Him through Christ by waiting for His steadfast love. I would wait for an hour or three hours depending on the day. Eventually I gain the strength to pray. I start praying what is written in the Bible. Then I collect prayers from man or woman of God I respect whom I consider living a holy life. I just pray and pray. I pray a different types of prayer.

What I can understand the desire to pray come from waiting on the steadfast love of the Lord. For His steadfast love or grace will strengthen our hearts to pray in accordance to His will.

So dear one, wait for His steadfast love.

This is what we have heard :
The LORD is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul who seeks Him. -Lamentations 3:25

Yes, dear one,let the Lord strengthen your heart.

For this is what we have heard:
The LORD is the strength of His people; He is the saving refuge of His anointed. -Psalms 28:8
Oh, save your people and bless your heritage! Be their shepherd and carry them forever. -Psalms 28:9

Reactions: Emily7584
Upvote 0

Emily7584

Aug 15, 2020
I love God
✟23,269.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Dear Emily7584

I went through patches like this in my life as well. If you can't feel love for Jesus, tell Him that so that He can help you. You don't have to be scared of Him, nor His judgment. How did He treat people? With great compassion and mercy. If you look at the context of the verse you quoted:

“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’" Matthew 7:21-23

He was talking about people who have a false spirit in them (not God's Spirit), who go about deceiving others with their false doctrines and religions. I highlighted the part where He says, not everyone will enter heaven "but he who does the will of My Father in heaven". There are many false religious leaders and prophets who proclaim to cast out demons, when they do not even live in harmony with God's law, "practicing lawlessness", deceiving many.

Jesus said:

"If you love Me, you will keep My commandments." John 14:15

"He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him." 1 John 2:4

Isaiah 59:1-2 says our sins separate us from God. If they practiced "lawlessness" as it stated, it means they sinned without confessing and repenting of those sins.

You also quoted this verse:

"'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me." Matthew 15:8

Again, it has to do with people who proclaim to love Him, but they don't care about keeping His Commandments. It is not about whether their feelings feel strong for Him or not.

I also went through times when I felt no desire to pray, and it was then that I had to break through the wall that Satan put around me, blocking my connection with God. Even if I didn't feel like it I made it a routine, reading the Bible and praying every morning and evening. At first, it felt horrible because I was warring against that feeling that I didn't want to do it. But Satan can only stand it for so long, and then he flees. Then that wall is broken, and your connection with God is restored.

Your question about the Father and Jesus: Jesus said "The Father and I are one" John 10:30. In Jesus we see the character of the Father, but with His own individuality. He is also our Creator.

"God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spoke in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, has in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he has appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high. Hebrews 1:1-3

The fact that you are noticing your separation from Jesus shows that you do have a desire to be close to Him, but you just don't know how to break these feelings preventing you from being close, and it scares you.

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love." 1 John 4:18

You are in the process of being made perfect in His love. Take that first step to break down the wall. Tell Him how you feel and ask Him to help you read the Bible.

Don't let Satan put fear in you. Jesus is there to help you.

:hibiscus::cherryblossom::hibiscus:
Thank you

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi,
My relationship with Jesus isn’t the best.
I’m worried because I don’t really feel emotions for Jesus.

I’ve been Christian since start of may 2020.
I don’t have a close relationship with Him. [Jesus].
I feel scared because I’m not close to Him.

He scares me and I’m scared because He judges and that He tells people to leave.
[Matthew 7:23 Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!']

I’m scared because incase what if I don’t love Him.
I’m scared incase I don’t love Him.

Sometimes I feel rushed in time and pressured.

Matthew 15:8
"'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.

I’m scared incase it’s a heart problem.

Sometimes I don’t feel like a desire to pray and a desire...

is a relationship with God the Father and a relationship with Jesus, one relationship or two relationships.

ever since I became Christian, I focused mostly on God the Father and feel emotions for Him. And thought about Him mostly. I feel like I think about Him all the time and not Jesus as much. I don’t really feel emotions [for Jesus] and it stresses me out because I don’t feel a desire.

thanks for reading
smile.png

Do you have mental health issues?

If you do your illness could be the cause of your feelings...

As a whole, we never use feelings to gauge our relationship with God, feelings are subjective. As Christians we use what is objective...

And sometimes that's just holding onto the promises of God that Jesus will lose none of those who God placed in His Hand. Do you believe that Christ is your savior?

You can't save yourself, only He can save you. Rest in the fact He promises that all whom He began a good work in He will bring to completion. Trust Him, not self. All the promises of God find their yes and amen in Jesus.

Upvote 0

Al Gammate

Jun 20, 2013
United States
Visit site
✟3,848.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi,
My relationship with Jesus isn’t the best.
I’m worried because I don’t really feel emotions for Jesus.

I’ve been Christian since start of may 2020.
I don’t have a close relationship with Him. [Jesus].
I feel scared because I’m not close to Him.

He scares me and I’m scared because He judges and that He tells people to leave.
[Matthew 7:23 Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!']

I’m scared because incase what if I don’t love Him.
I’m scared incase I don’t love Him.

Sometimes I feel rushed in time and pressured.

Matthew 15:8
"'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.

I’m scared incase it’s a heart problem.

Sometimes I don’t feel like a desire to pray and a desire...

is a relationship with God the Father and a relationship with Jesus, one relationship or two relationships.

ever since I became Christian, I focused mostly on God the Father and feel emotions for Him. And thought about Him mostly. I feel like I think about Him all the time and not Jesus as much. I don’t really feel emotions [for Jesus] and it stresses me out because I don’t feel a desire.

thanks for reading
smile.png

Hello Emily7584,

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding" (Proverbs 3:5).
You do this by:
"Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done" (Philippians 4:6).

Cheers,
Al A. Gammate

Upvote 0