World History Anyone? ^_^

• Thread starter GodsMerryLittleAngel
  • Start date
G

GodsMerryLittleAngel

hi hi, my name is samantha and i've just returned from being hospitalized for some time. During the periods of time when i wasn't taking ear examinations or heart examinations, my doctors brought me interesting things to read.

eek! including my favorite magazine in the whole wide world, national geographic :clap:

anywho, i read alot of history articles and books and learned many new things. well anywho, i think i wish to create a sort of world history trivia thinga ma bobby ^_^

i'll describe to you an important person, event, or date in world history, and um..you simply guess the correct answer okays? :idea:

okay this person is a very important figure in italian history. he was an italian statesman and served as the first prime minister of the kingdom of italy, which he practically created himself through liberal ideas and such :sorry:

okay um, have fun and god bless! :wave:

G

GodsMerryLittleAngel

well no one replied, no guesses even. :(
um the italian statesman i'm describing is named Count Camillo Cavour, very important figure in italian history

okay um here is another, not to difficult i guess :wave:

what major even happened on october 29 1929? this event caused a major american economic depression. :|

well anywho, have fun and god bless :)

Upvote 0
G

GodsMerryLittleAngel

um, well i think you might have meant black tuesday ^_^
black friday is sept. 24th 1869, the big gold market catastrophe :|

good job! :D
okay this i think, is an insanely easy history question, here it is: okay he is termed the father of the united states, he is the first u.s president and participated in the first continental congress..enough said i guess, lol ^_^

okay byes :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Higher

Jun 20, 2005
Coatesville PA, USA
✟8,518.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
I'd have to guess General George Washington.

Here's a WWII question. On June 6th, 1944, the Americans, British, and Canadians invaded france, and the allies Captured Rome as well. However, 2 weeks later the Soviets launched Operation Bagration, which encircled and destroyed German army group center on the Eastern Front. This was 3 years to the day after what other major event on the Russian front?

Upvote 0

SH89

Sola scriptura
Aug 7, 2004
Los Angeles, California
Visit site
✟17,673.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Higher said:

Robert E. Lee(according to this book that I am reading)

He commanded marines to attack on John Brown's position at Harpers Ferry(before the civil war).

higher said:
Here's a WWII question. On June 6th, 1944, the Americans, British, and Canadians invaded france, and the allies Captured Rome as well. However, 2 weeks later the Soviets launched Operation Bagration, which encircled and destroyed German army group center on the Eastern Front. This was 3 years to the day after what other major event on the Russian front?

Operation Barbarossa

Upvote 0

crusader4peace

Nov 7, 2005
Malaysia
✟486.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Politics
US-Republican
Higher said:

i believe thats Operation Barbarossa.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.