Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have always loved teaching. I taught PreK for 5 years, and now am teaching kindergarten (I actually train the 6 preschool/prek teachers during the summer). I love being able to make a difference in the lives of those children and families... and I have seen measurable differences being made.

My issue right now is that, since I have moved and begun my new teaching position, my son no longer comes to work with me. He is a year old. He gets to stay with his grammy while I am teaching, but I only get to see him a couple of hours every day. When I take out naptimes from the middle of the day, I only miss a few of his waking hours, but still, it feels like a lot. I'm afraid that I will miss his first steps and his first words or sentences. I feel so guilty for loving my job and so guilty for leaving him in the mornings.

I'm not debating whether a woman should stay in the home or work outside the home. To put it bluntly, even if I wanted to be a stay at home mom, it is not feasible for us at this point.

The reason for this post is... mamas, how do you cope with going back to work after you have a baby? Mine is a year old and it was hard to go back even when he was just across the hall. Now, he isn't with me.

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
does Grammy know how to use a camera and can she take a bunch of photos for you each day? or even short videos?

these would be great for you to have and especially when your child gets older, you'll want to look back on pics

Last edited:
Upvote 0