WORDS of Encouragement ( no "topics" ) ;)

S

Starr71

Learn To Use Your Faith

MARK 11:23-24 NKJ
23 "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.
24 "Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.

There is spiritual growth as well as physical growth. We don't start out strong and mature. The Bible, and all creation, teaches gradual growth.

MARK 4:28 NLT
28 The earth produces the crops on its own. First a leaf blade pushes through, then the heads of wheat are formed, and finally the grain ripens.

The Bible is full of great promises. We must receive them by faith. Faith is not trying to believe, but knowing that you believe. So, you must start using faith at the level you are at. If you don't have faith for a new car then believe for a bicycle. Then believe God for a motorcycle. Keep using your faith and feeding it on God's Word and it will continue to grow.

Eventually, you will get to where you can believe God for large things as easily as you did for small things.

It requires feeding your faith on God's Word as well as exercising your faith to cause it to grow strong.

The mistake many make is trying to believe God for a jumbo jet when they really don't have enough faith for a bicycle. Yes, the Word says that all things are possible, but only for those who truly believe. Most people are just trying to believe and hoping something will happen.

What if you have a need now, but don't have enough faith to cover it? Get someone else to agree with you, using their faith on your behalf.

MATTHEW 18:19 NKJ
19 "Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven.

But don't expect to go through life depending entirely on someone else's faith. God will require you to eventually grow up and use your own faith. So you might as well get started now.

God knows our needs. The Bible is clear that God does not want us to be in lack. Then why doesn't God just meet our needs, without us having to ask?

One answer is God wants us to grow in faith. Our faith can only grow strong as we use it. So, every need is a faith opportunity, and thus an opportunity for growth.

God wants us to be specific in our asking, so that when the answer comes, we will know it was from God and came in response to our faith in Him.

Don't wait until you have a large crisis in life to start learning to use your faith. Start now!

Don't try to start praying for something big. Start small. Your faith will grow as you use it.

SAY THIS: God will help me to learn to walk in faith.

Upvote 0
S

Starr71

004.jpg
Amen. Ran out of Reps, but will get you tomorrow.. God bless.

Upvote 0
S

Starr71

Something I want to share, A friends son wrote this one, He is only 18 years old.
I found it so touching, I have to share it...

Something has been really bothering me. It isn’t anything I haven’t thought about before. Really, it’s something I think about all the time. I just felt like now would be as good a time as any to get it out there to anyone who cares enough to listen.​

Somewhere along the line, we decided it was a good idea to drop God and pick up church. Our traditions and rules became more important to us than actually following Christ. We became more preoccupied with what color suit the pastor was wearing on Sunday morning than how well we reflected Christ Monday through Saturday. We began to focus more on where we were going to eat after church than on how we were trying to feed those who don’t have the money to feed themselves.​

We’ve become sickeningly selfish and what’s worse, we have made God so small in our minds that we can easily justify that selfishness. To so many of us, God is no longer the supreme ruler of the universe who commands us to be a light in a dark world. Instead we’ve made Him into that guy who helps us pass math tests when we don’t feel prepared. (Allow me to point out that I do believe wholeheartedly that God is the only reason I’ve passed math the last three years and I’m not saying He won’t do that sort of thing. I’m simply saying that to think of Him only in those situations is disgusting, to put it mildly.)​

Here is my challenge to anyone who chooses to read this post. Quit following the “rules.” Start following Christ.​

See, we aren’t commanded to simply abstain from the evil and injustice in the world. We are called by God to do something about it. We are called to be a light in the darkness, not just a person in a pew.​

I am sick and tired of being characterized based on the actions of the church goers who are just people in pews. I’m ready for the world to see who Christ really is. Are you?​

Upvote 0
S

Starr71

The Inner Witness

COLOSSIANS 3:15 Amplified
15 And let the peace (soul harmony which comes) from Christ rule (act as umpire continually) in your hearts [deciding and settling with finality all questions that arise in your minds, in that peaceful state] to which as [members of Christ's] one body you were also called [to live]. And be thankful (appreciative), [giving praise to God always].

God has revealed His will to us in many areas through His written Word, the Bible. But there are many things the Bible does not specifically tell us, such as what person to marry, what job to do, or where to live. (While the Bible gives us some principles, it does not tell us individually and specifically what to do in these types of things.) But God has made provision to guide us in these areas of life also.

The peace of God is the umpire to determine our direction.
Understanding the "peace of God" (which I also identify as the "inner witness") can sometimes seem difficult. Inexperienced believers can mistake feeling good or comfortable in their flesh for the inner witness. But, just like everything in life, we learn, even when we make a mistake.

While this may be open to misunderstanding and abuse, it's what Scripture teaches. God desires a growing relationship with us, and obviously is not too concerned about us never making a mistake while we grow spiritually and learn by experience how to better discern the "inner witness."

We are not talking about having "peace" in your flesh, but an "inner" peace deep within your spirit. It is not fleeting, but grows stronger the more we draw near to God by spending time focused on Him and His Word.

Normally, with the inner witness, thoughts will just come to you. But thoughts can come from sources other than God. We need a way to judge which thoughts are from God and which ones are not.

There are two criteria by which we can determine whether a thought is from God. The first is a knowledge of the written Word of God, the Bible. God will never lead us contrary to His written Word.

The second criteria is the inner witness.

ROMANS 2:15 NKJ
15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them)

How can you determine the inner witness?

First, it is important to realize that it is not usually a voice, but a witness. Some words to define it are intuition, impression, idea, hunch, knowing, or peace.

The inner witness is something we learn to recognize better as we grow in our relationship with the Lord. It is best to learn on things that are not life-and-death issues. God is interested in every detail of our lives and will help us in everything. He will even lead us in things we would consider small things, such as locating misplaced objects.

The inner witness (along with Scripture) is also how God confirms the most important thing in this life: knowing we are a child of God.

ROMANS 8:16 NJV
16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,

To be sensitive to the Lord's leading, we must look to the Lord and spend time focused on Him. Prayer, praise, giving thanks, and acknowledging God in all our ways are part of it. The better we know the Lord, both through His Word, and through walking with Him, the easier it will be for us to discern the inner witness of the Spirit, and know God's will for us.

We must walk in the light we have, and make our decisions prayerfully and humbly, always being ready to change and admit we were wrong.

God promises that if any of us lack wisdom, we can ask Him and He will give it to us (James 1:5).

SAY THIS: I will follow the leading of the Lord, through the inner witness of His peace, in line with the Word of God.

Upvote 0
S

Starr71

The Witness Of The Spirit

ROMANS 8:16 NKJ
16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,

God has a plan for guiding His children in all the questions of life.

God's primary method of leading us in matters the Bible does not specifically address, (such as which job to take or which person to marry), is the inner witness, which is a knowing communicated by the Holy Spirit to our spirit. It is not a voice, but an inner knowing.

ROMANS 2:15 NKJ
15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them)

Another term for the witness of the spirit is "peace."

COLOSSIANS 3:15 Amplified
15 And let the peace (soul harmony which comes) from Christ rule (act as umpire continually) in your hearts [deciding and settling with finality all questions that arise ....
An umpire is responsible for making decisions. Our "umpire" is the inner peace, or witness in our spirit.

1 JOHN 5:10 NKJ
10 He who believes in the Son of God has the witness in himself....

One way Scripture describes the "inner witness" is "it seemed good."

This was the Scripture phrase God showed me as I sought Him concerning how to be led by the Spirit. I realized that had been the way I had determined which message God would have me preach. I would pray and seek God until, on the inside of me, it just seemed good to preach a particular message. I couldn't really explain it, but I knew it was how God was leading me in what subjects to preach.

I saw in Scripture this was also the same "leading" Luke had to write down the Gospel of Luke. And also how some important decisions were made in the early days of the Church. They described it as "it seemed good."

LUKE 1:3 NKJ
3 it seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write to you an orderly account, most excellent Theophilus,

ACTS 15:25,28 NKJ
25 it seemed good to us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men to you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,

28 For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things:

Obviously, an immature believer could easily use this as an excuse for their behavior, saying it just "seemed good to them." But we are not talking about something seeming good to your flesh or your mind, but to your innermost being, your spirit where God dwells (if you are a believer in Jesus Christ.)

And we must always remember that the Holy Spirit will never lead us to do anything that is not in line with God's written Word, the Bible. So, being familiar with God's Word is vital.

SAY THIS: God is helping me understand being guided by the inner witness.

Upvote 0
S

Starr71

Get Answers To Prayer

MARK 11:24 NKJ
24 "Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.

Jesus says we must believe we receive our answer WHEN we pray, not wait until we see it.

But no one can believe they receive without evidence. God's written Word is our evidence.

MARK 11:24 Amplified
24 For this reason I am telling you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe (trust and be confident) that it is granted to you, and you will [get it].

Whenever we ask the Father for anything we really desire, we must believe that we receive our request granted to us when we pray. Then we act like we already have it, and the thing we prayed for will eventually show up.
But we must pray in line with God's Word. We cannot just "believe" anything out of thin air -- if it does not agree with God's Word -- and expect to receive it.

1 JOHN 5:14-15 NKJ
14 Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.
15 And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.

Bible-based prayer that works is not getting God to do something, but receiving by faith from God based on what He has already said and done.

In other words, we do not need to change God's mind or get Him to do something. We just need to enter in by faith to receive what God has already decided and provided.

So, find Scripture that promises what you need or want, then take that to God in prayer and believe you receive it when you pray.

SAY THIS: I will base my prayers on God's promises, and believe I receive my answer when I pray.

Upvote 0
S

Starr71

The Gospel

ROMANS 5:18 NLT
18 Yes, Adam's one sin brings condemnation for everyone, but Christ's one act of righteousness brings a right relationship with God and new life for everyone.

Gospel means good news. It was not originally a religious word, but meant good news which makes people happy and excited.

If what you have heard about Jesus Christ does not make you happy and excited, then you have not yet truly heard and understood the Gospel as it is meant to be understood.

The basic outline is that Jesus of Nazareth, who was God in a human body, took your place in judgment, paying the penalty for all your sins, and gave you the blessing He deserved because of His perfect sinless life.

God, the Creator, and Sustainer of the universe, loves you enough to die for you. That's good news!

Jesus took what you deserved, and gave you what He deserved! That's good news!

And this is not limited to just you. Jesus died for all mankind. Deliverance from sin, its effects and penalty is available to anyone and everyone who will believe and receive Jesus Christ as Lord.

ROMANS 1:16 NLT
16 For I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes -- the Jew first and also the Gentile.

God is on your side -- not against you. That's good news! If you do not get so excited you can hardly contain your excitement, you have not fully understood the Gospel.

2 CORINTHIANS 4:4 NLT
4 Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don't believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News.

They don't understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.

If you can keep yourself from telling others about Jesus, you have not yet understood the Gospel.

SAY THIS: The Gospel of Jesus Christ is GREAT news!

Upvote 0
S

Starr71

Laugh!

PSALM 2:4 KJV
4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

PSALM 37:13 KJV
13 The Lord shall laugh at him: for he seeth that his day is coming.

PSALM 59:8 KJV
8 But thou, O LORD, shalt laugh at them; thou shalt have all the heathen in derision.

ECCLESIASTES 3:4 KJV
4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

LUKE 6:21 KJV
21 Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.

PROVERBS 17:22 KJV
22 A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

God laughs. So should you!

SAY THIS: I will laugh with God today.

Upvote 0
S

Starr71

People Are Precious
JOHN 3:16 BBE
16 For God had such love for the world that he gave his only Son, so that whoever has faith in him may not come to destruction but have eternal life.
We may be too familiar with John 3:16 for its message to impact us as it should. When it says that God loves the world, it means the people of the world.
God loves people -- even the sinners. ALL the people of the world are loved by God. (That does not mean He approves of their behavior. But God loves them.)
People are created in the image of God. We are like God, His children. (You must receive Jesus to be a true child of God, but originally mankind was created in God's image, as His children.)
Children are precious to their parents. No matter how many children a parent has, every child is precious to them. They are all loved.
So it is with God, who obviously has a huge capacity for love.
A parent may have a child who is a criminal, but that parent, if they are a good parent, will still care for their son or daughter and desire good for them. God is no less loving and caring. He desires good for us -- every one.
When we deal with people who are acting terrible, it can be difficult to remember they are precious to God.
LUKE 6:35-36 NLT
35 "Love your enemies! Do good to them. Lend to them without expecting to be repaid. Then your reward from heaven will be very great, and you will truly be acting as children of the Most High, for he is kind to those who are unthankful and wicked.
36 You must be compassionate, just as your Father is compassionate.
People will last for eternity. People will live with God and give Him pleasure in the ages to come.
Let's stay focused on what is really precious and worthwhile. Material possessions are nice and have their place, but are nothing compared to the worth of a human being -- even if that human being is not perfected yet.
Even with rough edges, people are valuable. You are precious to God! So is everyone else.

SAY THIS: Every person is precious to God.

Upvote 0
S

Starr71

Take It!

MARK 11:24 NASB
24 "Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they shall be granted you.

The Greek word translated "received" is lambano, which means to actively receive. In English we use the word "take" to describe actively receiving.

For example, the following scriptures contain the Greek word, "lambano." This may help you get a better understanding of what receive means when it translates this word, lambano.

MARK 12:8 NKJ
8 "And they TOOK him and killed him and cast him out of the vineyard.

JOHN 19:6 NKJ
6 ...Pilate said to them, "You TAKE Him and crucify Him, for I find no fault in Him."

As the above passages show, sometimes lambano is translated as take or took -- and is not at all passive, but very active.

MARK 11:24 Swann
24 Therefore, I exhort you, All things whatever you pray for and ask, have faith that you have taken hold, and it shall be for you.

So, this verse is saying to us that when we pray, we are to believe we take what we are asking for, and then we will have those things.

How can we do that?

We must take them by faith. How do we "take them by faith?" We release words of faith based on what God has said in His Word, the Bible.

We are not talking about forcing God to do something, but to receive (or take) what is already offered.

How can you "believe you have received" something before you see it? Easy! You just need credible evidence.

If someone you trusted told you they had deposited money in your bank account, you would not need to physically go to the bank and see the cash before rejoicing.

Well, God -- who cannot lie -- has told us many things in His Word. When we pray in line with what God's Word already says is ours, that is our evidence on which we can base our belief.

When God says it -- we can believe it. So that is our evidence by which we can "believe we receive" something when we pray. So, by our faith, we "take it."

(We are not taking it from God. He has already given it to us.)

SAY THIS: When I pray I am supposed to "take" the answer by faith.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
S

Starr71

Are You A Pharisee?

MATTHEW 16:6,12 NKJ
6 Then Jesus said to them, "Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and the Sadducees."

12 Then they understood that He did not tell them to beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and Sadducees.

Why did Jesus warn His disciples to beware of the Pharisees? What did they do wrong?

(An entire chapter of the Bible (Matthew 23) is Jesus' teaching against the Pharisees.)

The Pharisees were conservative, faithful "church" members. They accepted the Bible as the written Word of God. They paid tithes. They believed in miracles (at least in days past). They wouldn't dream of stealing, committing adultery, or such things. You would like living next to a Pharisee as they were model citizens.

But instead of having a living relationship with God, the Pharisees took the Word of God and made just another dead religion out of it.
The Pharisee way of thinking is: keep up appearances. "It doesn't matter so much what you are on the inside, as long as you keep the rules (at least publicly)."

Notice that Jesus likened their teaching to leaven, or yeast. Why? Yeast spreads easily and rapidly. Humans are very susceptible to approaching God in this manner, "Keep the rules. Just do these 10 things and you are OK."

Different groups may have different rules, but we all accumulate them. It may be how many times each week you must attend church meetings, or what kind of clothes you must wear, or how you must wear your hair. Or, it may be a list of things you cannot do. But, as long as you meet these requirements, you are in good standing with your group (or denomination).

But, good standing with God is based on only one thing according to the New Testament: faith in what Jesus did for us. That alone is what makes us right with God. Not our works, but Jesus' work.

LUKE 12:1 NKJ
1 ... He began to say to His disciples first of all, "Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy.

The Pharisees were hypocrites. That is, they put on an act. What they pretended to be in public was not really what they were like in private.

They claimed to be perfect in keeping God's law, but as humans they were all sinners, just like the rest of the people were. Yet, in public, they insisted that others keep the Law perfectly, or be condemned.
They were quick to pass judgment on others, and slow to extend mercy or help. The Pharisees had a legalistic view of God's Word and did not realize that God was merciful and wanted to help people.

2 CORINTHIANS 3:6 NKJ
6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Using God's Word to "kill" instead of using it to minister life is wrong. God's Word is meant to help people and lift them up, not place such hard demands on them that they cannot ever measure up. When we load people down with heavy loads of rules to keep in order to be right with God, we are ministers of death.

MATTHEW 23:1-5 NLT
1 Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples,
2 "The teachers of religious law and the Pharisees are the official interpreters of the law of Moses.
3 So practice and obey whatever they tell you, but don't follow their example. For they don't practice what they teach.
4 They crush people with impossible religious demands and never lift a finger to ease the burden.
5 "Everything they do is for show. . . .

If your "Christianity" is nothing more than a list of "do's and don't's" then you are missing real Christianity, which is a living relationship with Jesus Christ.

SAY THIS: Jesus does not want me to act like a Pharisee.

Upvote 0
S

Starr71

Fear Not!

LUKE 8:50 KJV
50 But when Jesus heard it, he answered him, saying, Fear not: believe only, and she shall be made whole.

The KJV Bible tells us 63 times to "fear not," and 31 times to "be not afraid" or "not be afraid." Obviously, God is trying to tell us something!

If it makes no difference whether we fear, or not, then God wasted a lot of time in Scripture telling us to not be afraid.

Fear is the absence of faith. It can be understood as faith in the devil. Fear is the opposite of believing and trusting in God. Fear stops faith from working. You could say that fear is faith in reverse.

Fear is the cause of all worry, for worry is meditation on fear.
Some may think some fear is healthy, but no true fear is good. We don't have to fear something to have a healthy respect for it, and thus to act wisely. Fear makes people do irrational things. Reverence for God, sometimes called the "fear of God" is healthy, but it has nothing to do with actually being afraid of God.

2 KINGS 6:15-17 NKJ
15 And when the servant of the man of God arose early and went out, there was an army, surrounding the city with horses and chariots. And his servant said to him, "Alas, my master! What shall we do?"
16 So he answered, "Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them."
17 And Elisha prayed, and said, "Lord, I pray, open his eyes that he may see." Then the Lord opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw. And behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.

When we look at the world situation, it is easy to cry out like the servant of Elisha. But when we are tempted to be afraid, it is only because we are not seeing the reality of the whole picture. God is for us, so no matter what comes against us, it can never prevail over us.

We should ask God to open our eyes to the truth. Then keep our focus on God's Word, not on the temptations, lies, and roarings of the devil.

Fear is fed by what we look at and listen to. We can resist fear by choosing to always focus on God and His promises.

DEUTERONOMY 31:6 NKJ
6 "Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you."
When you remember that the Almighty God is ALWAYS with you (and in you!) why should you be afraid?

LUKE 12:7 NKJ
7 "But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.

One way to understand how valuable you are to God is to consider the great price He paid to set you free -- the life of Jesus Christ Himself!

Not even a good earthly parent would allow his child who trusted in him to be harmed. God loves you more than any earthly parent ever loved their child -- and God has the power to fully protect you. So you can trust in Him.

But when we act in fear, we run from the protection of our wonderful Father God and open the door to our enemy.

We should be free from fear because God is for us and watches out for us. The worst that can happen to us (from a worldly perspective) is to die, but even then we will go to be with Jesus. With God on your side, there is really nothing to fear.

Yes, there will be struggles. There will be trials. But these are just opportunities to overcome and gain eternal rewards. In all we face in life, God has promised to be with us, and to help us. So what is there to fear?

JOSHUA 1:9 NET
9 I repeat, be strong and brave! Don't be afraid and don't panic, for I, the LORD your God, am with you in all you do."

SAY THIS: I will not fear! Jesus is Lord!

Upvote 0
S

Starr71

We Know In Part

1 CORINTHIANS 13:9 NKJ
9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part.

The apostle Paul, who was caught up into Heaven, given divine revelation, and wrote down most of the New Testament, said he only knew in part.

If he only knew in part -- how much more it must be true for us.
One problem we have is too many people thinking they know more than they really do. Just because you have read the Bible does not make you a Bible expert. Just because you have a degree from a Bible school does not mean you have all the answers.

Even if you know Hebrew and Greek, so you can read the Bible in the original languages, it does not mean you understand the Bible. It can help, but it does not guarantee understanding. The apostle Paul certainly knew those languages, yet he only knew in part.

We need to be smart enough to admit, along with the apostle Paul, that we don't know it all.

It's not a sin to not know everything. We should not feel like we must have an answer for every question.

God even said there are some things that are secret.

DEUTERONOMY 29:29 NKJ
29 "The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but those things which are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law.

God also indicates there are things in His Word we will only see if we search diligently and work at it, like we were digging for silver (Proverbs 2:1-7).
So, we all need to remain humble. Humility always accompanies wisdom. There is much in the Bible that none of us yet knows completely.

1 CORINTHIANS 13:12 NKJ
12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

Only when we are face to face with God will we see the whole picture.

Until then we will only know in part. Certainly we can learn more now, and we should. But we must always remember that, in this life, none of us will ever know it all.

SAY THIS: There are some things I think I know that I could be wrong about. I don't know everything yet.

Upvote 0
S

Starr71

Glorify God In Death

ECCLESIASTES 3:1-2 KJV
1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

Death is a part of life we cannot escape.

The Bible does not say a certain time has been determined for you to die. It says it has been appointed for us to die once. After death there will be judgment (not reincarnation.)

HEBREWS 9:27 KJV
27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

There is a time to die. When you have lived a full life, then it is time to face death.

It is also a good time to die when you can glorify God by your death. Too many people think life is to be grasped at any cost. Whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord's, and we should seek to glorify Him and please Him.

JOHN 21:19 KJV
19 This spake he, signifying by what death he should glorify God. And when he had spoken this, he saith unto him, Follow me.

ROMANS 14:7-8 NLT
7 For we don't live for ourselves or die for ourselves.
8 If we live, it's to honor the Lord. And if we die, it's to honor the Lord. So whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.

I am planning ahead to glorify God in my death. Some people are only concerned with their comfort. But I desire to leave a good testimony pointing to the reality of my faith in Jesus Christ.

When I have lived a full life and am satisfied I have finished my course, my plan is to make sure all my affairs are in order, then tell the Lord I am ready to come home. I don't plan to stay around doing nothing but causing trouble for my relatives just to be able to stay here on earth a few more days.

Too many so-called "believers" don't really seem to believe in God and Heaven. They act like life on earth is all there is and every effort and expense should be exerted to stay here every second possible.

PHILIPPIANS 1:21,23 NLT
21 For to me, living means living for Christ, and dying is even better.
23 I'm torn between two desires: I long to go and be with Christ, which would be far better for me.

Should believers have to be dragged out of this life in a drugged stupor kicking and screaming to stay here in this sin- infested planet one more day, instead of joyfully giving up the ghost and eagerly going to meet our wonderful Lord Jesus?

While none of us can claim to be experts on dying, Scripture seems to indicate that an individual has a part to play -- either in hanging on for dear life, or in giving up the ghost (spirit).

LUKE 23:46 KJV
46 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

GENESIS 25:8 KJV
8 Then Abraham gave up the ghost, and died in a good old age, an old man, and full of years; and was gathered to his people.

What kind of testimony will you leave behind? Will your friends and relatives see your life and death, and be inspired to follow you -- and the One you claim to be following, Jesus Christ?

If you don't think it matters to God how you die, consider the hall of fame of faith in Hebrews 11. Three of those mentioned tell how they left this earth.

The world needs to see that faith in Jesus Christ gives us a triumphant passage through death.

So, let us die in faith, just as we have lived in faith.

SAY THIS: When I am ready, I will die by faith and leave a good testimony.

Upvote 0
S

Starr71

Esteem Others Better

PHILIPPIANS 2:3 NKJ
3 Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself.

When you start thinking you are better than other people, you are on dangerous ground. It leads to actions opposite to divine love.

Be on guard! The Bible warns us, and we should take heed.

Of course it's not just what we think of others that's important, but how we treat others. However, thoughts always precede and determine actions. So, we must guard our thoughts.

PHILIPPIANS 2:3 NET
3 . . . treat one another as more important than yourself.

Yes, every one of us is better in some way(s) than some other person or persons.

But not one of us is superior in every way to everyone else.

Of even more importance is that we should not value a human being by their looks,
abilities or accomplishments, but by their value to God. God is the true judge of human worth and He thinks that person you are tempted to look down upon is valuable enough to die for.

When you judge someone as not valuable, or judge yourself as more valuable than they are, you are setting yourself up as a judge with higher authority than God.

JAMES 4:6 NLT
6 But he gives us even more grace to stand against such evil desires. As the Scriptures say, "God opposes the proud but favors the humble."

God resists the proud!
Only a fool would want God to oppose them or resist them. Therefore, only a fool, or an ignorant person, would want to be proud -- which is thinking you are better than others.

1 PETER 5:5 NKJ
5 Likewise you younger people, submit yourselves to your elders. Yes, all of you be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility, for "God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble."

What do you have that was not given to you? Did you create yourself? So, what do you really have to boast about?

1 CORINTHIANS 4:7 NKJ
7 For who makes you differ from another? And what do you have that you did not receive? Now if you did indeed receive it, why do you boast as if you had not received it?

Instead of being proud, be grateful for all God has blessed you with. And realize God has blessed you so you can also be a blessing to others -- for they are important to God, too.

1 PETER 2:17 NLT
17 Respect everyone, and love your Christian brothers and sisters.

SAY THIS: I will not fall into the trap of thinking I am better than others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
S

Starr71

Seed, Time and Harvest

GENESIS 8:22 NIV
22 "As long as the earth endures, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night will never cease."

Planting seeds. Then harvesting the crop. As long as the earth exists, this is the way things work on earth.

This is true in the spiritual realm as well as in the physical realm. The Bible teaches that our words and our actions are the seeds we plant, that produce a harvest in our life.

If we are merciful to others, we will be treated with mercy. If we show love and respect, others will show love and respect to us. If we speak words of faith and blessing, good things will increase in our lives. But if we continually speak fear, doubt, and trouble, life will not go well for us.

GALATIANS 6:7 NIV
7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.
The world has a saying based on this principle, "what goes around, comes around."

We reap what we sow. Using modern terms, we harvest what we plant. And the more we plant, the larger our harvest will be, good or bad.

(Fortunately, because of the sacrifice of Jesus on our behalf, we can receive forgiveness and cleansing from our sins and not reap the harvest of death and failure we deserve.)

GALATIANS 3:13a NLT
13 But Christ has rescued us from the curse pronounced by the law. When he was hung on the cross, he took upon himself the curse for our wrongdoing.

1 JOHN 1:9 NKJ
9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Too many people think God "moves in mysterious ways" and any spiritual blessing we may receive is just like winning the lottery -- entirely by chance. But the Bible teaches us that the kingdom of God operates on the "seed principle."

2 CORINTHIANS 9:6 NIV
6 Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously.

So the wise course of action is to continually give out what you would like to receive. If you desire respect, respect others. Would you like people to give you things? Then continually look for opportunities to give to others.

LUKE 6:38 NLT
38 Give, and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full -- pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over, and poured into your lap. The amount you give will determine the amount you get back. "

Seed, Time, and then Harvest is how God operates.

When Jesus wanted to explain to people how God operates in His Kingdom (or rule), He told them it could be illustrated by planting a seed, which will then grow, and produce a harvest.

MARK 4:30-32 NLT
30 Jesus said, "How can I describe the Kingdom of God? What story should I use to illustrate it?
31 It is like a mustard seed planted in the ground. It is the smallest of all seeds,
32 but it becomes the largest of all garden plants; it grows long branches, and birds can make nests in its shade."

When seed is planted, it grows up, and increases.

First you have the seed, which must be planted. Then the seed grows. Growth takes time. This is why it can be helpful to remember this principle as "seed, time, and then harvest." Those are the three phases of receiving what God has provided for you. Plant the seed. Be patient and keep believing while the seed grows. Then you will reap a harvest of blessing.

Jesus said this is the way He could illustrate how the whole kingdom (or rule of God) works.

SAY THIS: After I plant good seeds, I expect a good harvest.

Upvote 0
S

Starr71

Forgive!

MARK 11:25-26 NKJ
25 "And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses.
26 "But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses."

You must forgive others. No matter what they have done. It is the command of God. But it was given for our benefit.

To not forgive hurts you. Refusing to forgive is like swallowing poison daily. It will destroy you.

Jesus said we should forgive when we stand praying. So we don't have to wait until people apologize. Nor does forgiveness require a long time.

Forgiveness is not a feeling. It is a decision to quit holding something against someone. When we forgive people we must release them and forget it.

You may think it is impossible to forgive someone who has deeply wronged you. With God it is possible. He never asks us to do something we cannot do.

LUKE 6:35-38 NKJ
35 "But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Highest. For He is kind to the unthankful and evil.
36 "Therefore be merciful, just as your Father also is merciful.
37 "Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.
38 "Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you."

Whatever we measure out is what will be measured back to us. If we want others -- including God -- to show mercy to us and forgive us -- we must forgive and be merciful to others.

It is not enough to forgive only those people who have wronged us a little. We must forgive everyone!

MATTHEW 18:21-22 NKJ
21 Then Peter came to Him and said, "Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?"
22 Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.

Surely Jesus was not setting a maximum limit on the number of times we should forgive. He gave an absurdly high number so we would realize He meant for us to forgive without limit -- just as He forgives us.

LUKE 23:33-34 NKJ
33 And when they had come to the place called Calvary, there they crucified Him, and the criminals, one on the right hand and the other on the left.
34 Then Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do." And they divided His garments and cast lots.

Jesus set a perfect example of forgiveness for us when He forgave those who mocked Him and crucified Him. But this kind of forgiveness is certainly beyond normal human ability or experience. It takes the power of God to do it. When we are born again we have access to that power through the love of God inside us.

EPHESIANS 4:32 NKJ
32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God in Christ also forgave you.

We are commanded to forgive others in the same way God has forgiven us! Having God's help is necessary to do that.

COLOSSIANS 3:13 NKJ
13 bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do.

It is not optional. If we desire God's blessing and fellowship -- we must forgive others as He forgave us.

SAY THIS: With God's help, I will forgive.

Upvote 0
S

Starr71

What Does God Want From Me?

HEBREWS 11:6 NKJ
6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

You may be working yourself to a frazzle trying to be perfect so you can please God.

You may have tried so hard and become so frustrated that you are about ready to give up. Well, maybe you should quit trying to be perfect on your own -- because none of us will ever be perfect through our own efforts, anyway.

God knows you are human. He does not expect perfection out of you. If you were perfect you would not even need a Saviour.

God loves you and accepts you because He made you. And He is able to make you into what He desires for you to be -- if you will trust Him and allow Him to work in you.

God wants you to trust Him. He wants your love and respect. He has certainly earned it and deserves it. Don't let the devil keep you from giving to God what He really desires: your love and faith.

What does God desire from you? Not perfect performance -- but total trust. God wants you to believe that He is good -- a rewarder!

SAY THIS: I trust You Lord God. Thank You for loving me. I will rest in your love, instead of worrying about my performance. Work your will in me.

Upvote 0
S

Starr71

Keep The Faith!

HEBREWS 4:14 NLT
14 So then, since we have a great High Priest who has entered heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to what we believe.

Here on Earth, it is considered wise to save up for the future, to have a plan for how you will be supported in your old age. But how much more important should it be considered, to prepare for eternity.
Some day, you will be living in Heaven. Then you will be glad you trusted Jesus and honored Him here on Earth.

1 PETER 1:6-7 NLT
6 So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a little while.
7 These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold -- though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world.

Jesus never promised that following Him would exempt us from facing problems in this life. But He did promise to always be with us, and to help us overcome whatever we face.

The devil's whole strategy is to steal your faith in God. Whenever we receive revelation of God's Word, it is to be expected that the devil will try to steal that word from our heart.

MATTHEW 13:19 NKJ
19 "When anyone hears the word of the kingdom, and does not understand it, then the wicked one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is he who received seed by the wayside.

MARK 4:15 NKJ
15 "And these are the ones by the wayside where the word is sown. When they hear, Satan comes immediately and takes away the word that was sown in their hearts.
How could satan take the Word away from someone? Only by getting them to doubt it. By trying to arrange circumstances and feelings to make it seem like God's Word is not true. Why else would anyone turn loose of God's Word unless the Word does not seem to be working in their life?

God requires you to trust Him -- and He deserves your trust.

HEBREWS 11:6 NLT
6 And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him.

So hang on tight to your faith in God and His Word!

If things don't seem to be working, ask God to teach you and give you understanding of how to act on His Word accurately. But never doubt God's faithfulness to keep His Word. Not only will this benefit you in this life, but through all eternity.

SAY THIS: I will keep my faith in God because He is worthy of my trust.

Upvote 0
S

Starr71

God bless all Mother's today and forever.

Happy Mother's day !

In Memory for my mom, I lost her 1 year ago yesterday.

Mom I love you and you will never be forgotten, I will cherish all those good memories, and will forget any negative ones,
For life is to short, and can only be as sweet as you let it. Life is what we make of it. You taught me many things that I hold dear, and for that thank you Mom.

Love you Mom,
Starr

Upvote 0