Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Peter 3:14-17

But even if you should suffer for righteousness' sake, :doh1: you are blessed. :hrelax: And do not be afraid of their threats, :puff:nor be troubled. :purple: But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, :pciuu: and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, :idea1: with meekness and fear; :satisfied:having a good conscience, :hi: that when they defame you as evildoers, :nono: those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed. :sadd: For it is better, if it is the will of God, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil. :nowords:

Upvote 0

OneOfTheMasters

Dec 6, 2019
Alabama
✟114,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
FB_IMG_1575955499013.jpg

Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Peter 4:12-17

Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you; :mmh: but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ's sufferings, :blink: that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy. :sohappy:

If you are reproached for the name of Christ, blessed are you, :satisfied: for the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you. :love2: On their part He is blasphemed, :nono: but on your part He is glorified. :love:

But let none of you suffer as a murderer, :kyaa: a thief, :scooter: an evildoer, :destroy: or as a busybody in other people's matters. :dontcare:

Yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, :sad: but let him glorify God in this matter. :cheer:

For the time has come for judgement to begin at the house of God; :wedding: and if it begins with us first, :holdinghands: what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God? :earthamericas:

Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Looking at what I put above, and especially this part got me stronger right now, even though I did line under it at an earlier time, now it is just clear to me.

1 Peter 4:17

"For the time has come for judgement to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?"

As we are going through a sanctification process in Christ by God's working in us, He is allowed to keep on disciplining us, as well as showing to us our sins which needs getting removed. As Jesus Christ stated by being the vine and we as the branches in Him, He also mentioned we needed pruning to continue having growth in Him.

John 15:1-8

I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.
You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you.
Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.
I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.
If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered: and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.
If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.
By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.

When someone prunes a plant it is meant for making it better, and to be bearing much more fruit.

And the same is done to us. All because of His love for us, and wanting to refine us, preparing us for the eternity which is laid before us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Peter 5:1-7

The elders who are among you I exhort, I who am a fellow elder and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that will be revealed: :oldman: Shepherd the flock of God which is among you, :holdinghands: serving as overseers, :eyes: not by compulsion :thumbsdown: but willingly, :thumbsup: not for dishonest gain :japanesegoblin: but eagerly; :heart: nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, :bustsilhouette: but being examples to the flock; :sparklingheart: and when the Chief Shepherd appears, :hammer: you will receive the crown of glory that does not fade away. :crown:

Likewise you younger people, :personblonde::raisinghand: submit yourselves to your elders. :oldman::oldwoman: Yes, all of you be submissive to one another, :holdinghands: and be clothed with humility, :yellowheart::nopedestrians: for God resists the proud, :crossmark: But gives grace to the humble. :heartribbon:

Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, :hand: that He may exalt you in due time, :sparkles: casting all your care upon Him, :speechballoon: for He cares for you. :hourglass:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
3 John 1:4

"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth."

I thought very soon of God the Father when I read this part. As He delights in it when we walk in the truth, in His Truth. And when we remain in His truth, we will also remain in His love.

I have noticed that those who do evil, it will follow a pride with it. And with this pride they will justify all the hurt they feel, as well as continue doing what is bad.

There is a pride within us when we hold on to sin as well as justify anything bad we do and have in mind. We have all been guilty of this before we came to know Christ as well as getting saved, and it can sometimes come up through our feelings also when saved, though when we truly are saved, we will be confronted with this by the Holy Spirit. And we will no longer have any joy out from sinning nor doing what is bad. Whenever we do we will be confronted with this, and it will grieve us.

The more sins are justified the more you abound in sinning, and the more you are willing of justifying more sins as fine. What seemed as harmless at first, gets into a greater amount later on. And what we thought of as easy for us to control in the start, will get more out of control for us later.

When we do keep ourselves in the truth, wanting to abide in God's love. We will also get more into a state of humbleness, as pride cannot abide in God's love nor in His truth.

Staying in His truth and love doesn't mean life will be made easier for us, Jesus didn't say we wouldn't go through life without troubles when we follow Him. Trials and tribulations would come to us, but since He has overcome the world, we should be of good cheer, and knowing that He gives us of His peace. It is all worth it, walking in His Truth and in His Love. Though it may feel as the world falls over us, we are promised the crown of life when we endure until the end!

Upvote 0