Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
The verb means to expose or prove wrong.

In the NT…. this verb is predominantly done in a spirit of kindness, helpfulness and love ….as opposed to its original root hleng which caried a meaning of to shame or put to shame....that is never a good way to reprove someone.

The best way to check the meaning is to check the various uses in the Word and see what it conveys….then check the context of the specific verse you are seeking.

Reactions: Tyler35
Upvote 0

Tyler35

Feb 24, 2023
Denver
✟25,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
The verb means to expose or prove wrong.

In the NT…. this verb is predominantly done in a spirit of kindness, helpfulness and love ….as opposed to its original root hleng which caried a meaning of to shame or put to shame....that is never a good way to reprove someone.

The best way to check the meaning is to check the various uses in the Word and see what it conveys….then check the context of the specific verse you are seeking.
Thank you . Could you help me interpret verses 9-11? I see Bible translations use convince, reprove, and convict. Convict is a word I don’t fully understand, but may be the best fitting? Reprove seems to not work because I don’t see how reproving of righteousness can make sense. Convincing/exposing seems to work for sin, righteousness, and judgement.

Upvote 0