Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
One of the posters here, victoryword, has an entire website full of explanations and scriptural references. It's quite good if you want to know the truth about the WoF movement and its beliefs. If you want to know the distortions and blatant lies about the movement, just stay tuned. The critics will be along shortly...

In the meantime:
http://www.victoryword.100megspop2.com/

Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟286,413.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There is no official WoF doctrine. If you listen to preachers and dilligently check them against scripture, you will find that none of them are superior to scripture, WoF or not. I am definately not WoF, but I have heard useful teaching from many WoF teachers. A few of them have said some things so off the wall that I personally don't trust any thing those individuals have to say.

Upvote 0

Mikecpking

Aug 29, 2005
Telford,Shropshire,England
Visit site
✟18,099.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Hi,
There is a book available which covers all the doctrinal points of the "word of faith" movement available. The Evangelical Alliance which many free church, evangelical and charismatics has amongst its members in the UK has made an editorial about it.

You can order it and see the editorial at

http://www.eauk.org/contentmanager/content/acute/fhp.cfm

Upvote 0

Hadron

In His Footsteps
Nov 4, 2004
✟2,667.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
jiminpa said:
There is no official WoF doctrine. If you listen to preachers and dilligently check them against scripture, you will find that none of them are superior to scripture, WoF or not. I am definately not WoF, but I have heard useful teaching from many WoF teachers. A few of them have said some things so off the wall that I personally don't trust any thing those individuals have to say.

Nicely said.

Upvote 0

12volt_man

Jan 8, 2004
✟9,150.00
Faith
Christian
Jcsogls said:
What is "word of faith" doctrine. What is the belief system. What scripture backs it up?
Be very, very careful when dealing with WoF doctrine.

It has it's roots with such men as Essek W Kenyon and William Branham, both of whom taught things that were grossly at odds with scripture.

One of the key teachings of WoF is the "born again Jesus" or "Jesus died spiritually" teaching.

This teaching says that Jesus Christ became a sinner on the cross and had to go to Hell and suffer as a sinner in order to purchase His own atonement before He could purchase ours.

Tread lightly.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟137,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have been a part of the Word of Faith movement for over 26 years. I have attended the same church since I was 2 years old. I've seen people come and go from my church over the years. I've seen people come through our doors that thought that they were trying to help us by "exposing" our false doctrines. Ironically, all of those people have gone, and now most of them are not even serving God at all anymore.

In my 26 years in the WoF movement, I've experienced God and His power time and time again. God completely healed me of allergies. God completely healed my wife of asthma. God has blessed us more than we could ever ask or think. God has blessed me with a job in my economically depressed community where there are no jobs so that I can continue to be a part of the fellowship that He has called me to. God made a way for my wife and I to purchase our home after I'd only been working for 6 months and my wife had only been out of high school for 3 months. God is good! God has used us to reach the youth in this area and to date, we have had the opportunity to minister to over 2,000 youth in our region. The youth are tired of all the watered down gospel they've heard at other places and are ready to receive what God has for them. We're equipping an entire generation to be world changers, on fire for God.

I'm not very eloquent with my words and I can't write a well thought out essay to explain my belief and faith in God, so I will instead sum up my WoF doctrine with one simple statement; God said it, that settles it. I've seen bumper stickers that say "God said it, I believe it, that settles it." But I've learned that it doesn't matter whether I believe it or not. The truth is still the truth whether we believe it or not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Trish1947

Free to Believe
Nov 14, 2003
California
Visit site
✟24,917.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
12volt_man said:
Be very, very careful when dealing with WoF doctrine.

It has it's roots with such men as Essek W Kenyon and William Branham, both of whom taught things that were grossly at odds with scripture.

One of the key teachings of WoF is the "born again Jesus" or "Jesus died spiritually" teaching.

This teaching says that Jesus Christ became a sinner on the cross and had to go to Hell and suffer as a sinner in order to purchase His own atonement before He could purchase ours.

Tread lightly.

Wouldn't it be better instead of baseing your judgements around what someone else has said. How about referring them to the WOF subforum to get thier questions answered, instead of making comments like "tread lightly". Baseing your judgements around certain comments made by individuals can lead to that person not knowing anymore than when that person first asked. "So and so said this," and "tread lightly" is no information at all.

Upvote 0

Fresh_ers

Dec 16, 2002
Visit site
✟15,166.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was saved in a WOF/Charismatic church. We received our teaching directly from the Bible.

The word of faith is the principle found in Romans 10:8-9. We confess Jesus Christ as Lord and believe that God raised Him from the dead. We confess the Word of God (Jesus Christ is the Word of God made flesh) and believe that God will bring it to pass by His Spirit (Jesus was raised from the dead by the Spirit of God). The first key is walking (action) in the love of God. God's love is poured into us by the Holy Spirit given to us through Jesus Christ. "Faith works by love" and its presence in us causes faith to take root and grow. The second key is getting the Word of God in our hearts. Faith comes through the Word of God, then we speak according to the faith it has produced in our hearts. The third key is putting all our hope in Jesus Christ and God's will for us. Since "faith is the substance of things hoped for", we will receive all for which we hope for according to His Word.

We receive by Faith that for which we Hope because of God's Love for us.

Upvote 0

12volt_man

Jan 8, 2004
✟9,150.00
Faith
Christian
Fresh_ers said:
I was saved in a WOF/Charismatic church. We received our teaching directly from the Bible.

The word of faith is the principle found in Romans 10:8-9. We confess Jesus Christ as Lord and believe that God raised Him from the dead. We confess the Word of God (Jesus Christ is the Word of God made flesh) and believe that God will bring it to pass by His Spirit (Jesus was raised from the dead by the Spirit of God). The first key is walking (action) in the love of God. God's love is poured into us by the Holy Spirit given to us through Jesus Christ. "Faith works by love" and its presence in us causes faith to take root and grow. The second key is getting the Word of God in our hearts. Faith comes through the Word of God, then we speak according to the faith it has produced in our hearts. The third key is putting all our hope in Jesus Christ and God's will for us. Since "faith is the substance of things hoped for", we will receive all for which we hope for according to His Word.

We receive by Faith that for which we Hope because of God's Love for us.

Could you take a minute, please, and show us where in scripture "Jesus died spiritually" is found?

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟137,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For those of you interested in 12volt_man's true motives, check out this thread that was closed just a day ago. Pay particular attention to posts #96-154 where 12volt_man accused, without any evidence, 2 of the posters here at CF with proven false accusations in an attempt to discredit them. Then notice this wondeful statement towards the end of the thread where he says:

12volt_man said:
"The problem is that it doesn't matter how loving the person questioning WoF teaching is, they're still going to be attacked."

Judge for yourself whether 12volt_man is interested in the truth about WoF or not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jcsogls

Jul 18, 2005
United States
Visit site
✟7,744.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Christina M said:
Be very, very careful about people who are AGAINST word of faith. They are out there.....and their mission is to stop people from hearing the TRUTH about God's Word....that He wants us healthly, whole and blessed. What father would not want that for his children???????

It is amazing how many so-called Christians fight against His Good News.

Well Sis, I'm a Christian. I love Jesus. Hes God. He died for me at the cross, was buried and rose on the 3rd day. He took my place at the cross for my sins. I have a personal relationship with HIM. Hes the creator. Hes my LORD and Savior.
I'm am fully AGAINST Word Of Faith, however I am all for the Word of God.

In Christ

Rich

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟137,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jcsogls said:
Well Sis, I'm a Christian. I love Jesus. Hes God. He died for me at the cross, was buried and rose on the 3rd day. He took my place at the cross for my sins. I have a personal relationship with HIM. Hes the creator. Hes my LORD and Savior.
I'm am fully AGAINST Word Of Faith, however I am all for the Word of God.

In Christ

Rich

Hmmm. So not even 12 hours ago, you did not even know what WoF was, and now you are FULLY AGAINST it? What exactly are you against?

Upvote 0
C

Christina M

12volt_man said:
Could you take a minute, please, and show us where in scripture "Jesus died spiritually" is found?

The penalty for unrepented sin is SEPARATION FROM GOD.... since sin cannot be in the presence of God....how else can it be interpreted??? Jesus became sin for us.... duh.

Of course He died spiritually for us. Just dying on a cross was not enough...MANY died on a cross. It didn't do a thing for me.... or you.

I, for one, am very grateful.:bow:

Instead of fighting it...and mocking it....perhaps you should be grateful for it, too.

Upvote 0

Trish1947

Free to Believe
Nov 14, 2003
California
Visit site
✟24,917.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
12volt_man said:
So, what are we to judge WoF teaching by, if not what it's teachers teach?

You leave a big gap in your so called information, without WOF presenting their side of what they see as scripturally sound. And let them seek it for themselves. What if I said, "tread lightly" when it comes to talking to a Baptist, or AOG, or Penticostal, because so and so of that denomination said this or that. There are some things that I don't go along with, but I'm not throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Their basic tenants of faith are sound. I believe that Jesus died spiritually, but I believed this when I was a Baptist, WOF had nothing to do with it. I just see it that way in scripture. How can I live spiritually if Jesus didn't die spiritually? How can I be made sinless in Gods eyes, if Jesus wasn't made to be sin? How can I be made well in body, if Jesus wasn't made to bear my sicknesses and diseases. Not everyone see's it that way, but how does that negate the basic tenants of faith? There is just as many scriptures that validate this approach as you think there is not.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.