✟1,403,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Prophetable said:
You are denigrating Jesus Christ by watering down Godly authority.
The Lord Jesus Christ is subject to God the Father.
This is clear in scripture.
Head means Authority.
The Lord Jesus Christ is not Omniscient like the Father.

Please stop teaching lies lest the Lord God judges you severely.

You need talk about about the Lord God judging others I would question your statement that the Lord Jesus Christ is not omniscient.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,054,708.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Originally Posted by: Strong in Him (When I'm in him occasionally)

Sorry, but this judgemental comment added by you means .... what, exactly?

I was going to write some more on this topic but I'm not sure there's much point having read your statement about Jesus' omniscience. When Jesus was on earth he was both human and divine, but he has never not been God. Now he is with the Father again he is no longer a human being, that's all. He is now only fully divine. Jesus is God the Son. There is one God; Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Maybe you meant he was not completely omniscient while he was on earth, as he was human too? Well he certainly is now. And if you are seriously saying otherwise, then whether a man or woman preaches your message is completely irrelevant. Questioning Jesus' deity is far more serious than any arguments over the gender of the preacher.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
.Matt 28:1-10, Luke 24:9-11, John 20:16-18 The two Mary's at the tomb were told to run and "tell" the disciples that "He is Risen".

John 4:28-30, 39 The woman at the well ran through the town and brought them all to Jesus. V39 "Now numerous Samaritans from theat town believed in and trusted in Him because of what the woman said".

Acts 2:14-21, Joel 2:28-32 V17 "And it shall come to pass in the last days, God declares, that I will pour out My Spirit upon all mankind, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy [telling forth the divine counsels].

1 Cor 14:3, 4 "the one who prohesies [who interprets the divine will and purpose in inspired preaching and teaching] speaks to men for thier upbuilding.V4 edifies and improves the church.

Acts 21:8, 9 Philip had 4 daughters who all had the gift of prophesy.

Rom 16:1, 2 Paul ws sending this letter via "our sister Phoebe, a deconess of the church at Cenchreae." He instructed them to receive her as saints ought to receive one another. He told them to help her in whatever way she needed. Several other women are listed in that chapter as helpers who worked alongside Paul in the furtherence of the Gospel. V3 Pricilla. V6 Mary. V 12 Tryphaena, Tryphosa, and Persis. V13 Rufus' mother, Paul said she was like a mother to him. V15 Julia and Nereus' sister.

Phil 4:2, 3, Euodia and Syntyche toild along with Paul in the spreading of the Good News.

1 Cor 1:11 "those of Chloes household"

1 Cor 11:4, 5 We see that "any women who [publicly] prayed or prophesied (teaches, refutes, reproves, admonisher, or comforts)". It's obvious that women were allowed to preach.

1 Cor 12 Paul says each of us have differing gifts. He does not seperate women's gifts from mens. V11 God gives to "each person as God wishes".

Col 4:15 Nympha had a church which met in her house.

2 Timothy 3:8-12 is giving the list of qualities for a deacon. V11 "the women likewise".

The Old Testament has a list of women also, Ex 15:20 Miriam prophesied before ALL the people.

Judges 4:4 Deborah, a prophetess, a wife, and a JUDGE of Israel.

2 Kings 22:14 and 2 Chron 34:22 Huldah, a prophetess and a wife. Hilkiah, the High Priest and several other men went to her for a word from God.

Nehemiah 6:14 Tobiah, a prophetess

Isaiah 8:3 Isaiahs wife was a prophetess.

Luke 1:39-56 Elizabeth, mother of John the Baptist prophesied.

Luke 2:36 Anna, a prophetess in the temple enclosure.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
attachment.php

This thread is now reopened. I have deleted several posts that were flaming. I've also deleted posts who quoted the flaming.

If you cannot post in a manner that is not putting down your fellow brothers and sisters then don't post at all.

Please review CF rules before continuing to post here.

If the flaming continues: Official warnings coming soon to posters near you! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Citizen of the Kingdom said:
God moves heaven and earth to accomplish His purposes on earth. He needs to have faithful people that He can trust. People that when He wants to move , He can move thru them.
I

That's my interpretation of what the bible wants from His people. So if He needs to be effective in a certain area He uses His people to act.
I don't know if He has a man and woman in there whether He will use one over the other or both in the same or different roles. But one thing I am sure of is that if He calls on us to act and we don't because of fear of "man" then i'm sure He will go through a more reliable agent, because no matter what His will will be done. But if nobody is there for Him it will take that much longer.
When all is said and done it's all about Him and how the Spirit moves thru us. male or female. :) :wave:

Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Someone please dispute this cause I miss the chaos

Ephesians 4:11
11 And he gave some as apostles, others as prophets, others as evangelists, others as pastors and teachers,
Ephesians 4:14
14 so that we may no longer be infants, tossed by waves and swept along by every wind of teaching arising from human trickery, from their cunning in the interests of deceitful scheming.
Ephesians 5:21
21 Be subordinate to one another out of reverence for Christ.
Ephesians 6:4
4 Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up with the training and instruction of the Lord.

Colossians 1:28
28 It is he whom we proclaim, admonishing everyone and teaching everyone with all wisdom, that we may present everyone perfect in Christ.
Colossians 2:4
4 I say this so that no one may deceive you by specious arguments.
Colossians 2:8
8 See to it that no one captivate you with an empty, seductive philosophy according to human tradition, according to the elemental powers of the world and not according to Christ.
Colossians 2:22
22 These are all things destined to perish with use; they accord with human precepts and teachings.
Colossians 3:16
16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, as in all wisdom you teach and admonish one another, singing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
From your reasoning I detect a note of familiarity with traditional beliefs.
However I beleive it is written that new wine is never good to those familiar with the old wine. And because traditional beliefs in their very makeup leave no room for change any unfolding is always met with hostility, unbelief, rigidity and/or suspicion.
But I believe that the very makeup of the Holy Spirit is an unfolding of deeper and deeper truths. What was good for us in kindergarten isn't what's good for college.
The same way that the law was a governer of our sinful nature until grace came along.
Nothing is written in stone except for the 10 commandments. Revelation is true today as much as it was in John's day.
But I commend you for your discerning ways cause if something doesn't line up with scripture then it all should go out the door like the baby with the bath water. But to say the bible is against that and you don't beleive that when all I did was quote scripture...well...
Just what part of it don't you believe and what is the bible against?

Upvote 0

JacobHall86

Calvin is 500 years old, Calvinism is eternal!
Apr 27, 2006
ATL
✟20,536.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
From your reasoning I detect a note of familiarity with traditional beliefs.
However I beleive it is written that new wine is never good to those familiar with the old wine. And because traditional beliefs in their very makeup leave no room for change any unfolding is always met with hostility, unbelief, rigidity and/or suspicion.
But I believe that the very makeup of the Holy Spirit is an unfolding of deeper and deeper truths. What was good for us in kindergarten isn't what's good for college.
The same way that the law was a governer of our sinful nature until grace came along.
Nothing is written in stone except for the 10 commandments. Revelation is true today as much as it was in John's day.
But I commend you for your discerning ways cause if something doesn't line up with scripture then it all should go out the door like the baby with the bath water. But to say the bible is against that and you don't beleive that when all I did was quote scripture...well...
Just what part of it don't you believe and what is the bible against?
The part when Paul said "I do not permit a woman to teach over men."

Kinda spells it out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
JacobHall86 said:
The part when Paul said "I do not permit a woman to teach over men."

Kinda spells it out.

16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, as in all wisdom you teach and admonish one another, singing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.

I don't think that this verse was just written for men. In the beginning of the chapter it says
verse 1 says "if ye then be risen in Christ (who? just men?)
verse 10 put on the new man (that can't mean woman can it?)
verse 11 there is neither Greek nor Jew...bond nor free...Christ is all, and in all ( pretty clear on that)
verse 16 let the word of Christ dwell in you richly....teaching and admonishing one another ( that definately says men and women teaching each other)

Upvote 0

JacobHall86

Calvin is 500 years old, Calvinism is eternal!
Apr 27, 2006
ATL
✟20,536.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

I don't think that this verse was just written for men. In the beginning of the chapter it says
verse 1 says "if ye then be risen in Christ (who? just men?)
verse 10 put on the new man (that can't mean woman can it?)
verse 11 there is neither Greek nor Jew...bond nor free...Christ is all, and in all ( pretty clear on that)
verse 16 let the word of Christ dwell in you richly....teaching and admonishing one another ( that definately says men and women teaching each other)
The verses you mentioned did not refute that Women Preaching is anti-Biblical. In fact you danced around it. Its wrong.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
JacobHall86 said:
The verses you mentioned did not refute that Women Preaching is anti-Biblical. In fact you danced around it. Its wrong.

How? I was responding to your comment on teaching.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
JacobHall86 said:

Better question. What does that mean? the verses didn't refute that women preaching is anti biblical...:doh: :scratch:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.