Visit site
✟611,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
There seem to be a number of threads rehashing this topic in one way or another. Often there are two going at once. These threads create a deal of angst between those who adopt a hard line literal verbal inerrancy approach to a number of texts, and those who have a more open (some will say liberal) view of the matter. Given that there are members of CF who are women in ministry some of the debate is counterproductive to the furtherance of the Gospel and sometimes quite hurtful.

I have no desire to hurt anyone, however I feel it may be helpful if there was a thread area, forum, where these issue could be addressed. I do not wish to limit discussion, however in truth I would like to limit the hurt and harm being done to real live human beings.

Perhaps some of the staff could think and pray about how to handle this. @Paidiske is one staff member who may be able to add somemthing to this.

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,854.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
In some ways, I think the egalitarian forum was supposed to be a place we could talk about this without being denigrated. In reality, other topics have sparked more interest there, but perhaps if you started a thread there, @Philip_B, we could see how it went?

• Winner
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

Philip_B

Bread is Blessed & Broken Wine is Blessed & Poured
Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2016
Swansea, NSW, Australia
Visit site
✟611,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Maybe the problem is that egalitarian may not be how the matter is understood in some quarters. In some ways rather than starting another thread I would almost like to ban the topic. I suspect that the issue may become more active (fearfully) when we see some things coming from the RCC commission that is looking into the matter, I will give it some thought, however, I would like others to give it some thought as well.

WeArePerfect.jpg

Upvote 0