nuarc

Cinnamon Hot
Jul 3, 2004
✟15,865.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah that's true- on TV there is King of Queens, and another show where the hubby is softer, but there aren't many shows with heavier moms as the lead female. Double standard, but society seems to accept it.
I personally prefer a big cuddly guy, so if I see them on TV Im a happy lady :)

Upvote 0

MrsGnomeCrusher

Veteran
Mar 17, 2004
Manitoba, Canada
✟10,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
nuarc said:
Yeah that's true- on TV there is King of Queens,

I think Kevin James is a cutie and I'd date him! Actually, I enjoy the character he plays 'cause he's so funny. I want someone to make me laugh like that!

and another show where the hubby is softer, but there aren't many shows with heavier moms as the lead female. Double standard, but society seems to accept it.
I personally prefer a big cuddly guy, so if I see them on TV Im a happy lady :)

There are quite a few shows where the man's has some meat on his bones while the woman is small and petite. I'm not an avid tv watcher, but if there are any shows out there that the role's a bit reversed, where the guy is thin and the girl has a bit of junk in the trunk . . . I'd be very surprised.

Upvote 0

Ashlynn

Mrs. Paria
Jun 17, 2004
✟16,207.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
wvmtnkid said:
The only show that comes to mind where the female mom was heavier is Rosanne.

Not that he is a TV dad-but I like the actor that plays Gil Grissom on CSI. I'd have dinner with Grissom! :)
Yeah, Roseanne is the only one that comes to my mind too- but her husband was played by a softer much larger actor- His name escapes me now...John something.
I wonder if ever they would cast a very thin man with a not so thin woman on a Tv show....WAIT hey they did that on "The Parkers", but it was for the very last episode of the series when she finally stopped chasing him and they got married hehe...yes, I watch too much TV.

I'd go out on a date with Gil Grissom too!

Upvote 0

Living4Him03

Just wanna dance with you
Nov 16, 2003
Fort Worth, Texas
Visit site
✟18,965.00
Faith
Protestant
I think it's kinda sad that both men and women are portrayed in the media as only ideal if they are thin, muscular, have the perfect hair, etc. I think larger men and women aren't portrayed very often as the good characters on TV or in movies...Bridget Jones is an exception I guess. The "fat one" on a sitcom is usually not really what I would consider fat in real life, but I guess compared to someone who is a size 1 they are large lol.

I hope guys don't compare themselves to movie stars and think they need to look like them. And not all girls go for the super muscular, pretty boy. Tobey Mcguire and Elijah Wood are two of my favorite male actors and I think they're so cute. Yet, neither is really that built or anything! I don't know of that many male actors who are cuddly, which is sad.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums