Woman With Same-Sex Attraction Calls on D.C. Archdiocese to Cancel Parish’s “Pride” Mass in Viral Tweet...

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,680,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"We do not want to be identified by our disordered impulses or celebrate our past sins. This is what Pride does."

One woman's tweet went viral after she penned an open letter to the Archdiocese of Washington, D.C., requesting the cancellation of an upcoming "Pride" Mass scheduled on June 14.

Anna-Katherine Howell, a 31-year-old woman who says she struggles with same-sex attraction, addressed the letter to Cardinal Wilton Gregory of the Archdiocese of Washington, D.C.

Howell explained that she once lived a lifestyle contrary to the Catholic Church's teaching on homosexuality, and she is "not proud of any of this."

"From my teen years up until my conversion, I lived a horribly sinful life, including a great deal of promiscuity, an addiction to inappropriate contentography, and a same-sex 'marriage' at age 26," Howell tweeted.

Howell explained that rather than celebrating the sin, she celebrates her repentance and return to the Church.

Continued below.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,680,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married