✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
christianbeginning said:
OK - as Christians, how do we respond to this sort of thing? Especially given the OT story about a similar theme.

Women who killed daughter said she wanted to give child to God
http://www.100news.org/
(on the left column).

How awful!!

What a sad and tragic story. :(

And what's with Child Protective Services? They asked the judge to deny the father custody of his other two surviving children, get this, because he was not home to protect his daughter from her mother! :eek:

Hey, Child Protective Services - the father was at work, clothing, feeding and providing for his family. Hellllooooo?

This poor guy has just lost a daughter, lost his wife, his world is turned upside-down, and Child Protective Services decides to give him one, final, crushing blow.

This story is tragic on many levels.

Upvote 0

ChrisB803

Sep 6, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Visit site
✟8,544.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This is a sickening thing to see, even aside from how atheists, et al, will try and turn it. Frankly I don't care how they spin it. Nowhere in the Bible did God actually allow anyone to go through with killing their child. He asked Abraham to do it in order to show his faith, but once he knew that Abraham would have obeyed He provided a ram instead. This is the second or third instance I've read of in the past couple of years in which a mother killed her kids claiming God told them to do it. Sounds to me more like an "Angel of Light" whispering words of murder and hatred.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

christianbeginning

Sep 28, 2003
Visit site
✟309.00
Faith
Christian
Good responses. Would anyone say that there were people in the OT that could be classified - in modern terms - as mentally ill?

PS - sorry, I use that website because of all the topics it links to (I don't care much for drudge) - it was near the middle of the top section when I posted it.

Upvote 0

utdbear

Catalina Wine Mixer....POW!
Jul 6, 2004
Dallas, TX
✟4,578.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This crime has pretty much gripped Plano, where I live. Its a pretty sad place to walk around here now a days. I talked to an officer that I know who is in the Traffic division here in town and the officers and 911 dispatcher who made the call are pretty disturbed. This city needs prayer, this is twice in the last year something like this has happened.

Upvote 0

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
utdbear said:
This crime has pretty much gripped Plano, where I live. Its a pretty sad place to walk around here now a days. I talked to an officer that I know who is in the Traffic division here in town and the officers and 911 dispatcher who made the call are pretty disturbed. This city needs prayer, this is twice in the last year something like this has happened.

That is really sad - Your city has my prayers!

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Twice this year? I hope it is some type of weird coinidince and not some type of mind-affecting toxin or something (meaning that certain types of chemicals may have been used or dumped in the area that could cause psychotic behavior).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

utdbear

Catalina Wine Mixer....POW!
Jul 6, 2004
Dallas, TX
✟4,578.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, the big word around town now is 'post-partum depression'. A young girl just killed her kid about a year ago, and about 6 months ago or so was found not guilty by reason of insanity. I'll try to look up the article. The scene of the crime is literally less than 3 city blocks from where I live, its pretty crazy.

Upvote 0

Milla

Apr 24, 2004
✟19,230.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
ChrisB803 said:
This is a sickening thing to see, even aside from how atheists, et al, will try and turn it. Frankly I don't care how they spin it. Nowhere in the Bible did God actually allow anyone to go through with killing their child...
This is your first reaction to a story of this type? :sigh:

These horror stories are all too common. I really hope that, if nothing else, they lead to increased public awareness of severe mental disorder, and lead to people getting the help they need before their psychoses lead them to hurt themselves and/or others.

Upvote 0

Norseman

EAC Representative
Apr 29, 2004
Currently in China
✟13,677.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Vylo said:
Twice this year? I hope it is some type of weird coinidince and not some type of mind-affecting toxin or something (meaning that certain types of chemicals may have been used or dumped in the area that could cause psychotic behavior).

How did you know about the PT-34 dumping? Oh, never mind, I see you're an EAC member.

Upvote 0