Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
[staff edit]

I would have to disagree with you.

Also, this has absolutely nothing to do with Black Lives Matters. These are Native American water protectors.

It has nothing to do with Christians, although many came to Standing Rock in solidarity a while back. They even burnt a copy of what was said to be the Doctrine of Discovery. And while it was a nice gesture, not many water protectors fell for it.

Again, nothing to do with Christians or Christianity.

There is no victim mentality. These are actual people risking their lives to oppose an oil pipeline that would threaten the water supply of millions of people. These are actual people, Native Americans, who are still fighting for their survival and their land.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@SummerMadness, for information on what happened to Sophia, you can watch the press conference here where her father spoke about her injuries earlier today. The last update I heard earlier this afternoon is her arm may still need to be amputated.

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,274,490.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
No, Sophia Wilansky is a 21 year old woman from New York City. She just graduated from college.
He forgot to add the smiley. Poe's Law. :)

The violence of the police is unseemly, but for some here this is a non-issue to them because they only wish to mock Native Americans.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
No, Sophia Wilansky is a 21 year old woman from New York City. She just graduated from college.
see: the other million odd threads about police and/or law enforcement brutality where the victim is invariably written off s a thug. Sorry if too subtle.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
<staff edit>

As to the OP...

I have conflicting thoughts here. I have friends there on both sides of the coin and I'm getting conflicting reports from all of them. My LEO friends say it was the protestors own explosive device that went off and that they (LEO) haven't deployed anything explosive. My native friends say they are trying to remain peaceful but they realize some in the group aren't remaining peaceful. The tensions on both sides are extreme, and I'd like for our POTUS to step up and step in. He already halted construction once. It's time to do it again. I hate government intervention such as this, but at this point, I believe it's necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON
full

This thread is temporarily closed for cooldown/staff review.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0