Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
As if Roy Moore doesn't generate enough controversy, now we have a woman claiming he pursued her and had a sexual encounter with her when she was a teen. There are also three other women who are alleging that Moore pursued them sexually when they were under 18 years old. Moore, of course, denies the allegations and his campaign is calling it "a desperate political attack by the National Democrat Party and the Washington Post." It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Source: Washington Post

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As if Roy Moore doesn't generate enough controversy, now we have a woman claiming he pursued her and had a sexual encounter with her when she was a teen. There are also three other women who are alleging that Moore pursued them sexually when they were under 18 years old. Moore, of course, denies the allegations and his campaign is calling it "a desperate political attack by the National Democrat Party and the Washington Post." It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Source: Washington Post
Allegations happen all the time... they mean nothing. Trump was accused of hiring prostitutes to pee on a bed slept in by the Obama's... all lies but people believed it and spread it as truth. He deserves his time to prove himself... or be proven to be a predator.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,208,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Allegations happen all the time... they mean nothing. Trump was accused of hiring prostitutes to pee on a bed slept in by the Obama's... all lies but people believed it and spread it as truth. He deserves his time to prove himself... or be proven to be a predator.

Well, you're equating a basic allegation (that may be worth looking into) with an outlandish one and acting is if a) they're on equal footing, and b), that the outlandish one somehow proves that we should ignore the basic one.

The Trump story was an outlandish one that seemed to be fabricated in order to make him look like a grade-A deviant...

However, the allegation against Moore is one that is not outlandish. In fact, it's a type of crime that happens thousands of times per year. If teachers, clergy, and even family members of girls in their early teens can be guilty of that crime, why would we quickly dismiss the notion that Moore could possibly be guilty of it?

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,208,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, you're equating a basic allegation (that may be worth looking into) with an outlandish one and acting is if a) they're on equal footing, and b), that the outlandish one somehow proves that we should ignore the basic one.

The Trump story was an outlandish one that seemed to be fabricated in order to make him look like a grade-A deviant...

However, the allegation against Moore is one that is not outlandish. In fact, it's a type of crime that happens thousands of times per year. If teachers, clergy, and even family members of girls in their early teens can be guilty of that crime, why would we quickly dismiss the notion that Moore could possibly be guilty of it?
No, I am saying we have an allegation and a right both by the laws of this country AND by biblical protocol for the accused to be able to make a defense. Until guilt is pronounced, we can't pronounce guilt.

In Moore's case he might be guilty... I don't know and neither do you because you have NO FIRST HAND EVIDENCE which means you wouldn't be allowed to testify in any biblical proceeding on the case, anyway. Beyond that, he might not be guilty... he is running for a Senate seat and is HATED by a people known to pay others to make accusations. So, we wait.

• Winner
Reactions: Almost there
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,208,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't know and neither do you because you have NO FIRST HAND EVIDENCE

Agreed, but my main objection (if you recall) was that you were attempting to equate this allegation with the "Trump russian hooker pee" allegation...

Obviously we're in a innocent until proven guilty society...

But, there's a certain faction of partisans who like to take the "Innocent no matter what because their in my political party and anyone who speak ill of them is just a hater" ...that sort of attitude is just as dangerous

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Agreed, but my main objection (if you recall) was that you were attempting to equate this allegation with the "Trump russian hooker pee" allegation...

Obviously we're in a innocent until proven guilty society...

But, there's a certain faction of partisans who like to take the "Innocent no matter what because their in my political party and anyone who speak ill of them is just a hater" ...that sort of attitude is just as dangerous
I see you're an atheist and that is your call, but not only is our society an innocent until proven guilty society, so is the bible. I was speaking to those who believe God exists to not take this or any other allegation to a point where they might have defamed somebody and ended up being wrong. Then the sin, again if they were wrong, would be on Trump or Moore... it would be on the one who defamed the one who was innocent.

Peace.
Ken

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I read the article, and from what the women said, I believe them. But, back then, what he did was not called rape or even sexual misconduct.

FTA:
"The law then and now also includes a section on enticing a child younger than 16 to enter a home with the purpose of proposing sexual intercourse or fondling of sexual and genital parts. That is a felony punishable by up to 10 years in prison."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The more I read about this, the angrier I get. It's bad enough to assault a fourteen year old girl, who subsequently tried to kill herself because she felt like she had done something wrong.

Far worse is to cast yourself as a "Christian" "conservative" - a man who created an institution called 'The Moral Law' and claims to be a moral arbiter of everything good and decent - while doubling down on your campaign. The people who are voting for this man have been duped by an immoral con man.
Ringo

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Allegations can be false and they can be true, it all depends on the evidence. The alleagtions may also be true without hard evidence, because it is one persons word against anothers.

With that said, this guy should be disqualified for not following the constitution and ignoring a ruling from the supreme court.

Reactions: Rion
Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
A falsehood has zero effect on the truth value of an unrelated statement.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I see you're an atheist and that is your call, but not only is our society an innocent until proven guilty society, so is the bible. I was speaking to those who believe God exists to not take this or any other allegation to a point where they might have defamed somebody and ended up being wrong. Then the sin, again if they were wrong, would be on Trump or Moore... it would be on the one who defamed the one who was innocent.

Peace.
Ken
Funny how quick some are to assume the guilt of the accusers. Kinda belies the point being made and shows the true fruit of those defending a child molestor.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
On that note, AirPo:

Ed Henry on Moore accusations: I’m not buying it

For those keeping track at home, an Alabama state representative is calling for charges to be filed....against the accusers. Because if you don't speak out forty years after the fact, you're guilty for letting Moore go free, right? Obviously it's that simple, and there are definitely no mitigating factors or reasons for accusers not coming forward.

The sexual assault of minors is disgusting enough, but the utter lack of concern or compassion for the women victims of this is despicable. These people call themselves Christians, but it's like the Bible says: "not everyone who cries 'Lord, Lord' will be saved".
Ringo

• Agree
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,431,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"“If they believe this man is predatory, they are guilty of allowing him to exist for 40 years. I think someone should prosecute and go after them. You can’t be a victim 40 years later, in my opinion,”

Mr Henry's pathetic behavior is very reason women do keep quiet.

Upvote 0

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
It's interesting to see the various reactions to this, particularly from Republican politicians in Alabama. None of the Alabama Republican officeholders (that I've seen) have called on Moore to remove himself, and as shown above, several actually either blame the victim or try to justify his actions.

On the national level, most are at least sympathetic to the victim, even if they don't believe Moore should remove himself from the ballot -- instead they say the allegations should be "proven." Of course, no "proof" will eve be had in this type of case, particularly since no court case will even occur.

I did find the comment by Garrett Ventry on Twitter rather interesting, "We have lost our minds if there is no place for Jeff Flake in the GOP but there is for Roy Moore." It is also good, on a national level that some Republicans have called on Moore to quit the race.

Though it is ironic, that Pres. Trump -- with his history, particularly his comments about the Teen Miss USA pageant -- says that if the allegations are true that Moore should withdraw from the race. Apparently he holds others to a different standard than he holds himself.

Upvote 0