Woman Helped 100 Seniors Re-Home Their Pets Before Passing Away, Bringing ‘Peace of Mind’

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,674,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A 28-year-old who helps the elderly to re-home their pets before passing away has celebrated her 100th adoption.

Angela Rafuse was inspired to create her charity after her 85-year-old grandfather died, leaving his cat, Mackenzie, without a home.

None of Angela’s relatives had capacity to take on the responsibility, so she decided to take in the calico cat herself.

Continued below.

Reactions: Hank77

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,273,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
That’s awesome thanks for posting Michie!

It’s quite the conundrum. On one hand pets add so much to the happiness and well-being of a person’s life, especially to the elderly but on the other hand an elderly person will typically pass away before the pet which leaves the pet homeless. Good on Angela Rafuse for *refusing* ;) to allow those life and love giving animals to then later suffer in their subsequent life.

I myself only acquire rescue animals not wanting to encourage breeding animals for profit that just propitiates the euthanasia of homeless animals.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,674,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That’s awesome thanks for posting Michie!

It’s quite the conundrum. On one hand pets add so much to the happiness and well-being of a person’s life, especially to the elderly but on the other hand an elderly person will typically pass away before the pet which leaves the pet homeless. Good on Angela Rafuse for *refusing* ;) to allow those life and love giving animals to then later suffer in their subsequent life.

I myself only acquire rescue animals not wanting to encourage breeding animals for profit that just propitiates the euthanasia of homeless animals.
Amen to that. I rescue as well. We need more compassionate people to help!

• Agree
Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0