Woman engaged to be married...to a chandelier..."this is a natural orientation for me"

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟459,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The woman previously changed her last name to Liberty because she was seeing the statue of liberty in a love relationship. She has now decided to settle down and has become engaged to a chandelier.

Woman plans to marry 91-year-old chandelier

Some quotes:

“I know a lot of people think my attraction to chandeliers is strange, but I’m not crazy.”

People often can’t understand that this is just a natural orientation for me, that I can find the beauty in objects and can sense their energy,” she said. “I’m not hurting anyone by entering into a relationship with them, I am simply just following my heart.
Well, why not? We've decided all kinds of crazy things are to be accepted today. What's one more?

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟880,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have seen a documentary about that woman.. or maybe I'm thinking of someone else.. I believe she was engaged to the Eiffel Tower, lol..

Not sure how her attraction works, but I do have sympathy for those in the "fetish" community. Or whatever you want to call it.

I believe that is a different person, Erika Eiffel.

Erika Eiffel - Wikipedia

She does not endorse the documentary that was done, per her website.

Here she speaks of some of the press coverage:

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟880,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are most attracted to high profile objects? Do mundane items make the list?

A quote from the documentary "Married to the Eiffel Tower"

One of the most difficult parts of being in love with a public object is that he and I can never be truly intimate. Whereas objects I have loved in the past, that has never been an issue.

• Haha
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟880,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is equally erroneous to dismiss psychological possibilities or assign BDSM qualities en masse. The behaviors we’re discussing are on the fringe for mainstream and alternative communities. This isn’t the norm for either.

TheDenverChannel.com - News - Cadet Who Admitted To Assault Discharged Honorably

In the case of Eiffel, you may want to check out this article describing how she began needing the presence of an object near her to sleep following a sexual assault in which she used an object to partially thwart it.

"I really felt that the only way for me to sleep is if I was holding onto something, like my sword, because that was the one thing that protected me. And it just got worse," said Aya.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,167,100.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
@bèlla
@MehGuy

Some additional case studies:

12 Unusual Marriages Involving Non-Human Partners

Wow, a blast from the past.

Honestly this whole thread is a blur and I am too lazy to re-read.. so sorry if I repeat myself here..

I suspect object-sexuals are people born with an unusually high degree of emotional empathy and this emotional empathy is wired in a strange limiting manner. Consequently these people are also naturally high in spiritual feelings. They have a vivid imagination for anthropomorphism. I have read many object-sexuals have autism. A repetitious and rigid mind is probably fertile ground for intense spirituality and fetishism.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,167,100.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
TheDenverChannel.com - News - Cadet Who Admitted To Assault Discharged Honorably

In the case of Eiffel, you may want to check out this article describing how she began needing the presence of an object near her to sleep following a sexual assault in which she used an object to partially thwart it.

"I really felt that the only way for me to sleep is if I was holding onto something, like my sword, because that was the one thing that protected me. And it just got worse," said Aya.

The various reasons someone likes something can be complex and differ between individuals. I will just say from my opinion that while object-sexuality is nonsense in a philosophical sense I do not see it improbably that someone could be born with brain wiring that leads them to this sexual/romantic inclination. Really, they're probably just engaging in over glorified empathetic anthropomorphism.

There is a worry I feel towards these people, mainly the fact that they are probably capable of waking up and realizing there is no "spirit" within these objects. Unlike most other fetishes and kinks they are not reliant on supernatural ideas. This could lock some people out of the only expression of sexuality and romance their minds are capable of.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟880,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The various reasons someone likes something can be complex and differ between individuals. I will just say from my opinion that while object-sexuality is nonsense in a philosophical sense I do not see it improbably that someone could be born with brain wiring that leads them to this sexual/romantic inclination. Really, they're probably just engaging in over glorified empathetic anthropomorphism.

There is a worry I feel towards these people, mainly the fact that they are probably capable of waking up and realizing there is no "spirit" within these objects. Unlike most other fetishes and kinks they are not reliant on supernatural ideas. This could lock some people out of the only expression of sexuality and romance their minds are capable of.

In the documentary (I didn't watch the whole thing, but the first part seemed to be interviews of Eiffel) she indicated that she had relationships with men at times but that they were jealous of the objects around and she didn't have sex with any of the men.

Also, she indicated the Golden Gate bridge was a he, and the Eiffel tower a she, and her compound bow a he, but I couldn't tell you how she would know that.

Given that the sexual assault seemed to set off an aspect of her relationship to objects, however, it seems this may not be natural, but a response to trauma.

Now perhaps she speaks to that somewhere on her website, etc. I did not bring myself to look over most of it so far.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,167,100.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Given that the sexual assault seemed to set off an aspect of her relationship to objects, however, it seems this may not be natural, but a response to trauma.

I thought she claimed to be born this way? Sexual trauma may have exasperated it, but I do not see it necessarily taking away from it having a natural/biological source.

Now perhaps she speaks to that somewhere on her website, etc. I did not bring myself to look over most of it so far.

Honestly.. I'm a little worried about clicking on her website.. lol.

It is possible some people may not be born object-sexuals but became them because of psychological trauma. The same is reported in S&M circles. Sadly I've had to call off relationships with women when I realized they only have such feelings because of past abuse. Just as I am apt to believe someone when they say they are born this way, I am also apt to believe someone when they claim that it is caused by trauma. The neuro pathways are probably different.. but yeah.. you can have a whole host of people find endearment with a label for very different psychological reasons.

I just think it's harmful to a lot of fetish and kink people when it's just assumed they are this way because of psychological trauma. My own romantic inclinations are not due to psychological trauma and if they are my Christian upbringing would be the number one suspect. Which I originally thought the case until I adopted a biological view.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟880,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I thought she claimed to be born this way? Sexual trauma may have exasperated it, but I do not see it necessarily taking away from it having a natural/biological source.

Honestly.. I'm a little worried about clicking on her website.. lol.

It is possible some people may not be born object-sexuals but became them because of psychological trauma. The same is reported in S&M circles. Sadly I've had to call off relationships with women when I realized they only have such feelings because of past abuse. Just as I am apt to believe someone when they say they are born this way, I am also apt to believe someone when they claim that it is caused by trauma. The neuro pathways are probably different.. but yeah.. you can have a whole host of people find endearment with a label for very different psychological reasons.

I just think it's harmful to a lot of fetish and kink people when it's just assumed they are this way because of psychological trauma. My own romantic inclinations are not due to psychological trauma and if they are my Christian upbringing would be the number one suspect. Which I originally thought the case until I adopted a biological view.
We are speaking of two different people. The chandelier lady did claim to be born that way. The Eiffel tower lady, who was abused, I have not seen such a statement.

The closest I found so far is that she had a connection to the Berlin Wall before the incident, but was a bit unclear, only saying it was not political. She also related that the wall was connected to her in that they both were abused (since the wall was torn down).

I imagine that different people certainly could have different reasons, as you note.

The website gives some reading from other people as well, at least one of which indicated it was from birth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums