✟739,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Who else loves the Wolfenstein games?

I played the old ones and love them. The most recent one looked a bit lacking in the story department, and so I haven't and likely won't pick it up. Plus Blazkowicz wasn't in it so I'm good on that one.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,348.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I played the old ones and love them. The most recent one looked a bit lacking in the story department, and so I haven't and likely won't pick it up. Plus Blazkowicz wasn't in it so I'm good on that one.
I also find it hard to believe that they are his real daughters. BJ Blazkowicz is so manly that his real daughters would be built like wrestlers and need to shave with knives daily.

• Agree
Reactions: Phronema
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Phronema

Orthodox Christian
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2016
Florida Panhandle
✟739,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It was the predecessor to Doom, right?

Yes it was, and really the first modern FPS game. That said Doom, and Doom 2 were much more popular, and Doom 2 included 2 Wolfenstein levels as well though I can't recall if they were accessible without the cheat code code "idclev31" or "idclev32".

Crazy that I remember those codes after all these years haha.

Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yes it was, and really the first modern FPS game. That said Doom, and Doom 2 were much more popular, and Doom 2 included 2 Wolfenstein levels as well though I can't recall if they were accessible without the cheat code code "idclev31" or "idclev32".

Crazy that I remember those codes after all these years haha.
That is crazy, I know I used the cheat codes sometimes, but I definitely don't remember them.

Commander Keen was by the same folks, I think?

Upvote 0

Phronema

Orthodox Christian
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2016
Florida Panhandle
✟739,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
That is crazy, I know I used the cheat codes sometimes, but I definitely don't remember them.

Commander Keen was by the same folks, I think?

I think Doom was made by ID, and Commander Keen was made by Apogee. That's another one I haven't heard of in a long time.

Edit : @archer75 They were both developed by ID Software and Commander Keen was published by Apogee (which later became 3d Realms), and Doom was published by GT Interactive.

Wolfenstein was similar to Keen. Same devs and publisher.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0

JohnClay

Married Mouth-Breather
Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2006
Australia
Visit site
✟447,219.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I liked the first game (Wolf3D) and the 2009 version was ok.

I made a Lego version of Wolf3D.... partly because the maps and characters are easy to recreate....
I liked the Lego version I made a lot more than the original due to mouse look, new levels, better gore, better sound and music, etc.
http://drdanick.com/legowolf3d
LegoWolf3Dmain.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
They're alright.. I do enjoy the Nazi Chic stuff. New Order is probably my favorite.. although I've played some of the first one (3D one), and enjoyed it much more than I thought I would.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,348.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
They're alright.. I do enjoy the Nazi Chic stuff. New Order is probably my favorite.. although I've played some of the first one (3D one), and enjoyed it much more than I thought I would.
The Easter Egg where you get to play a level of the original was one of the better moments in New Order.

Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Easter Egg where you get to play a level of the original was one of the better moments in New Order.

Yeah, I like in The New Colossus that they actually have an arcade cabinet in their hideout which you can play the original FPS Wolfenstein game. BJ Blazkowicz is like.. "wow.. look at these graphics... they're incredible!"

Reactions: Phronema
Upvote 0

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I loved the original Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny despite them being radically simple games that didn't offer much in the way of challenge for the enemy encounters. Most of the challenge of the game is navigating your way through the levels and figuring out where you're supposed to go, along with finding the secrets.

Upvote 0

Phronema

Orthodox Christian
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2016
Florida Panhandle
✟739,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I loved the original Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny despite them being radically simple games that didn't offer much in the way of challenge for the enemy encounters. Most of the challenge of the game is navigating your way through the levels and figuring out where you're supposed to go, along with finding the secrets.

You should check out GZDoom if you like the originals.

Reactions: BrAndreyu
Upvote 0