Toronto
✟8,646.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Any tips for approaching spreading the good news to Jewish people?

Can anyone share any resources with me geared towards Christian apologetics for the Jewish people? I have a lot of Jewish people in my family, grew up more Jewish myself, but it seems like a touchy subject for a lot of Jewish people I've encountered.

Cheers.

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Any tips for approaching spreading the good news to Jewish people?

Can anyone share any resources with me geared towards Christian apologetics for the Jewish people? I have a lot of Jewish people in my family, grew up more Jewish myself, but it seems like a touchy subject for a lot of Jewish people I've encountered.

Cheers.
Frankly if you read the testimonies of Jewish people coming to Christ they were encouraged by Evangelists to 'just read their own Holy Scriptures' with an open mind. Many have not. Maybe gift some Hebrew Bibles (for us the OT for them TaNaKh) and say 'have at it' and re-engage while they are reading or finished. Perhaps highlight in discussion the various covenants (especially with Abraham) and the prophetic Messianic passages (especially Isaiah 53).

So I would have to say to gauge this right you would have to find out how 'religious' they are in the Jewish faith and how well read they are in their Hebrew Scriptures.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

TuxAme

Quis ut Deus?
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2017
Ohio
✟191,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Witnessing to any particular group requires that you modify your approach. A Catholic witnessing to a protestant might appeal to Scripture, since it's what we have in common. Witnessing to an atheist means that you must appeal to the natural and social sciences, in addition to philosophy, since they have not yet been convinced. When witnessing to a Jew, you should appeal to the Tanakh as well as the early rabbinical commentaries. Discussions about the New Covenant really shouldn't begin until both parties have had a shared study of the Old Covenant. Then you can explore the Messianic prophecies and how they've been fulfilled in Christ.

Upvote 0

danny ski

Jan 13, 2013
✟34,912.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
What do you mean?
It's genocide. A Jew who steps outside of Judaism is no longer a part of the community. We exist as a people. The person technically remains a Jew, but what happens to his family, the children? Historically, the voluntary and the involuntary assimilation has always been the greatest threat to us.

Upvote 0

Dansiph

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's genocide. A Jew who steps outside of Judaism is no longer a part of the community. We exist as a people. The person technically remains a Jew, but what happens to his family, the children? Historically, the voluntary and the involuntary assimilation has always been the greatest threat to us.
I understand what you meant now. For me the only consequence is eternal life

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

YeshuaHamasiachLoves

Dec 30, 2018
Toronto
✟8,646.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Frankly if you read the testimonies of Jewish people coming to Christ they were encouraged by Evangelists to 'just read their own Holy Scriptures' with an open mind. Many have not. Maybe gift some Hebrew Bibles (for us the OT for them TaNaKh) and say 'have at it' and re-engage while they are reading or finished. Perhaps highlight in discussion the various covenants (especially with Abraham) and the prophetic Messianic passages (especially Isaiah 53).

So I would have to say to gauge this right you would have to find out how 'religious' they are in the Jewish faith and how well read they are in their Hebrew Scriptures.

Hope this helps.
Thank you Redleghunter! Glad I've finally made the connection that the Tanakh is the OT. HNY.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,861.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON

NOTICE: This thread has been moved to a different forum after staff reached consensus that the original forum was not appropriate. Please note that the SOP may be different from the initial forum.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

Yusuphhai

Messianic Arabic-Semitic Chinese
Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟170,860.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
When I take part in a Jewish synagogue, I would never talk about Christianity or Messianic Judaism. That is forbidden. But Noahides(son of Noah) doctrine, which is a simplified Judaism for Gentiles, could be discussed. We have the same basic opinion that the 7 principles to Noah are for all mankind. I have thought I could love Jewish as Apostle Paul (Saul), but I find my love is too limited.

Love Jewish, as international righteousness Schindler or Feng-shan He, but don’t need Jewish to pay back or thank, for the whole world owes Jewish.

Upvote 0