With 3 other Catholic forums for specific purposes, what is OBOB's purpose now?

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟442,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
The Charismatic Catholic forum.
didnt know that still existed either.
just found out the liberal one was still going.

okie dokie.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
OBOB main page; where the non-lunatic-fringe go to speak their mind in metered tone and with sincere self-reflection.

OBOB can be the forum that Catholics can post in when they want to be called lunatics with no self-reflection

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
OBOB main page; where the non-lunatic-fringe go to speak their mind in metered tone and with sincere self-reflection.

That's a rather harsh thing to imply about the posters on The Lord's Table and the posters in the political section.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,092,169.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
So the other categories are The Lord's Table, TLM, and others?

How about OBOB, headquarters of the "universal" Church, where people as diverse as liberal Catholics and traditional Latin Mass attendees can rejoice in the existence of a Church that is big enough to accommodate all nations and cultures and many different points of view?

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟442,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
See where labels get us?
Squeezed???

images

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Dunno. Liberal secularists passing themselves off as actual Christians have ruined the entire forum, and CF is allowing it nonchalantly. Pretty soon it will be one subforum for all Christians and 40 subforums for atheists, humanists, and Muslims.

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
I plan on posting in all of the Catholic forums :)

I post in The Lords Table sometimes, and people are always very nice and there is thought provoking conversation
I have good conversations on a subforum for LGBT on a gaming forum. Don't really care how nice they are. Nice in secular views is hell bound.

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
So the other categories are The Lord's Table, TLM, and others?

How about OBOB, headquarters of the "universal" Church, where people as diverse as liberal Catholics and traditional Latin Mass attendees can rejoice in the existence of a Church that is big enough to accommodate all nations and cultures and many different points of view?

Thank you Fantine.
This post is excellent ;)

Upvote 0

mea kulpa

Benedictine Traditional Catholic
Feb 9, 2016
united kingdom
✟39,142.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I plan on posting in the trad forum and obob. I dont think tlt would appreciate me there and i really dont want to disrupt that group... but i still want to converse with liberal catholics because they really do have a wonderful love of the gospel message and i still feel i can learn from them. Traditionalists get labled as too concerned with the letter of the law and not the compassion love and mercy of the Gospel which is not entirely true. Rather they see the problems in society and the rejection of the church is based on the disrespect of the law rather than supposed "hatred of bigoted catholics"

We see it as a lack of understanding not a lack of love... we also feel that less emphesis on the law within the church is further undermining the respect for the law

Regardless the liberal focus on love compassion and mercy is an area that i want to discuss and because i wont be infringing on the liberals in TLT i hope to meet them on common ground in OBOB

Upvote 0