✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No
But consider two people in the present day. One get's two sets of teeth which cannot be replaced and some wisdom teeth that will cause problems in the majority of people and have to be removed. The other person has the ability to maintain a full mouth of teeth and no problems with wisdom teeth. Obviously the second person has an advantage over the first and so should be favoured over the first.
No, you mistake actual evolution with delirious, doubting, Darwinism.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Can you explain?
I can try. real adapting deals with the need at hand. For example, if the earth was swampy, we might see some creatures adapt to both water and land, to get around. If the universe state got changed, and we dun found ourselves in, say, an ice age, why some elephants in the cool areas might grow fur, or some such. If plants grew slower, why, we might take to eating animals, or some such. So, true evolution involved adapting to a worsening planet, and conditions, not some imagined long term la de da improvement of the species.

Upvote 0

Naraoia

Apprentice Biologist
Sep 30, 2007
On edge
Visit site
✟15,998.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I can try. real adapting deals with the need at hand. For example, if the earth was swampy, we might see some creatures adapt to both water and land, to get around. If the universe state got changed, and we dun found ourselves in, say, an ice age, why some elephants in the cool areas might grow fur, or some such. If plants grew slower, why, we might take to eating animals, or some such. So, true evolution involved adapting to a worsening planet, and conditions, not some imagined long term la de da improvement of the species.
Well done, you've just described how evolution works.

Darwinian evolution is NOT a "long term la de da improvement of the species". It is adaptation to the local environment. And enough minor adjustment ends up adding up to a major change.

Upvote 0

RichardT

Contributor
Sep 17, 2005
Toronto Ontario
✟23,099.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
There's no such thing as "evolving perfectly". The author demonstrates his lack of understanding of evolutionary theory by suggesting an evolutionary "end-point" or goal. No such concept exists in proper evolutionary theory.

I know, and he knows. What he was probably referring to was "perfectly for it's environment". Unless there is any confusion, I don't mean this to be an "end-point" or goal but this is simply the work of natural selection.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_selection

Orthodontistry gives him questionable at best qualifications to be making claims on anything to do with evolutionary theory. That aside, there are no citations. Even if he's quoting himself, he needs to provide some journal articles, always from a peer-reviewed source, to back up his work. Either that, or it should be said up front that this is conjecture and not a finished piece of work. Otherwise, the "vast amount of research" he has done means squat.
I don't see why the claim couldn't be the case.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/...ez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

Not being a biologist I'll leave this to the experts. It may turn out that he's infact correct, but it's also irrelevant. Again, though, there is a complete lack of citation.
I've met some Theistic Evolution Christians who concede that the wisdom teeth doesn't support the theory of evolution.

There are so many things wrong with this I don't even know where to start.

1. The "researcher" went grave digging.
2. There are NO citations. What reason do I have to believe any of this is true?
3. The basis of this entire article rests on ONE childs remains?
It's research. The conclusion is based on evidence. It wasn't one child but many from a graveyard from the 1600-1700s.

Citation please. At this point, either AiG is making this up, or it's plagiarizing. In good scientific journals, even quoting oneself is plagiarism if you don't cite yourself.

So, choose, RichardT. Is AiG liars or plagiarists?
The site I linked to of AiG is not even really an article and is directed toward laymen. This one is a bit more detailed.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/tj/v12/i3/wisdomteeth.asp

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat

Darwinian evolution is NOT a "long term la de da improvement of the species". It is adaptation to the local environment. And enough minor adjustment ends up adding up to a major change.

Figures the one time dad gets something right, it'd be by accident.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Well, the reason that the migrating critter from Eden adapted, was not because it was some master race, or extra clever, or had parents of special genes.
"Natural selection works by giving individuals who are better adapted to a given set of environmental conditions an advantage over those that are not as well adapted."
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/library/faq/cat01.html

The critter was not better adapted, it was simply equipped with the created ability to evolve as needed. The adapting came after that, according to the need. And there was no longterm anything in there. That is anything but Darwinism. And, although what is called evolution today likes to tuck in it's fangs, and put on a hood, to fool the little red riding hoods of the schools systems, and divorce itself from Pondslimeism, that as I see it will always remain the black heart of evil Darwinism.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Figures the one time dad gets something right, it'd be by accident.
It's a statitical inevitability.

My high school physics teacher had a standing challange. If you could get every answer wrong, you'd get a 100 on the test.

Upvote 0

Morcova

Oct 30, 2006
✟10,470.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's a statitical inevitability.

My high school physics teacher had a standing challange. If you could get every answer wrong, you'd get a 100 on the test.

LOL

How did he tell the "real" wrong answers from the ones people just put down so they didn't have to study?

Upvote 0

Naraoia

Apprentice Biologist
Sep 30, 2007
On edge
Visit site
✟15,998.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Well, the reason that the migrating critter from Eden adapted, was not because it was some master race, or extra clever, or had parents of special genes.
"Natural selection works by giving individuals who are better adapted to a given set of environmental conditions an advantage over those that are not as well adapted."
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/library/faq/cat01.html

The critter was not better adapted, it was simply equipped with the created ability to evolve as needed. The adapting came after that, according to the need.
How is this different from Darwinian evolution? Organisms have the ability to evolve (mutation) and as a result populations adapt according to the need.
And there was no longterm anything in there. That is anything but Darwinism. And, although what is called evolution today likes to tuck in it's fangs, and put on a hood, to fool the little red riding hoods of the schools systems, and divorce itself from Pondslimeism, that as I see it will always remain the black heart of evil Darwinism.
Lovely fable. Could you translate it into English?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
T

tanzanos

My wife does not have any wisdom teeth. My son only has one. I have all four albeit had to remove two of them. Thus my wife is one step ahead of me in the evolutionary ladder.

Now That's evolution! We keep this up and in the future humans will genetically be rid of this nuisance called widom teeth.

Hey creationists: God designed us? He gave us 4 useless and prone to decay wisdom teeth. He gave us a spine shaped like an 'S' which is the worst shape for carrying vertical loads. In fact it is the best shape for tree dwelling apes and not bipedals like us. And you have the Gall to say that an almighty supreme being designed us? Well if you are right then God is a lousy and an incompetent designer!:doh:

Upvote 0

Frumious Bandersnatch

Contributor
Mar 4, 2003
Visit site
✟23,431.00
Faith
Unitarian
My wife does not have any wisdom teeth. My son only has one. I have all four albeit had to remove two of them. Thus my wife is one step ahead of me in the evolutionary ladder.

Now That's evolution! We keep this up and in the future humans will genetically be rid of this nuisance called widom teeth.

Hey creationists: God designed us? He gave us 4 useless and prone to decay wisdom teeth. He gave us a spine shaped like an 'S' which is the worst shape for carrying vertical loads. In fact it is the best shape for tree dwelling apes and not bipedals like us. And you have the Gall to say that an almighty supreme being designed us? Well if you are right then God is a lousy and an incompetent designer!:doh:
Or perhaps, since God supposedly designed us in His image, He also has a lousy spine and Wisdom teeth that He had to have pulled long ago.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How is this different from Darwinian evolution? Organisms have the ability to evolve (mutation) and as a result populations adapt according to the need. Lovely fable. Could you translate it into English?
Animals could likely adapt very quickly to the need at hand in the different past. A Darwinian animal, in the Darwinian dream, coming upon a vast swampy area, would have to go back where it came, or stay put. Either that, or camp out for, say, 10 million years, having babies that slowly got the idea in their head they ought to adapt so they could swim as well as walk on land!
The Eden migrating creature, simply looks at the obstacle, and things start to happen fast. next thing you know, it is swimming away, happy as a lark. Possibly the very creature that saw the need, rather than some Darwinian decent dream, that began in some magic pond, where God was no where to be found by the average eye.
A pond that was millions of times bigger than they claim the whole universe was some imaginary time before that!!

I find it almost incomprehensible, and tragic that some actually believe all that genuine nonsense.

Upvote 0

Morcova

Oct 30, 2006
✟10,470.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian

Haha! I'm willing to bet that if you ask her she'd be happy to tell you that she's more evolved than you are!
^_^

Upvote 0