dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't understand the parades either, but folks are free to celebrate in such ways concerning such things as a kind of "diversity".

I suppose they are free to 'celebrate' whatever it is they are celebrating. Most people knew what civil-rights for coloured minorities demonstrations were about, but how many know or care what gay pride is about? What is it about? other than what Chadwick Moore said. They are free yes (within the laws of each jurisdiction) but they are not free from the consequences if they use those parades for the display of lewdness in public, or to outrage public decency (and some certainly do that) any more than an old flasher in a long grey coat would be free. Equality also intails the same rule of law for all (within that jurisdiction). And everyone else is free to feel disgust and revulsion if they find their sensibilities offended by what they witness.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I think they are being used as a sort of brown shirt (useful idot) type of thing only to be thrown under the bus in the end. Like this sort of thing is being pushed elsewhere (even the whole flag propagandizing thing)

Kind of like the stock troops of the New Left? I cannot see that there is anything particularly about the Left that would incline them to support the outraging public decency, or moral degeneracy. Or for that matter anything about Liberals, or Libertarians. No those groups and there genuine values and good will are being used and abused. Pray for them to wake up.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The irony is all this special pleading etc. combined with attempts of some within Gay Pride to outrage public decency and re-invent the Stonewall legend, does absolutely nothing to further LGB rights. If things are going backwards for them, its the fault of the extremists, and fantasists amongst them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What this discussion amounts to is: the majority no longer agrees with it. We're upset. For 2000 years we've made homosexuality illegal, prosecuted gays and treated them badly. During the time there have been plenty of public demonstrations of support for traditional values. Now things have changed. There will be public signs of it. I understand that you're upset. I'm not. There's not a lot else that can be said.

Ok Hedrick you're not upset.

Things like the sexualisation and public exploitation of children as young as twelve - one of whom because he knew no better performed half naked, making sexualised dance moves in the middle of a gay pride event, upset most people whether gay or straight. Maybe you were blissfully ignorant, though the incident drew widespread disapprobation when shared online. The video is still online, though I believe Youtube removed it.

As for me I think i would be less than human if I did not feel upset and even angry at the criminal exploitation of children whether by gays or straights (the only difference is the gays do this in public to advance their shameless quest for power, not rights).

There is plenty that other people can say, even if you can't.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well that “legend” about that certain club got that certain club formally landmarked as an historic building . It wasn’t a legend and of course it hit the papers when it happened (which I remember) as I live in NYC. They got tired of being harassed for simply existing.

Back to reality.. the police raided a mafia establishment.

The reality is that its now an abandoned nail salon, and not landmarked at all. And the legend has certainly had numerous revisions, each further and further from the facts.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yep from my point of view I’m looking a SSDD. Polite version Same Stuff , Different Day. I remember hearing those same stupid arguments from them segregatin’ Southerners during the civil rights battles of the 50s and 60s . Though to be honest I only remember the 60s ;) . Same thing with the women’s rights battles of the late 60s and early 70s .

It's the same old song and dance in America with certain groups of people being dehumanized and marginalized because they aren't white and/or a Christian or a WASP male. It was once women and minorities and today it's LGBT and undocumented immigrants from Mexico or some other non-white immigrants. As I said earlier in this thread, it's really no wonder that so many civil rights groups and social justice groups still exist in America, despite the fact that this country was supposedly founded upon freedom, liberty and justice for all, as well as supposedly founded upon Christian principles.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
there are people who loudly thump the bible and fervently declare that women shouldn’t have the right to vote. There are people who bible thump and declare quite loudly that the earth is flat and or is stationary with the sun going around it . Ditto for people who think that dark skinned people should be slaves and servants.

There may be things in the bible that people misinterpret or was simply recorded there as a historical fact without endorsing it. But some things are quite clear and instructional.

Why do you think that just because ignorant nonsense is in the bible that we should take it seriously ?

Would you care to quote some passages in the bible that you consider to be "ignorant nonsense"? Then we can address them.

I honestly think that is not an excuse to over control, harass or condemn anyone. If behavior is harmful,I’m fine with telling them the behavior harms them or someone else . But basing prohibitions on Bronze Age cultural ideas, especially since that culture hasn’t existed for 2000 years , I’m not much in favor of. I’m quite sure you can see why

If a behavior is harmful to them or someone else, it really doesn't matter whether it was realized during the Bronze Age or sometime more recently. It's still harmful and shouldn't be endorsed.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Back to reality.. the police raided a mafia establishment.

The reality is that its now an abandoned nail salon, and not landmarked at all. And the legend has certainly had numerous revisions, each further and further from the facts.
811DADFC-E9C7-4090-A8C2-717ED82F33A6.jpeg

It’s landmarked as I’ve stated. I do live here in the city. That’s a photo of the Wikipedia article by the way

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Yep from my point of view I’m looking a SSDD. Polite version Same Stuff , Different Day. I remember hearing those same stupid arguments from them segregatin’ Southerners during the civil rights battles of the 50s and 60s . Though to be honest I only remember the 60s ;) . Same thing with the women’s rights battles of the late 60s and early 70s . Hearing this nonsense again doesn’t impress me, it just makes me think people who espouse those things are unthinking hateful bigots .
So reference it already.

Upvote 0

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It’s landmarked as I’ve stated. I do live here in the city. That’s a photo of the Wikipedia article by the way

That is not the original Stonewall Bar, the building beside it was. I don't know what that building was back in the day, but it was not Stonewall.

Maybe some argue where it was doesn't matter!! Which would be a bit like those who say the facts of what actually happened, the reason for the raid etc. don't actually matter, and all that matters, is what you're told happened, because whatever happened it doesn't matter, because they don't give a toss about what really happened, as none of that serves their purposes - which to put it simply: is to make everyone feel guilty as hell about stuff that happened for various reasons, before they were even born, and in another state, or country, or on another continent!!

Guess what - sometimes stuff happens.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
That is not the original Stonewall Bar, the building beside it was. I don't know what that building was back in the day, but it was not Stonewall.

Maybe some argue where it was doesn't matter!! Which would be a bit like those who say the facts of what actually happened, the reason for the raid etc. don't actually matter, and all that matters, is what you're told happened, because whatever happened it doesn't matter, because they don't give a toss about what really happened, as none of that serves their purposes - which to put it simply: is to make everyone feel guilty as hell about stuff that happened for various reasons, before they were even born, and in another state, or country, or on another continent!!

Guess what - sometimes stuff happens.
First, according to the Wikipedia article, the original Stonewall Inn was later divided into two parts. Both parts are the historical landmark. But only half of it is operated today as a bar, called Stonewall Inn. (One hopes it's a lot cleaner than the original.) The internal furnishings didn't survive.

Second, the purpose isn't to make anyone feel guilty, but to commemorate a key event in the gay rights movement.

Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As a display of favoring certain special interest groups that favor the democrat party, the democrat governor flies the LGBTQ flag right underneath the Wisconsin and American flags over the state capitol building. Would it be tolerated if a Christian flag, or an NRA flag, or a pro-life group flag was flown over the capitol by a conservative governor?

Rainbow pride flag flies over state Capitol for 1st time in Wisconsin history

Sen. David Craig, R-Big Bend, called Evers’ action “a statement to advance a cause.”

“The only cause that the Capitol flags should represent is fifty states united in one republic,” Craig wrote on Twitter.

Maybe they should move the "Straight Pride Parade" scheduled to be held in Boston to Madison :idea:

Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
First, according to the Wikipedia article, the original Stonewall Inn was later divided into two parts. Both parts are the historical landmark. But only half of it is operated today as a bar, called Stonewall Inn. (One hopes it's a lot cleaner than the original.) The internal furnishings didn't survive.

Second, the purpose isn't to make anyone feel guilty, but to commemorate a key event in the gay rights movement.

If you believe that they'll tell you another.

Its an excuse to party for most, and for some to say "screw the police" and for others to outrage public decency.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Jesus solemly warned: "If you cause any of these little ones who believe in me to stumble..." Maybe you know the rest?

I don't apologise for posting the following picture from the internet (I'll take it down if asked), which shows a boy of perhaps 8 or 9 years of age clearly distressed by what he has to witness at a Gay-Pride event, and without much choice about being there. He must surely be just longing to be out of the situation, but can't obviously because foolish adults brought him. The man in the foreground obviously would be breaking the law in any other context, and arrested and probably put on a sex offenders register. Here he didn't even make an effort to avoid exposing himself in the child's face.

Now I hope God would have mercy on the man exposing himself in a young childs face, and bring him to his senses, and heal the distress and wash the image from the child's mind. But in no other context would this be tolerated, and that says a lot about Gay Pride events.

Not just the naked guy, but I have to wonder who in their right mind would bring their child to an event like this. The guy behind the kid who looks like he's holding the kid's hand obviously just walked past the naked guy and there's no way he didn't notice. Doesn't seem to care though. But hey, we have to just let them "be who they are". We're bigoted or homophobic if we do otherwise.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus solemly warned: "If you cause any of these little ones who believe in me to stumble..." Maybe you know the rest?

I don't apologise for posting the following picture from the internet (I'll take it down if asked), which shows a boy of perhaps 8 or 9 years of age clearly distressed by what he has to witness at a Gay-Pride event, and without much choice about being there. He must surely be just longing to be out of the situation, but can't obviously because foolish adults brought him. The man in the foreground obviously would be breaking the law in any other context, and arrested and probably put on a sex offenders register. Here he didn't even make an effort to avoid exposing himself in the child's face.

Now I hope God would have mercy on the man exposing himself in a young childs face, and bring him to his senses, and heal the distress and wash the image from the child's mind. But in no other context would this be tolerated, and that says a lot about Gay Pride events.
Do you know what this photo was from? I did a Google reverse search. There are lots of copies in lots of contexts, but I'm fairly sure it was from the Bay to Breakers race, not a Gay Pride event. There are a couple of places that identify it. Here's the most explicit: Scarred for life? : funny

Please be careful about this unless you're clear on the source. I saw a site that examined a number of supposed photos from conservative sources about a Paris Gay Pride event that weren't.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Do you know what this photo was from? I did a Google reverse search. There are lots of copies in lots of contexts, but I'm fairly sure it was from the Bay to Breakers race, not a Gay Pride event. There are a couple of places that identify it. Here's the most explicit: Scarred for life? : funny

Please be careful about this unless you're clear on the source. I saw a site that examined a number of supposed photos from conservative sources about a Paris Gay Pride event that weren't.

If they're racing, they don't appear to be in a hurry to get to the finish line. Maybe these were spectators. Still doesn't seem to be a good place to bring your kids to.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
If they're racing, they don't appear to be in a hurry to get to the finish line. Maybe these were spectators. Still doesn't seem to be a good place to bring your kids to.
Could be before or after. The Wikipedia article says many of the people in costume walk the route after the runners. There are also events associated with the race.

It depends upon your attitude towards nudity. (I'm actually kind of prude myself.) It's hard to know why the kid was crying. He might have just been cranky after a long day. Wikipedia says that they changed the rules in 2009 to get rid of "floats, alcohol, drunkenness and nudity."

Incidentally, there are reports of some gay pride events having nudity. Skimpy costumes seem more common. Depends upon the venue. My community didn't have one as far as I can tell, but the one my church is located in had a Gay Pride Shabbat at the local Jewish temple. I'd bet there was no nudity there ...

Upvote 0