✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
69and depot.jpg

This was taken in the garden a few years back when it really snowed! I had to lay down in the snow to get the picture... great fun.
Built by my husband, South Park and Pacific Rail Road Mogul 69.
The building behind was built from Styrene sheet, and is a section house, the place where the staff sleep.

Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
View attachment 215878

This was taken in the garden a few years back when it really snowed! I had to lay down in the snow to get the picture... great fun.
Built by my husband, South Park and Pacific Rail Road Mogul 69.
That's really cool! Is your husband into trains?

I work as a train conductor. These photos are taken from the train, just thought it would be fun to post them. But they are old, because we haven't had any snow for weeks. :( And they aren't good, sorry. :)
IMG_20170414_081408.jpg
IMG_20171120_081952.jpg

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Great Photos!

our photo is from our garden railway, here is one from the Spring,

View attachment 215881
Oh wow, that's really cool! :) I've never seen a model train in a garden like that before, only inside a house. You must have had a lot of snow taking that first photo.

What is that thing built on? Cement?

This is what our railway looks like in spring. :)
IMG_20170513_094716.jpg

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Oh wow, that's really cool! :) I've never seen a model train in a garden like that before, only inside a house. You must have had a lot of snow taking that first photo.

What is that thing built on? Cement?

This is what our railway looks like in spring. :)
View attachment 215892
It is built on low walls, either brick or in some places breeze blokes. Then the trestle in the photo...part of our old greenhouse...sits on gravel.
You have a great job as a train conductor. We both love trains, especially the historic steam trains. The ones in the garden are based on Colorado 1890's. We went to Colorado many years ago and fell in love with that beautiful country. So many Christians everywhere, in the shops etc and quite sharing the Lord.

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
It is built on low walls, either brick or in some places breeze blokes. Then the trestle in the photo...part of our old greenhouse...sits on gravel.
You have a great job as a train conductor. We both love trains, especially the historic steam trains. The ones in the garden are based on Colorado 1890's. We went to Colorado many years ago and fell in love with that beautiful country. So many Christians everywhere, in the shops etc and quite sharing the Lord.
That sounds wonderful. :) I wish I could live in a Christian country like that. I would love to just get to visit America, and I think I will plan on going there next year for my summer vacation.

It's really cool that you have built that railway. Did it take long to make?

I love my job, and we probably have the best tracks in all of Sweden too. It's wonderful, lovely nature. Fields, lakes and forests. Deer, elks, wild boars and other animals are all over the area. Some days, after taking care of the passengers, all I do is sit and stare out the window.
IMG_20170615_153106.jpg
IMG_20170514_204304.jpg
IMG_20170804_064315.jpg
IMG_20171021_130230_1.jpg

I bet there are lots of wonderful tracks in UK as well. I have travelled a little bit in the UK, but I don't remember much from it.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
such wonderful scenery, what a wonderful job to have!

The garden railway has grown over a number of years, we did it originally for the grandchildren, but adults seem to get lots of fun out of it too.

Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
such wonderful scenery, what a wonderful job to have!

The garden railway has grown over a number of years, we did it originally for the grandchildren, but adults seem to get lots of fun out of it too.
I think it looks like a lot of fun. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Our county council have changed their decision not to allow the accomodation of homeless in our city. They have given permission for the City Mission to use their premises for such. 'Good will and peace to all men'

Upvote 0