MO.
✟250,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
To know and to possess the truths of all that salvation presently provides is not necessarily to walk in them (except for redemption which all believers walk in). For example, if we are not completely convinced of being guilt-free of the sin nature we will not conscientiously walk in it, thus not enjoying the freedom of mind concerning it. The objective of possession is in appropriation (walk in). First, we “live in the Spirit” (and are completely holy and sanctified), then we progressively learn to “walk in the Spirit” (manifesting it all - Gal 5:25).
NC

Winsome Servant

It is deeply interesting to see how Timothy was fitted to be a servant. It is a great blessing that everyone is prepared inside with the Lord in order to serve outside among men. The Lord knows all that is before His servant, and as he is with Him He prepares him for the work—“no man goeth to war at his own charges.”

You get this principle in Psalm 23; you are made to lie sown in green pastures before you are led in the paths of righteousness. Stephen realizes his own portion first, showing that the Lord prepared His servant for His work. The work of Christ has secured this new place for him, and he must set forth the new center, the new testimony of a Man at the right hand of God, who was there because He was rejected here. Now Stephen’s testimony was that the Son of Man was in heaven.

The witness has to confront everything which opposed our Lord down here, but it is in His strength, and therefore as triumphant as Stephen was. The Man in heaven is now the center of all the Father’s ways. I long to see a more engrossed enjoyment of Him in His own place in Glory.

How Rebekah bore up on that long journey because of the object before her heart! The journey is long in order to exercise our hearts (Rom 5:3). It might often have occurred to her: “Have I done right to leave all for Isaac?” If the heart is set on seeking Him, how His presence must be desired now!

This we may enjoy privately or collectively. Oh, how little we conscientiously enter into our union with Him, though we are united to Him by the Spirit.

You will not be fit for service until you are clear with the Father. What proved that Job was clear with Him? When he prayed for his friends. When freed as to himself he can properly intercede for others. But must not I not think of my poor soul? By all means! Do not think of anything but your poor soul until your poor soul is settled before the Father. But when it is finally settled, think upon Him who settled it (Col 3:1, 2). And who settled for it? The Lord Jesus Christ who is your life (Col3:4). Now think of Him (2Cor 3:18).

The servant must attract others to the Lord Jesus Christ by making known His love to them. The servant must know it himself first; love must be felt, not just seen, and the more the servant attracts others to the Savior, the more he leads them on to union with Him, and this is the great purpose of the Father for every believer now. The servant must come from the Lord, thus he brings others something from the Lord Jesus Himself.

- J B Stoney

Excerpt from MJS devotional for Jan. 11:

“You are one of God’s rough diamonds, and He is going to have to cut you so that you may really shine for Him. It takes a diamond to cut a diamond. You are to be ground and cut, and hurt by other diamonds, by other Christians, by spiritual Christians. But the more cutting and the more perfecting, the more you are going to shine for your Lord.” -G.M.
http://www.abideabove.com/hungry-heart/

WordSword

Sep 8, 2017
MO.
✟250,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
What also is true is that if you don't obey the Lord's commandments, you can't understand their purpose. I fear too many biblical scholars know all the commandments but don't obey them.
Hi DN - Appreciate your input! As we know, those who do not love the Lord Jesus will not obey Him. It's my opinion that these are those who are not the Father's because He ensures we have the desire and ability (Phil 2:13) to obey Him.

Blessings!

Reactions: dreadnought
Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Understand the BENEFITS of SALVATION EVENT + the SANCTIFICATION PROCESS:

POSITION versus PRACTICE
...How God views us VS. Christian Living

I was saved from the PRISON (of SIN) in the PAST....simple "saving faith"...Ephesians 2:8, verses below

The blessings / results / benefits of salvation:

1. Substitution: "in the place of"
2. Redemption: " pay ransom, remove, and release "= ~= atonement
3. Reconciliation: "alienation / separation ends" = ~= atonement
4. Propititation: "satisfaction with action" ~= atonement
5. Sin Nature Judged: "good overcomes bad"...spiritual nature changed
6. Justification: "view: Just-if-I..never sinned " ...a defense raised by the Advocate
7. Sanctification: "changed" / "born again" / "set aside"
8. Sonship "adoption" into God's Family

I am being saved from the POWER (of SIN) in the PRESENT
....influence of the indwelling Holy Spirit in our daily "battles" against the foes.
Sanctification (being set apart) is Progressive:
"Good Works" guided by Holy Spirit to the eventual Judgement of Believer's Works.
A saved BELIEVER receives "continued grace" by the guidance of the indwelling Holy Spirit
which "gift of LOVE" he can return by "walking in / being led by" the Spirit: And this may well involve:
"Repentance"..."Confession"..."Surrender"..."Baptism"..."Works"...
Faith put to WORK! Becoming more "Christ like" by following his precepts and spiritual guidance.

John 15 (NIV) (extracts...comments),,,,The Vine and the Branches
..."I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains (stay?) in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit;
apart from me you can do nothing....(of spiritual value?)
This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples....(followers)
As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love.
If you obey my commands (precepts/teachings), you will remain in my love,
just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love.
I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.
My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you...
This is my command: Love each other.

(Saving) FAITH without (spiritually guided and following ) WORKS is DEAD (judged useless)....
James 2: 14-26

I will be saved from the PRESENCE (of SIN) in the FUTURE

...Eternity in the New Heavens and Earth, with the Tri-Une God
Revelation 21....The New Jerusalem
...He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain,
for the old order of things has passed away....
...On no day will its gates ever be shut, for there will be no night there.
The glory and honor of the nations will be brought into it.
Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful,
but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life.

SAVING FAITH:

John 1:12,14 (NIV)
Yet to all who received him,
to those who believed in his name,
he gave the right to become children of God...
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.
We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only,(Jesus)
who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Acts 16: 30-31 (NIV)
Paul and Silas...He then brought them out and asked,
"Sirs, what must I do to be saved?"
They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved
—you and your household."

Romans 10: 8-12 (NASB)
But what does it (Scripture)say?
“The WORD is near you, in your mouth and in your heart”
—that is, the word of FAITH (BELIEF) which we are preaching,
that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and
believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead,
you will be saved;
for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness,
and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.
For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes in Him will not be disappointed.” For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek;
for the same Lord is Lord of all,
abounding in riches for all who call on Him;
for “Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved.”...

1 Peter 3:18
For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous(Jesus) for the unrighteous (us),
to bring you to God.
He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit,

Ephesians 2:8-10 (NIV)
For it is by (unearned) GRACE you have been saved, through (spirit-led) FAITH
—and (FAITH) this not from yourselves,
it is the GIFT of God
— not by WORKS, so that no one can boast.
For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works,
which God prepared in advance for us to do.

John 3:16 (NIV)...John 3...excerpts
For God so (UNCONDITIONALLY) loved the world that He gave (sacrificed) his one and only Son, (the perfect God-Man
that whoever BELIEVES (has spirit-led FAITH) in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. (salvation!)

'You MUST be born again (spiritually).' (from above)
The wind blows wherever it pleases.
You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going.
So it is with everyone born of the Spirit....
Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert,
so the Son of Man must be lifted up,

Upvote 0

WordSword

Sep 8, 2017
MO.
✟250,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Sanctification (being set apart) is Progressive:
HI RG - Late reply due to internet modem problems. Appreciate your input and would like to address only "sanctification." Many are of the notion that it is a process but this concept has no Scriptural support. It's often unknown that all its Scriptural usages are past tense, same for holiness, righteousness, justification, etc., i.e. have been permanently sanctified and made holy, justified and righteous. All are of which only God can impute to believers (Christ is "made" our righteousness, etc. - 1Co 1:30). I see only faith and salvation as imparted and not imputed, of which only faith is progressive, for salvation does not admit in degrees.

Blessings to my Brother!

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
SANCTIFICATION:

"Sanctification": What is it? The Biblical View!

1 Thessalonians 4:3
For this is the will of God, your sanctification;

sanctification...GREEK 38...hagiasmos...
I.consecration (SET ASIDE), purification, (HOLINESS)
II.the effect of consecration
A.sanctification of heart (SPIRIT) and life (ACTS and WORDS)

Romans 6:19, 22 (all NASB)
I am speaking in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh. For just as you presented your members as slaves to impurity and to lawlessness,resulting in further lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves to righteousness, resulting in sanctification....
But now having been freed from sin and enslaved to God, you derive your benefit, (of salvation) resulting in sanctification, and the outcome, eternal life.

1 Corinthians 1:30
But by His doing you are IN Christ Jesus,
who became to us wisdom from God, and
righteousness and sanctification, and redemption,

2 Thessalonians 2:13
But we should always give thanks to God for you, brethren beloved by the Lord,
because God has chosen you from the beginning
for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and faith in the truth.

PROGRESSIVE SANCTIFICATION: A PROCESS!

POSITION versus PRACTICE...>

"How God views Man's spirit"
VERSUS
"Christian Living"

I WAS SAVED from the PRISON of SIN in the PAST....simple "saving faith"...Ephesians 2:8

2. Redemption: " pay ransom, remove, and release "
3. Reconciliation: "alienation ends"
4. Propititation: "satisfaction with action"
5. Sin Nature Judged: "good overcomes bad"...nature changed
6. Justification: "view: Just-if-I..never" SINNED by the Advocate
7. Sanctification: 'process of being set aside for God, being more holy, following

I AM BEING saved from the POWER of SIN in the PRESENT
....influence of the PERMANENTLY indwelling God the Holy Spirit, guiding "battles" against the foes.
Sanctification (setting apart) is Progressive.
"Good works" are guided by God the Holy Spirit to eventual "Judgement of Believer's Works."
Faith put to WORK! ...Becoming more Christ-like by following His precepts and Spiritual guidance.
Philippians 2:12 ...work out
Hebrews 12:1 ...run race

NOTE: (Saving) FAITH without (spiritully guided following ) WORKS is DEAD (judged spiritually useless). James 2 paraphrased!

I WILL BE saved from the PRESENCE of SIN in the FUTURE
...Eternity in the NEW: Heavens and Earth and Jerusalem, with the Tri-Une God! Revelation 21-22!

The Spiritual Gift of Grace of God + The Spirit-Led Belief of Man = Spiritual SALVATION EVENT of Man!

Sanctification: Past / Present / Future = PROCESS!

The doctrinal truth of Progressive Sanctification...God is not finished with me...YET!

When a person becomes a spiritually born again from above Christ-follower, the believer is spiritually freed from the bondage of sin, among many other benefits of their salvation.The battle begins. The imperfect "old man" and his sin nature still struggle with sin. But they do not struggle alone. They have a controlling "new nature", a new Creature in Christ, and
the permanently indwelling of God the Holy Spirit that comforts and guides their spirits towards the will and holiness of God....and away from sin.
The infant in Christ matures through:
prayer, wisdom from the Bible, fellowship from the "church", service, etc.
A believer in Jesus the God-Man goes through the PROCESS of FOLLOWING His example and precepts.

Some links that explain: the doctrinal truth of Progressive Sanctification.

Sanctification Definition and Meaning - Bible Dictionary

Welcome bibletruth.org - BlueHost.com

Progressive Sanctification

What is progressive sanctification?

Biblical Principles for Christian Maturity - CHAPTER 20

We have been saved, we are being saved and we will be saved...from SIN / SIN(s) / Sin Nature~

1. We have been saved (past) PRISON of SON >>>Eph 2:1-8 ; 1 Cor 5:4-5...simple saving spirit-led FAITH / BELIEF

2. We are being saved (present) POWER of SIN: >>> 1 Cor 1:18; 1 Cor 15: 1-2; 2Cor 2:15; 1 Peter 1:8-9...walk in the Spirit

3. We will be saved (future): PRESENCE of Sin >>>Romans 8:22-23; Philippians 3:20-21; 1 Cor 15:38-49...New Heavens + New Earth

1. Does this doctrine help solve the issue of: SAVING FAITH...versus...FOLLOWING "GOOD WORKS?

2. Can this doctrine be viewed as "Progressive SALVATION"

Conclusion
Sanctification takes a lifetime. We will never be completely perfected until that day of His return. We must resist temptation, flee from sin, press on, take hold, have a goal, strain toward, and read the Word of God. These allow the Holy Spirit to work in us, with us, and through us by cooperating and being proactive to avoid sinning against God. We are told to be a living sacrifice. The only problem with being a living sacrifice is that it can crawl off the altar. Paul gives us a fitting conclusion: “I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will” (Rom 12:1-2).

REF: What is Sanctification? A Bible Study

Last edited:
Upvote 0

WordSword

Sep 8, 2017
MO.
✟250,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
SANCTIFICATION:

VERSUS
"Christian Living"

I WAS SAVED from the PRISON of SIN in the PAST....simple "saving faith"...Ephesians 2:8

7. Sanctification: 'process of being set aside for God, being more holy, following

....influence of the PERMANENTLY indwelling God the Holy Spirit, guiding "battles" against the foes.
"Good works" are guided by God the Holy Spirit to eventual "Judgement of Believer's Works."
Faith put to WORK! ...Becoming more Christ-like by following His precepts and Spiritual guidance.

NOTE: (Saving) FAITH without (spiritully guided following ) WORKS is DEAD (judged spiritually useless). James 2 paraphrased!

...Eternity in the NEW: Heavens and Earth and Jerusalem, with the Tri-Une God! Revelation 21-22!

The Spiritual Gift of Grace of God + The Spirit-Led Belief of Man = Spiritual SALVATION EVENT of Man!

The doctrinal truth of Progressive Sanctification...God is not finished with me...YET!

When a person becomes a spiritually born again from above Christ-follower, the believer is spiritually freed from the bondage of sin, among many other benefits of their salvation.The battle begins. The imperfect "old man" and his sin nature still struggle with sin. But they do not struggle alone. They have a controlling "new nature", a new Creature in Christ, and
the permanently indwelling of God the Holy Spirit that comforts and guides their spirits towards the will and holiness of God....and away from sin.
A believer in Jesus the God-Man goes through the PROCESS of FOLLOWING His example and precepts.

We have been saved, we are being saved and we will be saved...from SIN / SIN(s) / Sin Nature~

1. We have been saved (past) PRISON of SON >>>Eph 2:1-8 ; 1 Cor 5:4-5...simple saving spirit-led FAITH / BELIEF

2. We are being saved (present) POWER of SIN: >>> 1 Cor 1:18; 1 Cor 15: 1-2; 2Cor 2:15; 1 Peter 1:8-9...walk in the Spirit

3. We will be saved (future): PRESENCE of Sin >>>Romans 8:22-23; Philippians 3:20-21; 1 Cor 15:38-49...New Heavens + New Earth

1. Does this doctrine help solve the issue of: SAVING FAITH...versus...FOLLOWING "GOOD WORKS?

Conclusion
Sanctification takes a lifetime. We will never be completely perfected until that day of His return. We must resist temptation, flee from sin, press on, take hold, have a goal, strain toward, and read the Word of God. These allow the Holy Spirit to work in us, with us, and through us by cooperating and being proactive to avoid sinning against God. We are told to be a living sacrifice. The only problem with being a living sacrifice is that it can crawl off the altar. Paul gives us a fitting conclusion: “I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will” (Rom 12:1-2).

SANCTIFICATION:

"Sanctification": What is it? The Biblical View!

sanctification...GREEK 38...hagiasmos...
I.consecration (SET ASIDE), purification, (HOLINESS)
II.the effect of consecration
A.sanctification of heart (SPIRIT) and life (ACTS and WORDS)

Romans 6:19, 22 (all NASB)
I am speaking in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh. For just as you presented your members as slaves to impurity and to lawlessness,resulting in further lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves to righteousness, resulting in sanctification....
But now having been freed from sin and enslaved to God, you derive your benefit, (of salvation) resulting in sanctification, and the outcome, eternal life.

VERSUS
"Christian Living"

Conclusion

It's okay, but we have different understandings concerning Scripture's use of sanctification, which I see it used as has been done.

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
RESPONSE TO POST# 5:

Q1:I see only faith and salvation as imparted and not imputed,

FAITH / BELIEF are ~same...a spiritual gift from God.
Ephesians 2;

FAITH / BELIEF...spirit-led BEFORE and AFTER salvation

WORKS...spirit-led BEFORE and AFTER salvation VERSUS Man's works alone to commend himself to God

To me, "Belief" and "Faith" as used in the New Testament are almost identical in meaning and synonomous.

"Believe" occurs 152 times in 140 verses in the NASB...mostly in the NT.

G4103 pistos ~= faithful, believe, believing, true, faithfully, believer, sure
G4100 pisteuo = ~believe, commit unto, commit to (one's) trust, be committed unto, be put in trust with, be commited to one's trust, believer

John 1:12 (NASB)
...But as many as RECEIVED Him (spiritually!), to them He gave the right to become children of God ,
even to those who BELIEVE (G4100) in His NAME,...

Romans 10:9,13-15 (NASB)
...that IF you confess (agree with God) with your mouth (mind) Jesus as LORD, AND
BELIEVE (G4100) in your heart (spirit) that God (the Father) raised Him (God the Son) from the dead,
you will be SAVED (from eternal estrangement);
....for “WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED.”
How then will they call on Him in whom they have not BELIEVED?
How will they BELIEVE in Him whom they have not heard?
And how will they hear without a preacher?
How will they preach unless they are sent?

"Faith" occurs 250 times in 232 verses in the NASB ...all but 4 verses in the NT.

G4102 pistis = ~faith, assurance, believe, belief, them that believe, fidelity

Hebrews 11 (NASB) ...Biblical examples of The Triumphs of FAITH,,,DEFINITION

1. Now FAITH is the (spiritual)
A. assurance of things HOPED for,
B. the CONVICTION of things (+ truths) not seen.(nor proven!)
For by it (faith) the "men of old" (OT heroes) gained approval. ( AND mankind today gains salvation)

John 6: 28-29
28 Then they (disciples) asked him, "What must we do to do the WORKS God requires?"
29 Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to BELIEVE in the one he has sent." ...

John 3 ...extracts...Jesus to the inquiring Nicodemus
'You must be born again (spiritually).'
The wind blows wherever it pleases.
You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going.
So it is with everyone born of the Spirit....(NEED fulfilled...a NEW LIFE... CHANGED SPIRIT)
Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert,
so the Son of Man must be lifted up, (cruxified ?)
that everyone who BELIEVES in him may have eternal life.

I believe / rely on an excellent Bible scholar's statement:

"The CONDITION(S) for SALVATION...
Salvation is conditioned solely on FAITH / (BELIEF) in Jesus The Christ.
("repentance" may be a SYNONYM when understood to be a "re-thinking and a "turning around")
Nearly 200 times FAITH (or BELIEF) is stated as the single condition in the New Testament.
That FAITH must be placed in The Christ as one's substutute for and Savior from sin (/sins)...
There are some FALSE additions to FAITH...e.g. ritual water baptism, repentance by works, confession / purification, lordship, etc
REF: Ryrie Study Bible...expanded NASB...p. 2073

(Jesus to Mary the Magdelene):.... "Your FAITH has saved YOU; go in peace."...

SALVATION is a completed EVENT !.

God does not take back nor allow man to give back His SALVATION...PAST completed TENSE! (AORIST!)

John 5:24 (all NASB) “Truly, truly, I (Jesus) say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, HAS eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but HAS PASSED out of death into life.

Ephesians 2:4-10
(by grace you HAVE BEEN saved),

Luke 19:1-10...[ Zaccheus Converted ]
9 And Jesus said to him,
“Today salvation HAS COME to this house, because he, too, is a son of Abraham.
10 For the Son of Man "has come" to seek and to save that which was lost.”

Mark 2:17
And hearing this, Jesus said to them,
“It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick;
I did not "come to call" the righteous, but sinners.”

John 3
17 For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world,
but that the world might "be saved" through Him.
18 He who believes in Him is not judged;
he who does not believe has been judged already,
because he "has not believed" in the name of the ONLY begotten Son of God.

John 6
35 Jesus said to them,
“I am the bread of life;
he who COMES to Me WILL not hunger,
and he who BELIEVES in Me WILL never thirst.
36 But I said to you that you have SEEN Me, and yet do not BELIEVE.
40 For this is the will of My Father,
that everyone who beholds the Son and BELIEVES in Him "WILL (is certain to) have "eternal life"",
and I Myself will raise him up "on the last day".”

John 10
27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me;
28 and I "GIVE eternal life to them", and they will never perish;
and no one will snatch them out of My hand.
29 My Father, who HAS GIVEN them to Me, is greater than all;
and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand.
30 I and the Father are one.” (IN SPIRITUAL ESSENCE AND NATURE!)

John 17:2-3 ...Jesus' High Priestly Prayer to the Father about Jesus' followers
even as You gave Him authority over all flesh,
that to all whom You "have given" Him,
He MAY GIVE "eternal life".
This is "eternal life",
that they MAY KNOW You, the only true God, and
(KNOW) Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

John 1:12,14 (NIV)
Yet to all who "RECEIVED" him,
to those who "BELIEVED" in His name, (Jesus the Christ)He gave the right to become CHILDREN of God...

ONLY A. RIGHTEOUSNESS AND B. SIN NATURE ARE "IMPUTED"

A.
2 Corinthians 5:21
He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

B.
ROMANS 5(NASB) ...IMPUTED SIN?
12 Therefore, just as through one man (A&E) sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned—
13 for until the (MOSAIC) Law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law...
15B... But the free gift (OF SALVATION) is not like the transgression.
For if by the transgression of the one (A&E) the many died, much more did the grace of God and the gift (OF FAITH) by the grace of the one Man,
Jesus Christ, (NEW SINLESS ADAM) abound to the many.

Q2: of which only
1. Faith is progressive, for
2. salvation does not admit in degrees.

A2:

2. SALVATION is a completed EVENT !.
SEE ABOVE

1. All spiritual FAITH is spirit led.

Romans 14:23
.... and whatever is not from faith is sin.

Faith varies with the holder..

Matthew 6:30
But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace,
will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith!

Matthew 8:26
He said to them,
“Why are you afraid, you men of little faith?”
Then He got up and rebuked the winds and the sea, and it became perfectly calm.

Matthew 14:31
Immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and took hold of him, and said to him,
“You of little faith, why did you doubt?”

Matthew 16:8
But Jesus, aware of this, said,
“You men of little faith, why do you discuss among yourselves that you have no bread?

Matthew 17:20...the FAITH metaphors!
And He said to them,
“Because of the littleness of your faith;
for truly I say to you,
if you have faith the size of a mustard seed,
you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.

1 Corinthians 12:9...a spiritual GIFT
to another "faith" by the same Spirit,

Galatians 5:5
For we through the Spirit, by faith, are waiting for the hope of righteousness.

But we should always give thanks to God for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God has chosen you from the beginning for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and faith in the truth.

Upvote 0