Will you still go to hell if you're saved and commit suicide?

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sigh... Yet the OP asked about suicide only: not any sin.

Yet you told the OP if they broke the murder law they go to hell, and I asked you if you have ever broken a law? You really don't see the connection? My comment fit perfectly, but I suppose it's best for you to try to make it look like it doesn't belong here, as apposed to actually addressing what I was getting at.

You are correct in your assessment concerning what I said. Yes I stopped bearing false witness and breaking the Ten Commandments. How about you assess yourself now?

I assess myself constantly, but evidently some don't have the need to do so.

But let's get into this part, I find it very interesting since I have never met anyone that claimed such a thing...When did you stop breaking the commandments, roughly?

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why are you taking such heavy offense at something I never claimed (i.e. never having sinned nor not have sin me)?

You twisted what I said, I didn't claim you said you never sinned, that along with the claim I'm taking any offense at all, is a false claim or what we refer to as "false witness". Albeit minor, I guess that was your first slip up in how many years? Ooops, and what a coincidence.

I have the literal translation of suicide which all can confirm for themselves. Suicide is Latin for murder God says 'Thou shalt not murder': therefore thou shalt not murder thyself or others.

You have a mans claim of a literal translation.

Upvote 0

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Yet you told the OP if they broke the murder law they go to hell, and I asked you if you have ever broken a law? You really don't see the connection? My comment fit perfectly, but I suppose it's best for you to try to make it look like it doesn't belong here, as apposed to actually addressing what I was getting at.

I assess myself constantly, but evidently some don't have the need to do so.

But let's get into this part, I find it very interesting since I have never met anyone that claimed such a thing...When did you stop breaking the commandments, roughly?
If you read what the OP's thread title is you would see that I responded correctly to his question.
I'm not surprised that you're surprised at my statement as many fail to understand what Jesus said to the adulterous woman to go and sin no more. I stopped breaking the commands about three years ago.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you read what the OP's thread title is you would see that I responded correctly to his question.

And? That was not in question, of course you responded.

I stopped breaking the commands about three years ago.

Honestly, I can just about assure you, you just broke a commandment.
I'm not surprised that you're surprised at my statement as many fail to understand what Jesus said to the adulterous woman to go and sin no more.

Are you serious? Tha scripture is elementary, most understand it, the problem is you have an unrealistic view of yourself so you assume that is a fact.

Unbelievable, but I'm glad you're here, keep reading the boards, be honest like you have been here and maybe eventually it will do you some good...and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. :)

Upvote 0

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
You twisted what I said, I didn't claim you said you never sinned, that along with the claim I'm taking any offense at all, is a false claim or what we refer to as "false witness". Albeit minor, I guess that was your first slip up in how many years? Ooops, and what a coincidence.

You have a mans claim of a literal translation.
Really?

You do realize you are actually telling me that as of a certain time, you have not sinned/broken any of Gods laws? Correct? and I'll make it easy on you, only the commandments concern me. How bout bearing false witness? :)

And yes, most are aware what you mention can mean murder as wall, and thanks for letting us know that you are aware of that, but any sin is more my concern here.

That is what you said in a previous post of yours. You responses after showed that not only do you understand what I'm saying but, wish to disbelieve that I have remained free for sinning by insinuating that because you believe that just because we have sin in us and hace sinned in the past that we can never stop sinning.

As for your literal comment if the Law forbids murdering others it extends to murdering oneself: "Do unto others as he would have them do unto you.". Yet why is it that God can kill and we cannot? It is because God is Life and gives life to all living things: therefore He can decide when lives end and begin. We on the other hand do not have this power so a law was given reminding us of that.

Upvote 0

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
And? That was not in question, of course you responded.

Honestly, I can just about assure you, you just broke a commandment.

Are you serious? Tha scripture is elementary, most understand it, the problem is you have an unrealistic view of yourself so you assume that is a fact.

Unbelievable, but I'm glad you're here, keep reading the boards, be honest like you have been here and maybe eventually it will do you some good...and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. :)
Sure

Upvote 0

ConvictionofGod

לא תרצח‎ (δεν θα μπορείτε να σκοτώσει)
Site Supporter
Oct 6, 2017
Milpitas
✟56,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes. Suicide is " murder of thyself" and you cannot ask for forgiveness because, well, you're dead, and so that is a previous sin that goes unanswered, no one can ask forgiveness for you, so God will judge you for it, take it as a rejection of his gifts by acting selfish and taking it upon yourself to end it, Your life is not your own but God's, it is not yours to end.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That is what you said in a previous post of yours. You responses after showed that not only do you understand what I'm saying but, wish to disbelieve that I have remained free for sinning by insinuating that because you believe that just because we have sin in us and hace sinned in the past that we can never stop sinning.

You haven't stopped sinning
As for your literal comment if the Law forbids murdering others it extends to murdering oneself: "Do unto others as he would have them do unto you.". Yet why is it that God can kill and we cannot? It is because God is Life and gives life to all living things: therefore He can decide when lives end and begin. We on the other hand do not have this power so a law was given reminding us of that.

Actually we do have the power to kill and murder (you meant we don't have the right to murder), sometimes what one calls murder, another may not, and that's what our God appointed court systems are to decide.

You have reached a point where, if you don't mind my being honest, I am going to have a hard time taking you seriously so, best drop this now...but your choice.

Upvote 0

ConvictionofGod

Site Supporter
Oct 6, 2017
Milpitas
✟56,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
id like to think, as far as Jesus/ God is concerned, he'd "prefer" we didn't kill anyone at all, especially ourselves. theres always another way. if you feel your life is so bad you need to end it, this means you must turn to God more now than ever and ask for direction, clarity.

Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
You haven't stopped sinning

Actually we do have the power to kill and murder (you meant we don't have the right to murder), sometimes what one calls murder, another may not, and that's what our God appointed court systems are to decide.

You have reached a point where, if you don't mind my being honest, I am going to have a hard time taking you seriously so, best drop this now...but your choice.

Prove that I haven't stopped sinning. And while you're at it ask yourself why you care so much about when others start or finish sinning and are not concerned about when you start or finish sinning?
Murder is murder and God makes that clear: not human courts. Man is supposed to follow God not the other way around.
Do yourself a favor and stop pulling a dog by its ears as a meddler does with business that doesn't concern him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes. Suicide is " murder of thyself" and you cannot ask for forgiveness because, well, you're dead, and so that is a previous sin that goes unanswered, no one can ask forgiveness for you,

Luke 23:34
Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

And to take that a bit further I think it means forgive them of what they are about to do, future tense, because they really had not done nothing as of yet, as far as the crucifixion, so that would more than just indicate we can ask for forgiveness, not only for others, but prior to the sin that is to take place.

Upvote 0

ConvictionofGod

Site Supporter
Oct 6, 2017
Milpitas
✟56,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

And to take that a bit further I think it means forgive them of what they are about to do, future tense, because they really had not done nothing as of yet, as far as the crucifixion, so that would more than just indicate we can ask for forgiveness, not only for others, but prior to the sin that is to take place.

to clarify, i mean, if say, a newly baptized man were to commit suicide, and his family prayed for him, do you think their prayers will be enough for God to forgive this man's sin? because he wasn't able to ask for forgiveness himself?

Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
James chapter 4 verse 12
There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you--who are you to judge your neighbor?

I only put in this last part because I didn't want to put only half the verse.

But you--who are you to judge your neighbor?

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Prove that I haven't stopped sinning.

You really think I didn't see that coming?

Prove God is the creator of the universe, something you know is a fact and I'll prove you you haven't stopped sinning. :)

Actually I already pointed out a couple.

And while you're at it ask yourself why you care so much about when others start or finish sinning and are not concerned about when you start or finish sinning?

I don't care about others, (see, you just told an untruth because you are desperate for defense, no biggie, but it happens, and it'a a sin) I,m only curious about the only person I have ever seen claim that, and I think I made that clear.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟649,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes you will as the word suicide is Latin for self murder literally speaking. And since murder is against the law it follows that murder of self is just as wrong murdering others.

When I hear people say this, I always wonder how the other sins that we commit every single day (being that we're still sinners even after being saved. We're simply forgiven sinners). If we die of natural causes after thinking an angry thought about someone, or taking the Lord's name in vain, or lusting after a woman, is it any less of a sin that would keep us out of Heaven?

Upvote 0

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married

Really? Are you that demented? With that logic we can live in sin as that passage will automatically forgive us for every sin we are about to commit. With that teaching there's no need to do any work for God or abstain from sin as He will forgive us for everything we're about to do. Yet the narrative at the end of the Bible Story tells us that many will be cast into the lake of fire with Hell, Death, Satan, the Beast and false prophet. I pray you are cured and chastised by Jesus for your ignorance.

Upvote 0

ConvictionofGod

Site Supporter
Oct 6, 2017
Milpitas
✟56,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When I hear people say this, I always wonder how the other sins that we commit every single day (being that we're still sinners even after being saved. We're simply forgiven sinners). If we die of natural causes after thinking an angry thought about someone, or taking the Lord's name in vain, or lusting after a woman, is it any less of a sin that would keep us out of Heaven?

oddly enough its told that theres only one unforgivable sin, and thats blaspheming against the holy spirit, if thats true, then suicide is forgivable.

Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
to clarify, i mean, if say, a newly baptized man were to commit suicide, and his family prayed for him, do you think their prayers will be enough for God to forgive this man's sin? because he wasn't able to ask for forgiveness himself?

What if the man was in severe pain and pretty much dead already from last stage cancer?

Then there are mental disorders that are just as painful but in different ways. See? it's just not that simple, especially when we throw in the fact God is certifiably strict/just, but he's compassionate as well, and understands there are extenuating circumstances better than us.

If our courts that God put in place, make exception for extenuating circumstance, how much more will the God that mandated such action/the rules? :)

Upvote 0

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
No, God clearly tells us through the prophet Ezekiel that the sinner will die only. We have the responsibility of meeping ourselves clean and free from sin no matter what the situation. If we are to be disciples then we are to be disciplined: a trait which has been lacking in the church and outside the church.

Upvote 0