Will you help me in my quest? Please read 2 questions.

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Do not use regular old ginger ale---get the real ginger beer---[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] and Bull is my favorite, but Reed's Jamaican is also good. They're non-alcoholic.

If you use regular ginger ale--add extra fresh grated ginger--best way to eat this is toasted, buttered and topped with mashed canned pears--

This is a sweet one

Gingerbread Bread

3 cups all purpose flour

1/2 cup brown sugar

2 tsp baking powder

1 tsp cinamon

1/2 tsp nutmeg

1/2 tsp ginger

1/2 cup chopped pecans

12 oz ginger beer

TOPPING:

2 tbs melted butter

2 tbs brown sugar

Preheat oven to 375. Spray a large loaf pan with butter flavored cooking spray.

In a large bowl, combine the flour, 2/3 cup brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and pecans. Stir until well combined. Add the ginger beer all at once. It will foam up. Stir quickly to combine. Don’t worry about lumps, that's normal.

Add to your batter greased loaf pan. Pour the melted butter on top of your loaf and sprinkle with the brown sugar.

Bake for 40 minutes or until the butter has completely absorbed into your loaf and a wooden skewer inserted into the center of your loaf comes out clean.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
You're just about the only person I can count on! However, that sounds way too sweet! I mean it sounds yummy, but unhealthy. Have you ever made a barely sweet one?

LOL! My husband had a horrible sweet tooth. Just cut the sugar by 1/2, or more. The ginger ale is sweet anyway. For my husband, straight sugar was just about sweet enough!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0