England
✟233,873.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Widowed
Image from the Deep Space Climate Observatory (DSCOVR) satellite around 761,000 miles from the lunar surface.
https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddar...nasa-camera-shows-moon-crossing-face-of-earth

View attachment 308571

Image from the Chang'e 5-T1 craft around 8,000 miles from the lunar surface.
Chinese Chang'e Craft Loops the Moon

View attachment 308572

Which are we supposed to believe?

Both of them. In the DSCOVR image, the satellite is much farther away from the Moon, and the Earth and the Moon are at roughly the same distance from the satellite, so the relative sizes of the two are about the same as the true Moon/Earth diameter ratio. In the Chang'e image, the Moon is much nearer to the spacecraft than the Earth is, so the Moon looks larger than the Earth.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
What is strange are these supposed photos from the moon of the earth (and a shrinking earth at that).

Earth Rise 1+.jpg

Earth Rise 2+.jpg

Earth Rise 3+.jpg

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Well i can take photos of the moon and get close ups like this.

But after 50+ years still no photos of earth from the moon except the same ole ones again and again.

Not sure if serious.

The current population of the moon is zero. Nobody is taking pictures of the earth from the moon.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

JohnEmmett

Jan 21, 2017
Salt Lake City
Visit site
✟130,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Celibate
Well that is actually true because no one has ever went to the moon. But there still are pretend trips

you merely think too little of science, and too much of religion

which is misleading you…

• Agree
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

you merely think too little of science, and too much of religion

which is misleading you…

I am 100% confident in a literal reading and believing in creation accounts given in The Bible.

As sure as, God's free gift of Eternal Life is received by faith,trust, belief in The Messiah for Eternal Life.

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟932,732.00
Faith
Atheist
I am 100% confident in a literal reading and believing in creation accounts given in The Bible.

As sure as, God's free gift of Eternal Life is received by faith,trust, belief in The Messiah for Eternal Life.
Sounds a lot like "answers that can't be questioned."

• Agree
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,742.00
Faith
Atheist
Well i can take photos of the moon and get close ups like this.

But after 50+ years still no photos of earth from the moon except the same ole ones again and again.

09836-scicon8-moon.jpg

Earth_Moon_resize_md.jpg

original.jpg
If you don't look you won't find any. Japan's Kaguya probe, the LRO (Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter), and China's Chang'e 5 have all taken pictures of the Earth from the moon - some showing Earth and moon together.

Earth from Kaguya:
20080411_kaguya_02.jpg

"Far side of the Moon, and Earth, hanging in space. Taken by China’s Chang’e 5-T1, at a distance of about 200,000 miles from Earth."
far-side-of-the-moon-and-earth-china-change-5.jpg

EARTH FROM CHANG'E 5 T1
20141028_CE5T024.jpg

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,926.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Well that is actually true because no one has ever went to the moon. But there still are pretend trips being made by china and their probes
Would you remind me what the motivations for these "pretend trips" are. It seems a rather pointless investment.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Would you remind me what the motivations for these "pretend trips" are. It seems a rather pointless investment.

Well it is setting the stage, to replace God with man as the object of worship. As that will eventually be used in the up and coming tribulation as man will try and replace God and a powerful man will eventually declare himself a god. The question is will you (if you are around) worship this man as god

“Then the king shall do according to his own will: he shall exalt and magnify himself above every god, shall speak blasphemies against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the wrath has been accomplished; for what has been determined shall be done.

Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Let's replace our Sun with other stars

That was pretty neat!
I'm surprised it didn't show what the perspective was for Quasi Star.

Reactions: JohnEmmett
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well it is setting the stage, to replace God with man as the object of worship. As that will eventually be used in the up and coming tribulation as man will try and replace God and a powerful man will eventually declare himself a god. The question is will you (if you are around) worship this man as god

“Then the king shall do according to his own will: he shall exalt and magnify himself above every god, shall speak blasphemies against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the wrath has been accomplished; for what has been determined shall be done.

Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

I remember asking people such as yourself not too long ago if you'll still be pushing this conspiracy theory stuff about fake moon landings, and flat earth nonsense if space tourism were to get started and regular people start going up and seeing how things really are. Well, now that it's started and we still are seeing threads like this, I have my answer.

Upvote 0