Will Pope Francis appoint female Cardinals..?

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟485,222.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
What do you mean the 'esoteric' you have experienced?:confused:

Never heard 'esoteric' used that way.

es·o·ter·ic
ˌesəˈterik/
adjective
adjective: esoteric
  1. 1.
    intended for or likely to be understood by only a small number of people with a specialized knowledge or interest.

Esoteric experience. [forgot experience]
[That few outside of my friends/family know about]

Sorry. Since it isnt a public revelation or anything... it is esoteric.

Upvote 0

xStephanie

Sep 22, 2013
Maryland
✟7,669.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
There has been a report of a plan, but I do not know how reliable the source is. As a woman & I'm not even a Catholic.. I still don't believe there should be female cardinals. I guess I am "sexist" against myself. :o I feel like women should matter, I feel they are a very important aspect of the church, yes.. and I believe they are very great teachers/helpers. Women do a lot for the gospel and they show love for our Father everywhere. That is well understood. Why they should become Cardinals... and why people think they NEED to add female cardinals to seem as though they aren't sexist, I don't know. I mean, this is propaganda aimed at the church directly. People who know truth for what it is should not even contemplate such things. My opinion.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,798,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Esoteric experience. [forgot experience]
[That few outside of my friends/family know about]

Sorry. Since it isnt a public revelation or anything... it is esoteric.
Ah, ok. Just making sure I was not missing out on any Catholic jargon. :p

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,798,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There has been a report of a plan, but I do not know how reliable the source is. As a woman & I'm not even a Catholic.. I still don't believe there should be female cardinals. I guess I am "sexist" against myself. :o I feel like women should matter, I feel they are a very important aspect of the church, yes.. and I believe they are very great teachers/helpers. Women do a lot for the gospel and they show love for our Father everywhere. That is well understood. Why they should become Cardinals... and why people think they NEED to add female cardinals to seem as though they aren't sexist, I don't know. I mean, this is propaganda aimed at the church directly. People who know truth for what it is should not even contemplate such things. My opinion.
Don't worry. The pope isn't going to be appointing female cardinals. :)

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
A report in El Pais has suggested that Pope Francis, in a break with a millennium of tradition, may be planning to appoint a woman to the College of Cardinals.

While Church rules have not required Cardinals to be priests, or archbishops, and there have in the past been lay cardinals, no lay person has been appointed a cardinal since the 19th century. In the middle ages, some Popes even appointed children, albeit their own 'nephews'...

Pope Francis contemplates appointing a female cardinal | In English | EL PAÍS

Hey Mo Chara. pounding the Guinness again? :D

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟283,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I receive by mouth.
It's my preference - due to the esoteric i have experienced.

I also receive on the tongue---and kneeling, to boot. We have a young, very traditional priest, and he instituted the practice of placing kneelers up front right before Communion, so that those who wish to receive kneeling can do so. He has the altar servers standing by with patens to be placed under the chins of the communicants as well. ;)

I had an "esoteric" experience once, too; after receiving the Host, I went back to my pew with the unmistakable taste of fresh blood in my mouth. It happened several times, at different Masses. I talked to my priest about it, and he said that God had simply chosen me to receive a special grace for some reason, and had allowed this to reinforce the truth of the Real Presence in my spiritual walk. :)

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,798,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I also receive on the tongue---and kneeling, to boot. We have a young, very traditional priest, and he instituted the practice of placing kneelers up front right before Communion, so that those who wish to receive kneeling can do so. He has the altar servers standing by with patens to be placed under the chins of the communicants as well. ;)

I had an "esoteric" experience once, too; after receiving the Host, I went back to my pew with the unmistakable taste of fresh blood in my mouth. It happened several times, at different Masses. I talked to my priest about it, and he said that God had simply chosen me to receive a special grace for some reason, and had allowed this to reinforce the truth of the Real Presence in my spiritual walk. :)
Wols, I remember when you had those experiences! :)

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,798,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, I mentioned them here; I think Michelina was still around at that point, if I recall correctly. :)
Yes & I believe you mentioned something similar at the Parlor as well.

Upvote 0

KatherineS

Jan 31, 2010
Washington, DC
✟5,152.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Why they should become Cardinals... and why people think they NEED to add female cardinals to seem as though they aren't sexist, I don't know. I mean, this is propaganda aimed at the church directly. People who know truth for what it is should not even contemplate such things. My opinion.

The College of Cardinals is not an issue of "truth" and it should not be suggested that those proposing this are lacking in Catholic truth.

Cardinals are advisors to the Pope. If women are incapable of giving good advice, then you have a reason to prohibit this.

I think, however, now is the time to begin the discussion of women cardinals.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Imperiuz

Liberty will prevail
May 22, 2007
Stockholm
✟21,093.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Gotta start with women priests first. :D

crusades7.jpg

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟376,565.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Won't happen. Move on.

Jim
Yes, exactly, and it's not even what he said. He said that women are more important than even bishops, that's obvious. Without women, the bishops wouldn't be alive.

And yes, we need more involvement from women. But when I go to Mass every day, the majority of those at Mass are female. The women of the Church pray with the Church while the men are out earning, in many cases. But then let's take a look at the importance of women in the Church today...Mother Angelica, for example, foundress of EWTN...Could there be a more important way to spread the Word??? Mother Theresa and the female Doctors of the Church...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KatherineS

Jan 31, 2010
Washington, DC
✟5,152.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Gotta start with women priests first.

No, I think you have missed out on the discussion so far as well as the Church's understanding of the College.

Being a priest is not an essential part of being a cardinal.

Review the thread if you would like more information on this topic, or, if you prefer, I can re-present it for you.

Upvote 0

S.ilvio

Jul 16, 2011
Dublin
✟344,178.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No, I think you have missed out on the discussion so far as well as the Church's understanding of the College.

Review the thread if you would like more information on this topic, or, if you prefer, I can re-present it for you.

"None are so blind as........"

;)

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

it is normal for it a person to be a priest first
especially since the Pope is no longer is a major land owner in Italy and does not run any city besides the very tiny Vatican City

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,798,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"None are so blind as........"

;)
Really? That always helps. I skimmed the thread. But as Jim said, ain't going to happen. I don't give much time to useless pursuits & wishful thinking.

If you don't like people digging at you maybe you should consider refraining yourself. Just a suggestion.

Upvote 0