Will New York Times, Washington Post Return Pulitzers for Misleading ‘Russia Collusion’ Stories?

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,570.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
there wasnt enough evidence because there was no evidence, it is just a clever way of saying that there is no evidence that causes people to think you might have something that you never had.
That's one way to interpret that I suppose. Considering that Muller included several cases of coordination between the Trump campaign and Russia, I suspect it's not the way Muller meant it though.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thread poster:

"I don't want to and you can't make me."
----- Tennessee Volunteer fan explaining to a friend why he did not plan being vaccinated for COVID"

Pro-abortion woman defending what happens to her body:

"My body my choice."

The dichotomy is glaring and alarming. How easily people can rationalize conflicting views within their own ideology.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thread poster:

"I don't want to and you can't make me."
----- Tennessee Volunteer fan explaining to a friend why he did not plan being vaccinated for COVID"

Pro-abortion woman defending what happens to her body:

"My body my choice."

The dichotomy is glaring and alarming. How easily people can rationalize conflicting views within their own ideology.
Your post is a bit disingenuous since the same poster did not post both of those statements. I posted the first as my signature. And the two quotes are about two different issues, neither of which is relevant to the thread.

cow451 is happy to correct your error.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Your post is a bit disingenuous since the same poster did not post both of those statements. I posted the first as my signature. And the two quotes are about two different issues.

cow451 is happy to correct your error.
Fact is most who state the first, also hold to the second. If you do not, then you are the exception.
Which is odd... for the reason stated.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Fact is most who state the first, also hold to the second. If you do not, then you are the exception.
Which is odd... for the reason stated.
And remains off topic, for the reason stated.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
True.... 79,000,000 of them in a poll of registered voters in November, 2020.
The continuously declining approval rating that Biden enjoys seems to indicate that many of the people who voted for him feel that they were deceived. Maybe its is related to his inability to keep the promises that he makes or maybe it is just his lack competence as evidenced by his performance in office.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,570.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That story was based on AG's Barr's letter which claimed that Muller found no evidence, which is not what the report itself said.
"Mueller could not have been more blunt: “The investigation did not identify evidence that any U.S. persons knowingly or intentionally coordinated with the IRA’s interference operation” (emphasis added). Note that this exoneration includes not only Trump campaign officials but all Americans:

https://theintercept.com/2019/04/18...ssia-conspiracy-theories-he-obliterated-them/

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,570.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
"Mueller could not have been more blunt: “The investigation did not identify evidence that any U.S. persons knowingly or intentionally coordinated with the IRA’s interference operation” (emphasis added). Note that this exoneration includes not only Trump campaign officials but all Americans:

Robert Mueller Did Not Merely Reject the Trump-Russia Conspiracy Theories. He Obliterated Them.
Ok so the Trump campaign wasn't part of the IRA's social media operation. The same report points out that Russia also tried to influence the election by giving the Trump campaign access to stolen information, and that the Trump campaign was receptive of the offer.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ok so the Trump campaign wasn't part of the IRA's social media operation. The same report points out that Russia also tried to influence the election by giving the Trump campaign access to stolen information, and that the Trump campaign was receptive of the offer.
And exactly who would not accept opposition research? Accepting such information is not a crime, manufacturing it in a totally factitious dossier however should have been.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,570.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
And exactly who would not accept opposition research? Accepting such information is not a crime, manufacturing it in a totally factitious dossier however should have been.
Actually accepting it is a crime if comes from a foreign government. Muller just couldn't establish that they knew it would be a crime, which is why it didn't rise to conspiracy.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Actually accepting it is a crime if comes from a foreign government. Muller just couldn't establish that they knew it would be a crime, which is why it didn't rise to conspiracy.
Give it a rest. That hoax has now been exposed, and it's common knowledge who created it. But it did its job and now the same people have moved on to the "insurrection" hoax.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,570.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Give it a rest. That hoax has now been exposed, and it's common knowledge who created it. But it did its job and now the same people have moved on to the "insurrection" hoax.
That's odd. I don't recall Rod Rosenstein being involved with the January 6th investigation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well if you are correct then Hilary should have been locked up, but I think there has to be more than just accepting information from a foreign government to qualify as a crime.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,570.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Well if you are correct then Hilary should have been locked up, but I think there has to be more than just accepting information from a foreign government to qualify as a crime.
For what exactly? She paid an American company to secure oppo research. They happened to source that information from foreigners, but that's not against the law. The difference is the fact that she actually paid for the information, it wasn't offered to her as a gift, which runs afoul of campaign finance laws.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
For what exactly? She paid an American company to secure oppo research. They happened to source that information from foreigners, but that's not against the law. The difference is the fact that she actually paid for the information, it wasn't offered to her as a gift, which runs afoul of campaign finance laws.
Yes she did pay for the information, she payed to receive it and she paid to produce it as well, she is a big spender.

Upvote 0