Will God save people out of hell too? And did Jesus go to hell for the 3 days after his crucifixtion

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
  • Winner
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

ClementofA

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
Vancouver
✟310,073.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
not quite, all will accept Jesus for every knee shall bow in reverential worship and every tongue confess in praise and honour that Jesus Christ is Lord to the Glory of God the Father.

Thus all will be saved as confession is made unto salvation

These questions were for pnuena... not for clementofa. Sorry for the confusion.

What about blaspheming the Holy Spirit?

What about Heb 6 :4 - 6?

What about taking the mark?

What about bowing to the beast?

• Agree
Upvote 0

Pneuma3

Apr 12, 2006
✟54,054.00
Faith
Christian
Is it through the Holy Spirit that we are saved?

1 Cor 12:3
Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

Correct, so when every knee bows and every tongue CONFESS that Jesus Christ IS Lord to the glory of God the Father how come you do not believe every tongue confessing Jesus is Lord do so without the Holy Ghost?

What about the verse having to do with no new salvation because the restrainer, the Holy Spirit is taken out of the way:

For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only he who now restrains will do so until he is taken out of the way. (NASB) 2 Thessalonians 2:7

Nat that scripture is NOT talking about the Holy Spirit being taken out of the way. It is talking about the man of sin (our old man) which keeps us down and hinders us until he is taken out of the way and is destroyed by the manifestation of his (Christs) presence.

YLT has it.
for the secret of the lawlessness doth already work, only he who is keeping down now will hinder -- till he may be out of the way,

and then shall be revealed the Lawless One, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the manifestation of his presence,

What about those who take the mark of the beast and bow down to the beast?

Rev 14:9-11
9Then another angel, a third one, followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand, 10he also will drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is mixed in full strength in the cup of His anger; and he will be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. 11“And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever; they have no rest day and night, those who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name

Why do you see this a something that will happen after death?
Do you believe people will continue to worship the beast and his image after death?
Will people continue to serve the beast in the lake of fire for all eternity?
if so how is it that death is defeated and all the works of the devil destroyed?

Nat nothing is those scripture is in reference to After death, but are speaking of the here and now. Our old man is tormented in the fire and brimstone because of the presence of the lamb.

Upvote 0

Pneuma3

Apr 12, 2006
✟54,054.00
Faith
Christian
What about blaspheming the Holy Spirit?

YLT has it
but whoever may speak evil in regard to the Holy Spirit hath not forgiveness -- to the age, but is in danger of age-during judgment;'

From the time of the law up to and including when Jesus walked the earth people live in the age of the law. Since Jesus death and resurrection mankind has lived in the age of grace.

Thus accordingly there was no forgiveness for those who blaspheme the Holy Spirit for those under the law but a fearful danger of the judgment under the law, which is the wrath of God, a ministration of death and our schoolmaster to lead us to Christ.

What about Heb 6 :4 - 6?

Nat those scripture are talking about Christians and have nothing to do with the unbeliever.

Oldmantook has a very good grasp of this and can explain it a lot better then I so will let him explain it.

Oldmantook
It is not difficult to apprehend the passages you cited. In Heb 6, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance because they are "crucifying" and "shaming" Christ. The Greek verb tenses are present tense - "and who have fallen away, to be brought back to repentance. To their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace." (NIV) The fact that they are still engaged in such actions, demonstrates that they have not repented since they are still engaged in the sin of crucifying and disgracing grace. Where there is no repentance it is thus impossible to renew them repentance.

The same principle applies in Heb 10 - IF we go on SINNING WILLFULLY...there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins. Continuous, habitual sin in the life of the believer that is not repented of results in no forgiveness and spiritual death.

What about taking the mark?

What about bowing to the beast?

Already addressed these in my last post.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
YLT has it
but whoever may speak evil in regard to the Holy Spirit hath not forgiveness -- to the age, but is in danger of age-during judgment;'
Nobody seems to be able to answer this question. What makes a translation "literal?" Wait don't tell me. Any "translation" which seems to support UR assumptions/presuppositions. An ything which disproves UR assumptions/presuppositions is "biased." We don't have to be bothered with any grammar.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Pneuma3

Apr 12, 2006
✟54,054.00
Faith
Christian
Nobody seems to be able to answer this question. What makes a translation "literal?" Wait don't tell me. Any "translation" which seems to support UR assumptions/presuppositions. An ything which disproves UR assumptions/presuppositions is "biased." We don't have to be bothered with any grammar.

do a little research for yourself as to what a literal translation is, as nothing we say is accepted by you.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
do a little research for yourself as to what a literal translation is, as nothing we say is accepted by you.
Unlike you I have done the research more than you or any UR-ite I have encountered. There are a lot of "literal" version around beside YLT, e.g. Concordant, LITV, Green's etc. all "literal" but all different.

Upvote 0

Pneuma3

Apr 12, 2006
✟54,054.00
Faith
Christian
Unlike you I have done the research more than you or any UR-ite I have encountered. There are a lot of "literal" version around beside YLT, e.g. Concordant, LITV, Green's etc. all "literal" but all different.

Do they or do they just express it a little different.

Do you think age abiding or age during or leaving it in it original Greek aion as the Concordant does means they are talking about something different? You definitely make me shake my head DA.

Upvote 0

ClementofA

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
Vancouver
✟310,073.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There are a lot of "literal" version around beside YLT, e.g. Concordant, LITV, Green's etc. all "literal" but all different.

Of course they are different. Just like oranges are different from other oranges. Yet they are all called oranges. Non literal versions are all different from each other as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So his death means absolutely nothing for most of humanity. good grief

No, I did not say that at all (that most of humanity is condemned). We do not know the identity of the elect nor the number. But the book of Revelation indicates that those who are saved are unable to be counted. So it is a very great number.

That would be a complete misrepresentation.

Upvote 0

Pneuma3

Apr 12, 2006
✟54,054.00
Faith
Christian
No, I did not say that at all (that most of humanity is condemned). We do not know the identity of the elect nor the number. But the book of Revelation indicates that those who are saved are unable to be counted. So it is a very great number.

That would be a complete misrepresentation.

And yet few enter via the straight gate. so reconcile that with a very great number.

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,227,028.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
MOD HAT ON
291351_bea506bf77911a43e319cd6831f5c666.png

Thread cleaned due to flaming and goading posts.
Remember to address only the content of the post and not the poster. Additionally no more posts saying to a member 'you believe this', or posts saying so and so believes this. These posts are goading.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0