Will Christianity rise again or does it even need to?

May 28, 2014
Greeneville
Visit site
✟44,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You know I was concerned about passing on my faith to the next generation but I didn't know how to do it. In about 50-60 more years I will be dead and with the LORD (I am already 30 years old), and I was just wondering what kind of a legacy I am leaving behind for future generations?

Upvote 0

iwbswiaihl2

Aug 18, 2007
✟32,887.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Most of us will only be able to influence those around us, that is the importance of having a disciplined life in the Lord, letting your light shine as you are living it. Touching whomever you come into contact with and letting them see Christ in us and sharing the gospel in word as the doors are open. As the saying goes, your walk talks and your talk talks, but your walk talks, louder than your talk, talks. :scratch:

Like the example Peter talks about to the wives in 1 Peter 3:1-4 Wives, likewise, be submissive to your own husbands, that even if some do not obey the word, they, without a word, may be won by the conduct of their wives, 2 when they observe your chaste conduct accompanied by fear. 3 Do not let your adornment be merely outward—arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel— 4 rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God.
But this lifestyle is for all believers, some influence a few, some many, and a few thousands, but we are only to do as the Lord blesses through our lives. 1 Thess 4:11 that you also aspire to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you, 12 that you may walk properly toward those who are outside, and that you may lack nothing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Its no secret to many that Christianity is on the decline in the west. Surveys upon surveys have appeared showing that many are walking away from the cross. My church itself has felt this blow.

In the past, Christianity was the most dominant force on the Planet and has a strong foot in much of our culture. I have many theories why people are leaving but it all comes down to one thing. They don't believe.

Do you see this changing in years? Can our faith resonate with the next generation or will it fade away and be all but gone.

Or does it even need to rise again? Is it better this way? What do you think

HI yuckstine,

I think it's in perfect alignment right where it is with the prophecies of the Scriptures. The Scriptures, to me, seem to be pretty clear that as we march inexorably to the final days of this realm as we see it now, that people will grow more and more wicked. There will be fewer and fewer who believe.

In the Revelation we see the saints under the altar asking when God is going to bring judgment upon the wicked and He tells them to wait a little while until their full number is come in. So, as we go through the ages there will be a few here and a few there , will be added to that number and then one day God is going to stand from His throne and say, "Enough!!! Son, go get your children." As the Revelation continues, once Jesus comes to collect from the earth the harvest that belongs to God, there's going to be a whole pile of people left who will then be thrown into the winepress of God's wrath.

The world is moving along just as God has warned us that it will. Paul writes quite a bit about the wickedness of man abounding more and more in his first chapter of his letter to the Romans. He tells us that things are going to get so bad that not only will they being doing wicked things but the world, at large, will be approving of their wickedness.

So, I wouldn't expect that the 'church' is ever going to be some super powerful force upon the earth as relates to numbers in every generation and would quite honestly expect that it will be even less and less popular as we move to the end.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟879,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God's Will be done, and it Will be:

His Time
His Way
His Tools (i.e. The Holy Bible, preachers, individuals sharing the gospel, etc.).

God's Word never returns void. It always accomplishes God's Will and Purpose.

Upvote 0

joshcorn

Oct 27, 2017
Dartmouth Nova Scotia
✟14,533.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Good question.
Just because church attendance statistics a decline,does not mean Christians have given up the faith in Christ.
I read another report that talked about the big increase of large home group Christian fellowships. This tells me that there is big dissatisfaction in a lot churches. From what I have seen this around my area I would agree. They are hungry for the things of God and where they where they where staving to death. We talk about back sliding Christians what about back sledding church.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Just because church attendance statistics a decline,does not mean Christians have given up the faith in Christ.

This is what I was thinking. Culturally U.S. society seems to be falling out of churches a bit - my family have never been heavy church-goers either. Youth especially seems to be drawn to empty doctrines and 'fun church' activities, but this doesn't mean being a true believer. There are still plenty of genuine Christians filling this country, they just aren't all registering on the pew polls. With Christianity flourishing in other countries where it wasn't the norm before, this is all good news. Unfortunately with an increased rise of the faith there is worsening prosecution.

Upvote 0