Will Biden have a State of the Union "speech"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Face facts. Biden and Trump are both old. We need to ask ourselves why we nominated two old White guys. Of all the options, is this the best we have?
Ageism aside, I agree. And to even think of all the candidates we started with. Is that the best America has to offer?

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Ageism aside, I agree. And to even think of all the candidates we started with. Is that the best America has to offer?

I didn’t vote for either Biden or Trump. I did write-ins: Pete Buttigieg for Pres., and Sen. Tammy Duckworth for VP. Both young and very sharp. Mayor Pete’s resume is unreal—Harvard undergrad, Rhodes scholar at Oxford, (and graduated with 1st class honors) military intelligence officer in Afghanistan, knows 7 languages, including Arabic, and plays guitar. The man is a true polymath, in the Thomas Jefferson tradition. Transportation Secretary is below his abilities. But I’m glad he’s now in national government, and hopefully will have a bright future.

The fact that Joe Biden picked him for the Cabinet proves to me that old Joe still knows what he’s doing.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I didn’t vote for either Biden or Trump. I did write-ins: Pete Buttigieg for Pres., and Sen. Tammy Duckworth for VP. Both young and very sharp. Mayor Pete’s resume is unreal—Harvard undergrad, Rhodes scholar at Oxford, (and graduated with 1st class honors) military intelligence officer in Afghanistan, knows 7 languages, including Arabic, and plays guitar. The man is a true polymath, in the Thomas Jefferson tradition. Transportation Secretary is below his abilities. But I’m glad he’s now in national government, and hopefully will have a bright future.

The fact that Joe Biden picked him for the Cabinet proves to me that old Joe still knows what he’s doing.

I like him, but I don't agree. His only executive experience is as mayor of a small-mid-sized city with a large university that subsidizes some of the regional health. That's not nothing, but it's also not enough to justify a promotion all the way to POTUS. I think he could use more time developing.

• Agree
Reactions: GreekOrthodox
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And still young, yes, with a bright future.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,296.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green

I don't believe the Presidency is an entry level position, as President Trump proved. Pete needs both federal experience and more extensive administrative experience before I would trust him that high up. The Secretary of Transportation might not be one of the sexier cabinet positions, but he is still in charge of 60K people and $75 Billion. That's impressive for somebody not yet 40.

• Agree
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You mean the way a few of Trump's words during his speech on Jan 6th were isolated to make it sound as if he was telling people to get into a riot? Gimme a break!
Nice try, but not the same.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I like him, but I don't agree. His only executive experience is as mayor of a small-mid-sized city with a large university that subsidizes some of the regional health. That's not nothing, but it's also not enough to justify a promotion all the way to POTUS. I think he could use more time developing.

I agree completely. It was a conscience vote. I knew Donald Trump would win MO’s EVs. Which he did by a 15% margin. My vote wouldn’t change the outcome. I just had to vote for whom I thought was the best person, all things considered.

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Being old, myself, I can say with confidence that a President should not begin a term over 65 years of age. I hold younger adults responsible for not supporting younger candidates. The Baby Boomers have had their time and it is now passed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,226,722.00
Country
United States