Will Abraham Lincoln statues be next?

Douger

Veteran
Oct 2, 2004
✟165,821.00
Faith
Christian
It means that, given the way the Left wants to eliminate any memory of people it doesn't care for, and the justification can be nothing more than one verbal slip-up decades earlier or just about anything that is interpreted as having been insensitive to todays special victims by one definition or another...
Lincoln is just as good a target as Washington, Jefferson, Jackson, or any of our other historic leaders, even though he is usually thought of, unofficially, as a hero who opposed slavery, etc.
I guess that will be seen. It does seem to me though that the left recognizes that there was a very big difference between Lincoln and the Founding Fathers on the issue of slavery.
It didn't change a thing for the slaves in the rebellious states,
Of course it did. It freed them under federal law. It immediately applied to the several tens of thousands of confederate owned slaves under Union control and was enforced for tens of thousands more every month thereafter until the war was over and all 3.5 million confederate owned slaves were freed.
I've already pointed this out to you. I have no idea why you keep saying otherwise. I also have no idea why an American like yourself is learning this from an pseudonym using internet history pedant (me).
and don't forget the status of the slaves in the other slave states.
I didn't forget, I already acknowledged that they were freed by a later act.
No, you're unlikely to get Lincoln off the hook that easily with todays political Left.;)
Is this projection? It seems like you're the one determined to revise Lincoln's anti-slavery history.

Upvote 0