Rasta

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2007
✟22,444.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I see here that some people need to insult Islam and other religions. Why you do that? Would you like if others insult your religion? Sure not.
Well, insult is pretty subjective. Is critisizm an insult?

Some things are legitimate, and others are to make people feel better about their own beliefs.

It's a very fine line indeed. Often hard to really see what one's motives are.

Upvote 0

BruceDLimber

Baha'i
Nov 14, 2005
Rockville, Maryland, USA
✟18,339.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi!

I endeavor never to insult other religions as there's really no point in doing so, and most are eminently worthy of respect anyway!

As to your other question, I'm not bothered if someone attacks my religion because it stands very well on its own virtue!

Best, :)

Bruce

Upvote 0

sarvak

Jul 12, 2007
✟7,987.00
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Single
I see here that some people need to insult Islam and other religions. Why you do that? Would you like if others insult your religion? Sure not.

Namaste! Welcome to NCR. Unfortunately, it has always been like this for years. People have that "tit for tat" syndrome. You would be suprised, even the ones who pretend they are peaceful and loving will also turn on you in a heartbeat.

So you are a Zoroastrian, huh? That is interesting. I was reading the first chapter of the Fargard, and it mentioned about the Aryans. In the Vedic tradition, the Aryans were also mentioned quite frequently. I now believe Zoroastrianism is the bridge between the Mleccha (Abrahamic) Dharma and Sanatana(Hindu) Dharmha. If you do not mind, I want to learn more about your religion. Can I ask you questions.

Sarva Mangalam.

Upvote 0
N

NavyGuy7

The truth is devastating, sometimes. When we touch upon that truth, people get...edgy.
Granted, sometimes the criticism erupts into plain old insulting. But I judge the religion as I see it, and what I see is nothing good, a religion of war. If the Muslim community wants to change that view, they better get their act together. And I'm speaking of ALL of them. The ones who do nothing about their own "radicals" are just as bad. Especially if they CAN do something.
Applies to Christians, too, I guess. We should be correcting those who are out of line, not ignoring them and hoping they go away.

Upvote 0

elwill

Feb 10, 2008
cairo / egypt
✟16,330.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
The truth is devastating, sometimes. When we touch upon that truth, people get...edgy.
Granted, sometimes the criticism erupts into plain old insulting. But I judge the religion as I see it, and what I see is nothing good, a religion of war. If the Muslim community wants to change that view, they better get their act together. And I'm speaking of ALL of them. The ones who do nothing about their own "radicals" are just as bad. Especially if they CAN do something.
Applies to Christians, too, I guess. We should be correcting those who are out of line, not ignoring them and hoping they go away.

thank you for your kindness words :)
which war you wanna from muslims to give up with ?
why you didn't ask christians (USA) and jews in palastines the same thing ?
why muslims always whom guilty in your sight ?
(i didn't mean you personally , i mean the westerner in general)

peace :wave:

Upvote 0

Chaschayarscha

Apr 30, 2008
Shiraz
✟7,798.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
In Relationship
Namaste! Welcome to NCR. Unfortunately, it has always been like this for years. People have that "tit for tat" syndrome. You would be suprised, even the ones who pretend they are peaceful and loving will also turn on you in a heartbeat.

So you are a Zoroastrian, huh? That is interesting. I was reading the first chapter of the Fargard, and it mentioned about the Aryans. In the Vedic tradition, the Aryans were also mentioned quite frequently. I now believe Zoroastrianism is the bridge between the Mleccha (Abrahamic) Dharma and Sanatana(Hindu) Dharmha. If you do not mind, I want to learn more about your religion. Can I ask you questions.

Sarva Mangalam.

Sure if you have questions, just ask.

Upvote 0

sarvak

Jul 12, 2007
✟7,987.00
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Single
Sure if you have questions, just ask.

Well I will start with this question. Why does Zoroastrianism not condone burials or cremations, but instead encourage the bodies to be thrown to the towers of vultures? What is the spiritual significance of this type of funeral?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Arthra

Baha'i
Feb 20, 2004
California
Visit site
✟71,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Well i´m iranian zoroastrian. We don´t do that.
But i think they do that in india.

In Zoroastrism we honor the soul, not the dead body.
Earth and fire are to holy to threw dead bodies into it.

Welcome to the Forum Chaschayarscha and thanks for providing the explanation about Zoroastrian burial practices!

- Art

Upvote 0

InnocentOdion

Seeker
Feb 2, 2006
✟11,136.00
Faith
Hindu
Marital Status
Married
Haha, yay :)
Very nice to have a Zoroastrian here. It's a very interesting faith, and certainly one I'd like to get to know more about.

One question I'd like to know, is about God in Zoroastrianism. Some have said it is a dualistic religion, with "two Gods in principle because both are uncreated". I'd like some info from you God and Ahura Mainyu (is that it?) in your faith, sometime? :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
They would just bounce off me and go up to YHWH. :wave:

Rotherham) Matthew 5:11 Happy are ye whensoever they may reproach you and persecute you and say every evil thing against you, falsely, for My sake:

Rotherham)Romans 15:3 For even the Christ not unto himself gave pleasure, but even as it is written--'The reproaches of them that reproaching thee fell upon Me' [Psalm 69:9]

Upvote 0

sarvak

Jul 12, 2007
✟7,987.00
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Single
Well i´m iranian zoroastrian. We don´t do that.
But i think they do that in india.

In Zoroastrism we honor the soul, not the dead body.
Earth and fire are to holy to threw dead bodies into it.[/

You do not follow the Fargard:

O Maker of the material world, thou Holy One! If a man shall bury in the earth either the corpse of a dog or the corpse of a man, and if he shall not disinter it within half a year, what is the penalty that he shall pay? Ahura Mazda answered: 'Five hundred stripes with the Aspahê-astra 3, five hundred stripes with the Sraoshô-karana.' (Fargard 3:36)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.