Why would some believe christians will offer sacrifices in the millennial temple?

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's agreed that we should abandon the Old Covenant, but whether we should abandon God's holy, righteous, and good law is another matter entirely.

The 10 commandments written on the tablets of stone are the Old Covenant.

Heb_9:4 Which had the golden censer, and the ark of the covenant overlaid round about with gold, wherein was the golden pot that had manna, and Aaron's rod that budded, and the tables of the covenant;

Those in-Christ are to be like Abraham who lived by faith, before the Mosaic Covenant.

.........................................................................................

Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Gal 3:17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

Gal 3:18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

Gal 3:19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

Gal 3:20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.

Gal 3:21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

Gal 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Gal 3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

Gal 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Gal 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Gal 3:29 And
if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟285,822.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

Heb_9:4 Which had the golden censer, and the ark of the covenant overlaid round about with gold, wherein was the golden pot that had manna, and Aaron's rod that budded, and the tables of the covenant;

Those in-Christ are to be like Abraham who lived by faith, before the Mosaic Covenant.

.........................................................................................

Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Gal 3:17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

Gal 3:18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

Gal 3:19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

Gal 3:20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.

Gal 3:21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

Gal 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Gal 3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

Gal 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Gal 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

The law is holy, righteous, and good (Romans 7:12), but at the same time it had limitations and where we error is where we ascribe purposes for it for which it was not intended. The law was given because of transgression, to make us aware of the sin that we were committing. Man sinned long before the law was given, so the transgression was nothing new, the law just made it plain that it was sin and unacceptable to God. The other purpose was to show how God was going to deal with sin. In Noah's day, God brought about a flood, but after that He gives the law and deals with sin differently. The law says that if someone sins unintentionally, he must offer a sin offering without blemish, so a pure life must be taken to atone for sin, pointing the way to Jesus' life offered for the sins of the world.

The law was given by angels to Moses, so this was a very positive thing, not a trap that God set for His people. It was given as an aide to help bring about the promise. The problem in Galatians is that the influencers got the cart before their horse, they were teaching that the promise was contingent on the law, rather than the law being an integral part of the promise. The law is part of the promise because it speaks of how God will justify men so that they can have life with Him through the Messiah. The Messiah is the goal of the law or the target at which the law aims (Romans 10:4). The justification that the law teaches of is found in the redemption that the Messiah brings. The law doesn't speak of how to have eternal life, but rather it speaks of living life to the fullest in the Kingdom of God on earth, of living a life by the principles so that God can bless you and dwell among His people on earth. The only way to ensure life in the world to come is to be justified before God and the only way for that is through the redemption of the Messiah. The law, while it did not bring about justification, pointed to the one who could. So if I say that the law was given so that God could come here and dwell with His people in this life, the promise of and the redemption of the Messiah was given so that you could go dwell with God in His kingdom.

The law serves as a teaching to teach you walk through life in a manner pleasing to God. Faith in the promised Messiah gives you life in the world to come. That law when used properly is holy, righteous, and good, and that why Paul said to Timothy that until he comes, devote yourselves to the public reading of Scripture, to preaching, and to teaching (1 Timothy 4:13). The public reading of Scripture was done on the Sabbath day in the synagogues and Paul tells them to devote themselves to it, which is the law and the prophets, because the Gospels haven't even been written yet. Again he says that all Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work (2 Timothy 3:16-17). These are not the words of a man who does not value the law, but rather are the worlds of a man who knows the true purpose of the law: to strengthen your faith in the Messiah and to keep your walk on the true path that God would have for you, to teach you of what is good so that you may perform every good work.

Paul is not teaching that the law is bad while faith in the Messiah is good, but rather he is teaching that the law is holy righteous, and good, that it will keep you from sin, and that it will teach you of the redeemer, but the promise is better in that it was spoken by God, it was given first, and that it can not be set aside. Not only that, but it had no mediation involved. God spoke it with no ifs, ands, or buts, so it's a done deal. From the day that he promised Abraham that through your seed all the nations of the earth would be blessed, it was yes and amen.

The law didn't make you a prisoner of sin, you did that, the law just exposed your sin and teaches of the one who can set you free from prison. The promise spoke before the law, that the law is an integral part of, releases you from that prison, but without the promised Messiah and the Spirit of God, we remain prisoners of sin.

Reactions: Psalm3704
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
If a temple is built on this earth, it will definitely not be there when Christ sets the Holy City on this earth---
(Rev 21:22) And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

Upvote 0

Psalm3704

And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The word "Jerusalem" does not always mean the city in this sin-cursed world.
The "New Jerusalem" is now above and will replace the other one, when Christ returns.

The New Jerusalem isn't coming for another 1000 years when there is no more sea.

Revelation 21:1-2
1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth. The first heaven and the first earth had disappeared, and there was no sea anymore. 2 And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God. It was prepared like a bride dressed for her husband.

Upvote 0

random person

1 COR. 10:11; HEB. 1:2; HEB. 9:26,28; 1 PET. 1:20
Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
The New Jerusalem isn't coming for another 1000 years when there is no more sea.

Revelation 21:1-2
1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth. The first heaven and the first earth had disappeared, and there was no sea anymore. 2 And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God. It was prepared like a bride dressed for her husband.

There is other ways of interpreting no more sea.

As in there are no more Gentiles (represent the Sea) and Jews (represents the Land).

The bronze basin in the temple for oblution of the priests is called a sea.

Upvote 0

Psalm3704

Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

You might want to study up on salvation and faith. You do have to keep the commandments as well as practise His new commandments.

Matthew 5:17-20 NKJV
17 “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18 For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. 19 Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 19:16-22 NKJV
16 Now behold, one came and said to Him, “Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?”

17 So He said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”

18 He said to Him, “Which ones?”
Jesus said, “‘You shall not murder,’ ‘You shall not commit adultery,’ ‘You shall not steal,’ ‘You shall not bear false witness,’ 19 ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ ”

20 The young man said to Him, “All these things I have kept from my youth. What do I still lack?”
21 Jesus said to him, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”
22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.​

John 14:15 If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.

1 John 2:4 If someone claims, "I know God," but doesn't obey God's commandments, that person is a liar and is not living in the truth.

Faith is more than just a belief. It's an act of obedience that justifies one's faith. Under the old testament, obedience to God was required for salvation. Under the new testament, your obedience now must follow Christ as well.

James 2:14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?

James 2:17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

James 2:20-24
20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? 22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? 23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” And he was called the friend of God. 24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.

Hebrews 11:8 By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to the place which he would receive as an inheritance. And he went out, not knowing where he was going.

Hebrews 11:17 By faith Abraham, when he was tested, offered up Isaac, and he who had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,

Upvote 0

Psalm3704

Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There is other ways of interpreting no more sea.

As in there are no more Gentiles (represent the Sea) and Jews (represents the Land).

The bronze basin in the temple for oblution of the priests is called a sea.

Ahh okay gotcha, so you're saying there will only be Jews in the future and no more gentiles alive. Right okay good one.

Not all sea in the bible refers to gentiles. Genesis 1:10 God named the dry land “earth” and the water that was gathered together “seas.” God saw that this was good.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,115,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
OP Why would some believe Christians will offer sacrifices in the millennial temple?

Actually that is sacrifices for atonement in Ezekiel, that is the problem.

Some (many that I have met) people believe it because Tom Ice and Tim LaHaye said so.......

Reactions: zelosravioli
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Ahh okay gotcha, so you're saying there will only be Jews in the future and no more gentiles alive. Right okay good one.

Not all sea in the bible refers to gentiles. Genesis 1:10 God named the dry land “earth” and the water that was gathered together “seas.” God saw that this was good.

Sea referring to people is only when used with symbolic prophecy--otherwise, the sea is the sea. There will be no more sea, means just that--not that there won't be large bodies of water teaming with life, just not the salty seas we know.

Upvote 0

random person

1 COR. 10:11; HEB. 1:2; HEB. 9:26,28; 1 PET. 1:20
Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

No, you misunderstood me, there is no longer any Jews or Gentiles as per Colossians 3:11 and Ephesians 2:14-16.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Psalm3704

Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sea referring to people is only when used with symbolic prophecy--otherwise, the sea is the sea. There will be no more sea, means just that--not that there won't be large bodies of water teaming with life, just not the salty seas we know.

Luke 21:25 (CEB) "There will be signs in the sun, moon, and stars. On the earth, there will be dismay among nations in their confusion over the roaring of the sea and surging waves.

So Luke was prophetically talking about people?

Upvote 0

zelosravioli

Believer
Site Supporter
Mar 15, 2014
Northern California
✟148,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I really love all the answers here thank you guys in regards to Ezekiel's temple, it seems to be a permanent temple forever, even to the outer gates. Yet how to reconcile that with 'no Temple in the New Jerusalem', which is Christ (and the Temple of His body), and Christ reigning on Earth prior to that in a literal Temple is hard. Does not the Ezekiel Temple use a purely Jewish Law system? That is why I think the Temple will be 'initially' Jewish in origin, but then when Christ comes, or when He is revealed to them as The sacrificial Lamb 'already' slain, 'then' that the Temple rituals stop and the Temple is then filled with believers in Christ the true Lamb of God (and the sacrifices of atonement stop). Am I correct to believe the Prince is Christ Jesus?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Psalm3704

Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No, you misunderstood me, there is no longer any Jews or Gentiles as per Colossians 3:11 and Ephesians 2:14-16.

Below you said Jews represents the land. So now you're saying the sea means both Jews and gentiles?

So let's go back to Revelation 21:1, now you're claiming there will be no more people on earth?

Revelation 21:1 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟285,822.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

Colossians 3:11 is not denying the existence of those things, but rather it is saying that those distinctions are not grounds for discrimination. We can all come to Christ equally. Ephesians 2:14-16 is speaking about laws such as mentioned in Acts 10:28 that prevented Jews from worshiping with Gentiles, not denying the existence of Jews or Gentiles.

Reactions: Psalm3704
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Luke 21:25 (CEB) "There will be signs in the sun, moon, and stars. On the earth, there will be dismay among nations in their confusion over the roaring of the sea and surging waves.

So Luke was prophetically talking about people?

No, no--that is prophetic--but symbols are not used here--it's still talking literal--sun, moon, stars. Symbolic prophesy, as when animals, strange creatures, other symbols are used in the passage. A beast emerging out of the sea--might be indicative of a power (nation) emerging from a populated place, from land would be not well populated.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Psalm3704

Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
1Co 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

Everyone is talking about the temple in the holy land and this one decides to drift to Mars. /sadface.

1 Corinthians 14:33 ESV
For God is not a God of confusion but of peace. As in all the churches of the saints,

Upvote 0

Psalm3704

Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You're kidding, right? Quoting from the Bible is "drifting to Mars" now?

2 Peter 3:16 This is what he says in all his letters when he writes on the subject. There are some difficult things in his letters which ignorant and unstable people explain falsely, as they do with other passages of the Scriptures. So they bring on their own destruction.

Some people just can't understand Paul's writing.

Upvote 0