AnticipateHisComing

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If Jesus walked on water, why wasn't the ground he walked on hallowed?

In the OT when God appeared to man, he demanded respect and to be worshiped.
Exodus 3:5 “Do not come any closer,” God said. “Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground.”​

Most call these OT appearances of God, Christophanies, which are preincarnate appearances of the 2nd person of the Trinity, the Son of God. So if preincarnate Jesus demanded to be worshiped, why did Jesus not demand this? The only time I see Jesus being worshiped was when he was a baby, by the shepherds and the wise men.

The only thought I have is related to
Hebrews 2:9 But we do see Jesus, who was made lower than the angels for a little while, now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.​

Now don't say or even accuse another of thinking that this means Jesus was not fully God because the moderators will shut down the thread. I think it has to do with the glory Jesus had not being the same as the glory he has in heaven. Jesus prayed to be returned to the glory he had before creation.
John 17:5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.​

I also think the transfiguration was a glimpse of Jesus in his greater glory.
Luke 9:29 As he was praying, the appearance of his face changed, and his clothes became as bright as a flash of lightning. 30 Two men, Moses and Elijah, appeared in glorious splendor, talking with Jesus. 32 Peter and his companions were very sleepy, but when they became fully awake, they saw his glory and the two men standing with him.​

Any other ideas?

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Jesus is Gods son, to come to us to teach us how to be and act and live, if he demanded worship, then we would also have to do the same.

Jesus taught us all to humble our self so we could learn to love each other and to serve each other not to worship each other.

If you read all of Jesus words then you will see how perfection is achievable in Jesus only and there is no other way to achieve perfection. If you humble your self to all people, then you will achieve perfection.

As if you worship the world and it is evil, then you worship the devil.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟917,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Joh 12:12 On the next day much people that were come to the feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem,
Joh 12:13 Took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord.
Joh 12:14 And Jesus, when he had found a young ass, sat thereon; as it is written,
Joh 12:15 Fear not, daughter of Sion: behold, thy King cometh, sitting on an ass's colt.

Upvote 0

AnticipateHisComing

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord.
To me it looks like they thought Jesus an earthly king and not God. There is also Mary's anointing and the post resurrection clinging by Mary. Regardless, nothing like the OT appearances.

Any ideas on my question?

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟917,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟917,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Mat_2:11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.

Jesus was worshiped.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟917,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Mat 8:1 When he was come down from the mountain, great multitudes followed him.
Mat 8:2 And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.

Jesus was worshiped.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

In the OT when God appeared to man, he demanded respect and to be worshiped.
Exodus 3:5 “Do not come any closer,” God said. “Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground.”

The ground was only 'holy' while God was present in the incident of the burning bush.

Jesus while on earth had discarded many aspects of his role and position as the second person of the trinity.
He was truely a man so did not require to be worshipped.

Upvote 0

AnticipateHisComing

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mat_2:11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.

Jesus was worshiped.
Mentioned in the OP. Did you read it? Can you address either of the two questions mentioned in the OP?

So if preincarnate Jesus demanded to be worshiped, why did Jesus not demand this?

Upvote 0

AnticipateHisComing

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The ground was only 'holy' while God was present in the incident of the burning bush.

Jesus while on earth had discarded many aspects of his role and position as the second person of the trinity.
He was truely a man so did not require to be worshipped.
He was still God though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AnticipateHisComing

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the NRSV Jesus asks us to Follow Him 41 times the only being that asked to be worshipped was Satan when he tempted Jesus. I am not saying we should not worship I am saying we should Follow.
This is something to remember, because it is prophesied that Satan will take human form and demand to be worshiped.

2 Thessalonians 2:3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

But, I still don't have a very good answer to my question.

Upvote 0

gordonhooker

Franciscan tssf
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2012
Wellington Point, QLD
Visit site
✟274,602.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
This is something to remember, because it is prophesied that Satan will take human form and demand to be worshiped.

2 Thessalonians 2:3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

But, I still don't have a very good answer to my question.

You may want to clarify your question.

Upvote 0