London, UK
✟823,917.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
People need a God they can touch ... and people still have hard time accepting the measure of the love that God expressed via his son for themselves.

He was fully God at birth but he did not know he was ...

Idolaters need gods of wood and stone and metal which they hold. True believers have always reached by faith into the Cloud of Unknowing and embraced Gods mystery.

To talk of a development of Christs consciousness is to imply the essence of knowing or connecting to the divine is something that requires adult wording to articulate. My own conviction is that Christ always “knew” who He was and that did not contradict the more gradual development of his human capabilities

Upvote 0

Scott Husted

Apr 8, 2020
Virginia Beach
✟57,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Idolaters need gods of wood and stone and metal which they hold. True believers have always reached by faith into the Cloud of Unknowing and embraced Gods mystery.

To talk of a development of Christs consciousness is to imply the essence of knowing or connecting to the divine is something that requires adult wording to articulate. My own conviction is that Christ always “knew” who He was and that did not contradict the more gradual development of his human capabilities

Isa 7:15 Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good.

John 8:28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

The Unseen can only be accessed by faith, but christians for the most part tend to be more infatuated with flesh and blood then they are with what they cannot see.

Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
But that primary, key essential beginning mistake Arius made -- to think He could encompass God in his thoughts and understanding, and specify God -- that's a mistake anyone of us could make today, if we don't take God seriously when He says His thoughts/ways are above our understanding.

So, one could make that mistake even arguing against Arius: to think he didn't understand God but we do.

No, we only know what God has revealed to us, and not more. Put another way, God isn't less than us, that we could know all about Him, but higher than us instead.

This is the essence of our understanding, we are finite: God is infinite. How can we possibly understand all about Him? We make labels and pin them on our definitions of the Godhead even when they really fall short of reality.

We are not given when the Word/Logos was created but only He was with God in the beginning in Genesis 1:1. The beginning of what we are not sure as God has no beginning. Jesus Himself said His Father was greater than He (John 14:28). Also, if we have the Son, we have the Father (1 John 2:23). :oldthumbsup:

• Useful
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0