Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Meh just asked for what each one wanted, not more debate that to this point has been fruitless. As the originator of this topic I ask that it be lkept open only long enough for people to make one post stating what they want done and then I request that it be closed.

Upvote 0

JimfromOhio

Life of Trials :)
Feb 7, 2004
Central Ohio
✟60,248.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
That is because WOF is the favorite target of heresy hunters. ;)

It's up to those that know the truth to defend against false teaching whatever the cost to unity or to personal benefit. Discernment is not a matter of simply telling the difference between right and wrong; rather it is telling the difference between right and almost right.

Upvote 0

JimfromOhio

Feb 7, 2004
Central Ohio
✟60,248.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Meh just asked for what each one wanted, not more debate that to this point has been fruitless. As the originator of this topic I ask that it be lkept open only long enough for people to make one post stating what they want done and then I request that it be closed.

I agree.

Upvote 0

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
It's up to those that know the truth to defend against false teaching whatever the cost to unity or to personal benefit. Discernment is not a matter of simply telling the difference between right and wrong; rather it is telling the difference between right and almost right.
This is exactly why this congregatioonal area needs to be made into two congregational areas, if not we will just keep doing this over and over and over as we have for the last five years to almost noones benefit and certainly not to CFs benefit

Upvote 0

Simon Peter

14th Generation PROTESTant
Mar 4, 2004
America
✟4,491.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is exactly why this congregatioonal area needs to be made into two congregational areas, if not we will just keep doing this over and over and over as we have for the last five years to almost noones benefit and certainly not to CFs benefit

Two congregational areas :scratch: There are three groups:

Pentecostal
WoF
Charismatic/non-Wof

How do you get two from that?

peace,
Simon

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Joy

May 21, 2004
B'ham
✟1,403,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would like to see this forum for fellowship between everyone with no debate allowed.
Then there would be seperate forums for WOF members and Non WOF members. But I would like to see both forums existing without being critical of each group's beliefs.

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I think we have more than enough forums in the SFPC forum so, no, I do not think another forum will accomplish anything. :wave:

~Jim
Christianity without signs and wonders is just another religion.

Upvote 0

KingZzub

Blessed to Be A Blessing
Dec 23, 2005
Dagenham
Visit site
✟19,473.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
Why do you think WoF is the favourite target of so called "heresy hunters"?

peace,
Simon

Several reasons. Their immaturity, their ignorance of God's Word, envy. Among others.

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Um, I think the OP asked for a comment on this (from #541 above) ...

… not for sarcasm or keeping the debate going.

~Jim

Christianity without signs and wonders is just another religion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KingZzub

Blessed to Be A Blessing
Dec 23, 2005
Dagenham
Visit site
✟19,473.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
Ok then Jim, seen as you are now the forum police, I shall make my suggestions:

1. Delete the non-WoF forum. There should be no forum for the purpose of being non-anything.

2. Stop people who regularly mock and deride the charismatic gifts from posting on this forum. People who believe that tongues is only for missionaries, or so on and so forth. People who are essentially non-charismatic.

Upvote 0

JimfromOhio

Feb 7, 2004
Central Ohio
✟60,248.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Several reasons. Their immaturity, their ignorance of God's Word, envy. Among others.

Really? It is appropriate that certain doctrines be born in the hedonistic, self-centered, get-rich-quick. We are, by nature, pagan. When the mind wants to know God, the flesh imposes ignorance, darkness, error and trivial thoughts.When divisions are rife, it is bound to happen that what is in our minds will soon erupt in real conflict. For while nothing is more effective for joining us together, and there is nothing which does more to unite our minds, and keep them peaceful, than agreement, yet if disagreement has somehow arisen in connection with it, the inevitable result is that we are quickly stirred up to engage in fighting, and there is no other field with fiercer disputes. The simplicity of of certain teachings gives what the complexity of human wisdom promises but never delivers. True wisdom, which will help us make our way through this complex time, begins by acknowledging the Lord and humbling ourselves before Him (Pr. 9:10).

Upvote 0

JimfromOhio

Feb 7, 2004
Central Ohio
✟60,248.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

1. Delete the non-WoF forum. There should be no forum for the purpose of being non-anything.

2. Stop people who regularly mock and deride the charismatic gifts from posting on this forum. People who believe that tongues is only for missionaries, or so on and so forth. People who are essentially non-charismatic.

Charismatics emphasize that the purpose of spiritual gifts is to build up the church and enrich worship of God, not to gratify the individual such as speaking in tongues as evidence.

Upvote 0

TasManOfGod

Untatted Saint
Sep 15, 2003
Tasmania
✟26,515.00
Faith
Word of Faith

yeah
That seems fair enough

Upvote 0

meh

Legend
Feb 22, 2006
✟52,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

closing. thanks for the input everyone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

meh

Legend
Feb 22, 2006
✟52,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
BTW...there have been several posts in this thread reported, and all that I've seen would be actionable under normal circumstances. However, I encouraged, or hoped to encourage, just get it all out there responses and postings because it was time to do it, number one, and number two, it gives insight to the issues facing the section. So I'm closing out all those reports I see.

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.