• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

Why Trump should win his NY hush money trial

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟165,239.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Enjoy your derail, i’m out.
Look they could have got Trump if they just made a strong case on something he actually did with ethical prosecutors going after him, instead of charging him with so many charges they turned him into a victim and having the gang that couldn’t shoot straight go after him.
Not to mention charging him with things that they chose not to charge others for when they did the same thing.
He was not my choice but I can’t say I’m not enjoying seeing all this blow up in their faces

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟169,292.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Look they could have got Trump if they just made a strong case on something he actually did with ethical prosecutors going after him, instead of charging him with so many charges they turned him into a victim and having the gang that couldn’t shoot straight go after him.
Not to mention charging him with things that they chose not to charge others for when they did the same thing.
He was not my choice but I can’t say I’m not enjoying seeing all this blow up in their faces
The whole of the prosecution team have to be squeaky-clean in order to get a conviction to stand?
Where in Blackstone’s is this writ?

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟930,559.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
A jury of never-trumpers like me would acquit him and still not vote for him.
thank you while I happen to intend to support Trump it is nice to know there are still people out there who would aquit OR convict based on the actual facts that come out at trial.

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟586,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Bald Hill, 1864
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟326,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

I don't recall all of the details, but didn't Paula Jones *sue* Bill Clinton? (It was for that suit that he falsely testified before the grand jury, right?)

That would make the payment to Ms. Jones a settlement in a lawsuit, right?
Something done in full view of the public, right?
In 1998, Bill Clinton wasn't a candidate for anything, so it couldn't be a campaign finance violation.

There were ways Mr. Trump could have paid-off Ms. Clifford without breaking the law. A payment out of personal funds (not company funds) which was lumped into his "in kind" contribution to the campaign (ie, campaign related expenditures made directly by Mr. Trump which could include things like providing his own private plane) in a way that was legal and vague enough to not give away a recipient of payment.

Instead, Mr. Trump used the funds of his business to repay his lawyer, Mr. Cohen, for a payment he'd already induced and recorded the payments as legal fees. In doing so, he induced the business and Mr. Cohen to make illegal campaign contributions and made false entries in the official records of the business. Those false records are the charged crimes and frankly the case is pretty cut-and-dried. The falsification of the records in pursuance of another crime (campaign finance fraud) turns those false records charges into a felony.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟383,571.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
The way the "I don't like Trump but" crowd is speaking, I imagine the lawyers, despite the TREMENDOUS trouble Trump is having with getting reasonably qualified and competent lawyers to stand for him, will have ABSOLUTELY no trouble at all getting this case dismissed.

There is no ACTUAL and REAL impropriety here and so Trump is GUARANTEED to get off, after a very short and crumbling case, falls to naught within the judicial system.

Is that the prevailing sentiment here.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟586,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
lol

Even as a judge was hearing arguments on last-minute issues in a criminal case that centers on salacious allegations and threatens to upend his bid for the presidency, Mr. Trump appeared to nod off a few times, his mouth going slack and his head drooping onto his chest.

The former president’s lead lawyer, Todd Blanche, passed him notes for several minutes before Mr. Trump appeared to jolt awake and notice them.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟165,239.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't recall all of the details, but didn't Paula Jones *sue* Bill Clinton? (It was for that suit that he falsely testified before the grand jury, right?)

That would make the payment to Ms. Jones a settlement in a lawsuit, right?
Something done in full view of the public, right?
In 1998, Bill Clinton wasn't a candidate for anything, so it couldn't be a campaign finance violation.

There were ways Mr. Trump could have paid-off Ms. Clifford without breaking the law. A payment out of personal funds (not company funds) which was lumped into his "in kind" contribution to the campaign (ie, campaign related expenditures made directly by Mr. Trump which could include things like providing his own private plane) in a way that was legal and vague enough to not give away a recipient of payment.

Instead, Mr. Trump used the funds of his business to repay his lawyer, Mr. Cohen, for a payment he'd already induced and recorded the payments as legal fees. In doing so, he induced the business and Mr. Cohen to make illegal campaign contributions and made false entries in the official records of the business. Those false records are the charged crimes and frankly the case is pretty cut-and-dried. The falsification of the records in pursuance of another crime (campaign finance fraud) turns those false records charges into a felony.
Then they should have him if that’s the case.. If it’s as you say it should be easy to get a conviction then

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟586,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
They put him in a pretty plain looking courtroom. I would've expected a case of this profile to get one of the bigger, fancier rooms.

1713206783494.png

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,823,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
ADVISOR HAT

This thread is closed for review and clean up. The topic is the New York trial and not the Georgia trial.

EDIT: This thread had a small clean up of off topic posts. Keep the posts to this trial in New York. If you want to discuss the future Georgia trial, start your own thread. Stay on topic and don't make me thread ban you because I will.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟586,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
  • Haha
Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟165,239.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hans Blaster

Bald Hill, 1864
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟326,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
They put him in a pretty plain looking courtroom. I would've expected a case of this profile to get one of the bigger, fancier rooms.

View attachment 345950
If he wanted a fancier courtroom, he should have committed a fancier crime. Perhaps he could have shot someone on 5th Avenue...

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟586,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If he wanted a fancier courtroom, he should have committed a fancier crime. Perhaps he could have shot someone on 5th Avenue...
Perhaps.

Here in Baltimore, once we have jury duty, we're eligible to serve again after only a year. That, combined with the high crime rates and the high percentage of our population with criminal records (and thus likely to be ineligible and/or struck), leaves we law-abiding folks with plenty of opportunity to see the inside of a courtroom. I'd been a couple times and wound up in rooms similar to Trump's. IIRC, one of those cases was a murder and was projected to take something like 3-5 days. The next time I went, I got called to a courtroom on the top floor with about 10x as many people as the last time. I walk in and see 20' ceilings, fancy moulding, walls adorned with larger-than-life portraits of retired judges, and some very nice suits up front. Immediately I think, "if they put the murderers in the basement, what the heck is this?" Turns out it was some big RICO gang thing with drugs and contract killings that the judge said they expected to take a couple months. I actually kind of like jury duty, but that was the one time I was tempted to pretend to be a cop hater or something.

Upvote 0

perplexed

Jun 22, 2005
✟118,627.00
Faith
Seeker
A jury of never-trumpers like me would acquit him and still not vote for him.
yes, I am pretty shocked anyone would instantly Assume a Never Trumper would be incapable of letting Trump getting away with what everyone else gets away with.

Lots of Never Trumpers understand the concept that people should be treated equally under the law

Upvote 0