Why Should We Reject Creationism?

Why should creationism not be taught as fact?

• There is no scientific evidence supporting any form of creationism

• Religious ideals do not belong in public schools

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Notedstrangeperson

Jul 3, 2008
✟12,024.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
The vast majority of evolutionists - theistic or atheistic - say that we should not teach creationism as fact. But should we not teach it because religion has no place in public schools or because it is simply unscientific?

It'll be interesting to see what "Other" answers there could be: maybe there are a few creationists who also think creationism shouldn't be taught in public schools. Perhaps some evolutionists are against it being taught in public schools but not in private, religious schools - or maybe they support teaching creationism because it will show students how weak the evidence is. :p

[EDIT] The option "Religious ideals should not be taught in public schools" means that ideas based on religion should not be presented as facts - this doesn't include religious concepts than being taught as part of history or religious studies.

Last edited:

astein

Mar 1, 2013
✟2,254.00
Faith
Christian
Don't wonder, as if some strange thing had happened unto you. Truth about God is rejected by the entire perishing world. If they reject you in one place, shake the dust off your feet. The Holy Bible proves that God created all this. If one's faith is vexed by a determination of dates and times, then that one is weak if the faith concerning eternal salvation. Esteem the lowly, encourage and pray for the weak, though they struggle a wicked affliction against their soul, God provides enough to overcome, through His believers also. Family love(family of God), overcomes all doubts. Sturdy your shield.

Upvote 0

Notedstrangeperson

Jul 3, 2008
✟12,024.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Wiccan_Child said:
I chose the first option, as I don't agree with the second one; religious ideals do belong in school - primarily in the Religious Education class.
Well I did say "we should not teach creationism as fact" - that is, whether religious ideals should be presented as undeniable facts. I think I'll clarify that point.

Upvote 0

FrenchyBearpaw

Take time for granite.
Jun 13, 2011
✟4,283.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Don't wonder, as if some strange thing had happened unto you. Truth about God is rejected by the entire perishing world. If they reject you in one place, shake the dust off your feet. The Holy Bible proves that God created all this. If one's faith is vexed by a determination of dates and times, then that one is weak if the faith concerning eternal salvation. Esteem the lowly, encourage and pray for the weak, though they struggle a wicked affliction against their soul, God provides enough to overcome, through His believers also. Family love(family of God), overcomes all doubts. Sturdy your shield.

Translation: People believe what they will themselves to believe.

Upvote 0

JustMeSee

Contributor
Feb 9, 2008
In my living room.
✟23,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I chose the first option, as I don't agree with the second one; religious ideals do belong in school - primarily in the Religious Education class.
+1

No one religion should be taught in public schools as fact.

Upvote 0

astein

Mar 1, 2013
✟2,254.00
Faith
Christian
Translation: People believe what they will themselves to believe.

All that believe in God understand that God created all.

The 4000-5000 years restriction is premature and requires better interpretation.

John 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

God = Creator. The Holy Bible claim's it.

Upvote 0

FrenchyBearpaw

Take time for granite.
Jun 13, 2011
✟4,283.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
All that believe in God understand that God created all.

The 4000-5000 years restriction is premature and requires better interpretation.

John 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

God = Creator. The Holy Bible claim's it.

How do you know the bible is right?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

troodon

Be wise and be smart
Dec 16, 2002
University of Iowa
Visit site
✟17,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
If the evidence suggested that the earth was ~6000 years old and had once experienced a global flood then those facts would have to be taught in science classes, and our science would have to accommodate those details. So that's pretty much the central problem for creationism in my mind, that it isn't true.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

astein

Mar 1, 2013
✟2,254.00
Faith
Christian
If the evidence suggested that the earth was ~6000 years old and had once experienced a global flood then those facts would have to be taught in science classes, and our science would have to accommodate those details. So that's pretty much the central problem for creationism in my mind, that it isn't true.

I, however, can picture mountains shaped by a flood. You go Noah, my friend.

Rejecting a fact based on ones disbelief in a higher calling doesn't make a fact, less of a fact.

Upvote 0

freezerman2000

Living and dying in 3/4 time
Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I, however, can picture mountains shaped by a flood. You go Noah, my friend.

Rejecting a fact based on ones disbelief in a higher calling doesn't make a fact, less of a fact.

Be careful not to question another person's faith..it is reportable and against forum rules.

Upvote 0