Shouldn't Creationism be taught at public schools?

Job 33:6

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
All the time I hear Christians insist that Creationism is a science. In that case--shouldn't Creationism be taught at public schools? After all, Evolution is taught at public schools, so why not Creation Science as well?
The Bible describes ancient near east cosmology, not science.
Screenshot_20231207-181736~2.png

Upvote 0

olgamc

Mar 10, 2024
Huntsville
✟6,134.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Science is a study of nature. But what is nature? For someone who believes in God, nature is God's creation, and therefore science is the study of God's creation, and therefore you can't study God's creation and exclude the process of creation as revealed by the Creator to Moses in Genesis.

But since existence of God can't be proven or disproven, it would be scientifically incorrect to say that God exists. Science is the study of the observable physical world. God is not observable, nor is He physical. So the study of God is called theology and it is not science.

With that perspective, creationism is not pure science, but a combination of science and theology. And since theology is banned from schools, so is creationism.

Scientific method is taught at school, or at least they somewhat try. In my opinion, they should teach the scientific method, and they should teach that there is a THEORY of macro-evolution, but it's just a theory, because it can't be observed or reproduced in a lab, and that other theories exist such as creation, and that evidence exists to support both, but there is not enough evidence to definitively prove one or the other. And that in fact you can't prove creation with science, because as stated above, you can't prove the existence of Creator with science.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
All the time I hear Christians insist that Creationism is a science. In that case--shouldn't Creationism be taught at public schools? After all, Evolution is taught at public schools, so why not Creation Science as well?
Kitzmiller v. Dover settled that one. No, religion can't be taught in public schools until you repeal the Bill of Rights.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
No, religion can't be taught in public schools until you repeal the Bill of Rights.
You do not have to repeal the Bill of Rights when you have a proper understanding. The liberals want to turn the Bill of Rights into toilet paper so they can take away the rights that we have. They do the same thing with the constitution. Biden has worked for years on his liberal agenda to disregard the traditional understanding of the constitution. He wants to Bork anyone that does not agree with him. Liberals do not believe we are entitled to an opinion other than their opinion. The idea that everyone is entitled to their opinion died with the WW2 Veterans. They were willing to fight for people to have an opinion even if it was different from their own opinion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
religion can't be taught in public schools until you repeal the Bill of Rights.
Swing and a miss. Nice try though. Religion CAN be taught, you just can not require religion to be taught. Of course the liberal agenda is threatened by any opinion other than their own. So they fight against people having a different opinion all the time thinking they are entitled to their opinions. We have the right to OUR opinions ONLY when we are willing to allow others to have their opinion if we agree or not.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You do not have to repeal the Bill of Rights when you have a proper understanding.
Fact is, the Founders specifically outlawed the establishment of religion in any fashion, while outlawing any regulation of religion. Hence, my daughter could pray openly with her friends in school wherever it didn't interfere in teaching, but the school could not in any way sponsor prayer for any religion whatever.

It's the right way and it's the American way. Sorry you disagree.

The liberals want to turn the Bill of Rights into toilet paper so they can take rights away the rights that we have.
You don't sound like a liberal. And yet you want to take away our religious freedoms.
They do the same thing with the constitution.
The Bill of Rights is in the Constitution. I'm beginning to see what the problem is here...
Biden has worked for years on his liberal agenda to disregard the traditional understanding of the constitution.
So far, Biden's actions seem to support our freedoms. Do you have a specific act in mind?
He wants to Bork anyone that does not agree with him.
He wants to reject people who disagree with him, for their past misbehavior? Got an example?
Liberals do not believe we are entitled to an opinion other than their opinion.
You seem to have confused "liberal" and "MAGA."
The idea that everyone is entitled to their opinion died with the WW2 Veterans.
Odd then, that people of different races and religions are now more free than they were in the past.
They were willing to fight for people to have an opinion even if it was different from their own opinion.
Most everyone who served with me during the Vietnam era, thought we had pledged to support those rights. It must be just terrible where you're living right now.

Reactions: Yarddog
Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
You don't sound like a liberal. And yet you want to take away our religious freedoms.
Now you are accusing me of what you are guilty of. Take the log our of your eye so you can help me with the speck in mine.

Matthew 7:5

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Most everyone who served with me during the Vietnam era
Now, there you go. I refused to go to Vietnam and take part in a unjust war that was creating drug addicts and prostitutes. The government actually did respect this in that they did eliminate the draft. Although my older brother had to do civil service work to avoid being drafted. I did graduate from basic training in the 70's though. And there are people who do respect that I may have a different opinion or make a different choice from the one they made. Just as they are untitled to their opinion's, so I am entitled to mine. But that goes BACK to the WW2 vets not the Vietnam Vets. No I was not a "conscience objector".

The Bible is very clear that we are to LOVE our Enemy and that is exactly what I did.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Swing and a miss. Nice try though. Religion CAN be taught, you just can not require religion to be taught.
Nope. Religion cannot be part of the school curriculum. You see, the First Amendment provides freedom from religion as well as freedom of religion.

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Of course the white nationalist agenda is threatened by any opinion other than their own, so they want to force their beliefs into public schools.
We have the right to OUR opinions ONLY when we are willing to allow others to have their opinion if we agree or not.
We always have rights to our opinions. What we can't do, is have public schools endorse ours by promoting religion of any sort. No school-prescribed prayers, religious symbols, or whatever. At the same time, kids can pray in school so long as they don't impose on others, wear religious articles, and even express religious ideas.

The school can't, but they can. And that's just how it should be.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Now, there you go. I refused to go to Vietnam and take part in a unjust war that was creating drug addicts and prostitutes.
Not judging you. I know people who didn't want to go, some of them for ethical reasons. Not everyone was like Donald Trump, who considered us "suckers" and "losers" for going. And BTW, most of my fellow troops had nothing to do with drugs. You were really brainwashed on that one.

The government actually did respect this in that they did eliminate the draft.
Not in time for me. But I managed to get two degrees out of it, so it wasn't that bad a thing.

And there are people who do respect that I may have a different opinion or make a different choice from the one they made. Just as they are untitled to their opinion's, so I am entitled to mine. But that goes BACK to the WW2 vets not the Vietnam Vets.
I'm proof that you have it wrong.

No I was not a "conscience objector".
Neither was Trump. He was just a coward and a loser. I assume you were better than that.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Now you are accusing me of what you are guilty of.
Nope. You're the one who objects to the First Amendment, not me. I think it's critical to our freedoms.

Take the log our of your eye so you can help me with the speck in mine.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
So far, Biden's actions seem to support our freedoms. Do you have a specific act in mind?
So what are you saying? If Biden supports freedom does that mean trump wants to take freedom away from people.?
Religion cannot be part of the school curriculum.
Religion is everything to me. So you are saying I cannot be a part of your curriculum. It is ok for the liberal agenda to permeate your agenda but conservatism is banned and prohibited from having opinions that differs from your own?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

(declines to answer)
Neither does anyone else. Let's move on, then...

If Biden supports freedom does that mean trump wants to take freedom away from people.?
Trump says he'll only do that for one day. But if you believe that you'll pretty much believe anything.

Religion cannot be part of the public school curriculum.

Religion is everything to me.
Fortunately, the Constitution gives you freedom to practice your religion, just as it gives other people freedom from anyone imposing it on them. Which seems like the way things should be, don't you agree?

So you are saying I cannot be a part of your curriculum.
Your religious beliefs can't. Religious freedom, remember?
It is ok for the liberal agenda to permeate your agenda
I didn't know agendas could have agendas. Your duckspeak is undoublegood, comrade.

but conservatism is banned and prohibited
I wasn't aware that conservatism is a religion. How do you figure that?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I didn't know agendas could have agendas. Your duckspeak is undoublegood, comrade.
Perhaps you are guilty of double speak. I said: "It is ok for the liberal agenda to permeate your agenda". I ran it though AI and it came out: "It's acceptable for liberal principles to influence your perspective." I would hardly consider that double speak. "Doublethink" is a concept introduced in George Orwell's novel "1984." Did you even read the book?

If you'd like, I can use AI to rewrite my posts to enhance clarity and improve understanding for you. Or as Billy Graham would say: "If you desire, I can utilize AI to rephrase my messages in order to enhance clarity and facilitate better comprehension for you."

Or just name the person and I well use AI to translate my words into their language. So you can understand what I am saying.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Perhaps you are guilty of double speak. I said: "It is ok for the liberal agenda to permeate your agenda".

I ran it though AI...
Well, that might be part of the problem, I suppose.
If you'd like, I can use AI to rewrite my posts to enhance clarity and improve understanding for you.
Perhaps if you'd just write for clarity to begin with (which would mean you'd have to stop writing in slogans) it would world better for you. It's a common habit of extremist groups to use "agenda" as a pejorative. You just overdid it that time. Maybe limit duckspeak to one term per sentence.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps if you'd just write for clarity to begin with (which would mean you'd have to stop writing in slogans) it would world better for you. It's a common habit of extremist groups to use "agenda" as a pejorative. You just overdid it that time. Maybe limit duckspeak to one term per sentence.
Like I said: I took four teacher training classes. Not to learn WHAT to teach, I wanted to learn HOW to teach. If you take six of the classes you can get certified to be a Sunday school supertendant at any church in the country. I attended an accredited Bible College. I am not a natural teacher though. It is something I have to learn. We all have gifts, talents and abilities.

What sort of degree do they need to be a Youth Pastor in your church? Like I said, I have not finished the program but I did take some classes. I could still finish if I wanted to. They do offer the program on the internet now so people around the world could attend.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps if you'd just write for clarity to begin with (which would mean you'd have to stop writing in slogans)
Interesting proposition. Now did you want to have a talk about Jesus and how He would teach. Sense he is an example for us and we are to do all we can to be as He was. Notice for example Jesus liked to tell stories. He wanted people to remember what He was teaching. So it is very interesting to study Jesus and how He would teach people back in His day. Of course we all remember the time he turned the tables over and drove the money changers out of the temple. That was an interesting way to teach a lesson in a way that people remembered.

I remember when I was younger and I would get into a fight with my wife. I would flip the table over. I broke a lap top computer doing that once. We do not remember what we were fighting about but she does remember when I use to flip the table like that. At first she would clean up the mess but then she said she would leave it the way it was so I had to clean it up.

No wonder they had Him arrested. When you start messing with the payola people notice.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Perhaps if you'd just write for clarity to begin with (which would mean you'd have to stop writing in slogans)

Interesting proposition.
Start with this understanding. Agendas don't have agendas. Because the word has become a rightwing buzz for ideas that scare or annoy them, it really has no content other than a squawk of disapproval. Try to do better.

Now did you want to have a talk about Jesus and how He would teach.
There's a reason He didn't blather to the pharisees about the legalism agenda permeating their agendas. Think about it.
Notice for example Jesus liked to tell stories.
Not so much about agendas having agendas.
I remember when I was younger and I would get into a fight with my wife. I would flip the table over. I broke a lap top computer doing that once. We do not remember what we were fighting about but she does remember when I use to flip the table like that.
If one has a temper, it's probably better to displace rage against objects as opposed to people, bad as that choice might be.

Upvote 0