Arcadia
✟200,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
These are the subjects that I see that most do not see , my opinion .

#1 Most can not agree how SAUL was saved ?
#2. Or how Saul received the Holy Spirit ?
#3 Many say we are now under the NEW COVENANT , why ?
#4 Many believe that Paul water baptized , why ?
#5 Many believe that the BODY of Christ is the BRIDE of Christ , why ?
#6 Many refuse to believe that Israel was SET ASIDE , why ?
#7 And most fail to see , how Jews are saved under under the Law , today ?
#8 Will anyone explain , why any believer , of today will be resurrected ?
#9 Why do many say that there is ONLY one GOSPEL and IF that is true , how was Adam and Eve saved ?
#10 Or explain , how anyone is in the FAITH for Today under GRACE ?

dan p

Last edited:

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,965.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

#6 Many refuse to believe that was SET ASIDE , why ?
#9 Why do many say that there is ONLY one GOSPEL and IF that is true , how was Adam and Eve saved ?

dan p

Yeah my suspicions on the misunderstanding of this book would be summarized as people trying to make the ancient believers conform to how they think they should behave (as modern Evangelicals etc.) rather than what was true for their times as Jewish believers of the Second Temple era who were just beginning to understand the meaning of the Good News.

Last edited:
Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟220,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Because Jesus said so:

Luke 22:20 And likewise the cup after supper, saying, “This cup which is poured out for you is the new covenant in my blood. RSVCE

• Winner
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

dan p
How can you support those points, it is one thing to ask questions in an effort to create doubt, it is another thing to be able to support your beliefs.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟220,479.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because Jesus said so:

Luke 22:20 And likewise the cup after supper, saying, “This cup which is poured out for you is the new covenant in my blood. RSVCE

Why do you think Jesus was speaking to gentiles in his 1st coming, after you read Matthew 10:5 and Matthew 15:24?

Reactions: glorydaz
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟917,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

dan p
I imagine there are rules for this forum that one must subscribe to Dispensationalism. I think if you post under controversial you may get some better interaction. I would like to address the teachings of John Hagee. Blessings

Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

dan p

Hi the Bible speaks of Abraham believing God and it was accounted to him for righteousness. Now that is salvation through faith by grace. Read all of Hebrews the hall of faith chapter and we see even Lot was deemed righteous and he certainly did nothing good recored like Abraham and that shows the grace of God. Now Jesus told of Lazarus and the rich man both dead and in the earth where there were two zones. One of the zones was a place of comfort and the other a place of torment and a barrier was in-between. Jesus dies and descended into hell and that is not the place of torment but the place where Abraham was and all the righteous since Adam and when He declared it is finished the price of redemption was paid for and all that were counted righteous were now redeemed by the blood of the lamb and they were taken to heaven. In Rev 5 we see Jesus take the scroll and open the seal and the multitude sing that Jesus is worthy to take the scroll and open the seal for he has redeemed them be his blood out of every tribe tongue kindred and nation. So all the redeemed are there by the blood of Jesus as they by believing God were counted righteous waited for the day He conquered sin and death and brought them to heaven. So no one was saved through the law or the day of atonement and these rituals without faith were nothing and they all pointed to the real redeemer which is Christ. Now as for Paul / Saul the LORD called him and at some point Paul believed and was saved and at conversion you are filled with the Holy Spirit which is a different experience than being baptized with the Spirit.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟220,479.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi the Bible speaks of Abraham believing God and it was accounted to him for righteousness. Now that is salvation through faith by grace.

Those people who believe this, based on Genesis 15:5-6 and Galatians 3:8, the main question is, if Abraham refused physical circumcision, after God told him Genesis 17:14, would he still have been cut off by God?

Of course, merely saying "But Abraham would never have refused physical circumcision", is not answering my question

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟200,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, what do you mean here? What was set aside?
Israel was set aside , 2 Cor 3:13-15 and verse 14 says it is being ABOLISHED by CHRIST .

And verse15 and UNTIL THIS DAY , Paul wrote , a covering lies upon their Heart .

dan p

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟200,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because Jesus said so:

And context is VERY important , and do you ggree !!

Here is what Luke 22:20 really is SAYING to us !

#1 The first Greek word is THE / HO and is the Greek Definite ARTICILE and the Greek word THE is pointing to the CUP and also to the New Testament .

#2 The Greek word for TESTAMENT / DIATHEKE can be translated by the following English words , WILL , COMPACT , TESTAMENT , COVENANT or ARRANGEMENT .

#3 The Greek words , IS SHED / EKCHEO is in thr Greek PRESENT TENSE and i A PARTICIPLE .

#4 The PRESENT TENSE means it was already shed , the Passive voice MEANS that Christ was the one that shed his blood , and the PARTICIPLE means it was still being shed and is in the NOMINATIVE CASE and is the subject .

#5 And was shed for YOU / HYMON which is a PERSONAL POSSESSIVE PRONOUN , and means something that belongs to a specific person , and it means Israel .

dan p

Upvote 0

Friedrich Rubinstein

Aug 20, 2020
Europe
Visit site
✟177,195.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Israel was set aside , 2 Cor 3:13-15 and verse 14 says it is being ABOLISHED by CHRIST .

And verse15 and UNTIL THIS DAY , Paul wrote , a covering lies upon their Heart .

dan p
Israel is temporarily hardened for the Gentile's sake, yes. Paul writes in Romans 11:25-32

"Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in, and in this way all Israel will be saved. As it is written:

“The deliverer will come from Zion; he will turn godlessness away from Jacob. And this is my covenant with them when I take away their sins.”

As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies for your sake; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs, for God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. Just as you who were at one time disobedient to God have now received mercy as a result of their disobedience, so they too have now become disobedient in order that they too may now receive mercy as a result of God’s mercy to you. For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all."

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟200,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Israel is temporarily hardened for the Gentile's sake, yes. Paul writes in Romans 11:25-32

"Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in, and in this way all Israel will be saved. As it is written:

“The deliverer will come from Zion; he will turn godlessness away from Jacob. And this is my covenant with them when I take away their sins.”

As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies for your sake; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs, for God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. Just as you who were at one time disobedient to God have now received mercy as a result of their disobedience, so they too have now become disobedient in order that they too may now receive mercy as a result of God’s mercy to you. For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all."

And we seem to agree ? Are you an MID-ACTS NDISPENSATIONALIST ?

dan p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Friedrich Rubinstein

Aug 20, 2020
Europe
Visit site
✟177,195.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And we seem to agree ? Are nyou an MID-ACTS NDISPENSATIONALIST ?

dan p
I'm not very good with labels, I just call myself a "Bible-believing Christian", lol. But we seem to agree on Israel being "blinded" for a time so that the Gentiles may receive the Gospel, yes.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟200,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not very good with labels, I just call myself a "Bible-believing Christian", lol. But we seem to agree on Israel being "blinded" for a time so that the Gentiles may receive the Gospel, yes.
And the MID-ACTS dispensation position , just means that the B O C BEGAN in Acts 9:6 with Paul .

There is an Acts 2 , 11 , 13 , and 28 positions .

dan p

Upvote 0

Thera

Sep 21, 2019
Montreal
✟52,709.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Those people who believe this, based on Genesis 15:5-6 and Galatians 3:8, the main question is, if Abraham refused physical circumcision, after God told him Genesis 17:14, would he still have been cut off by God?

Of course, merely saying "But Abraham would never have refused physical circumcision", is not answering my question
Look what happened to Moses. He refused (for his son), so a woman ended up doing it for him - with a rock! Abraham is the father of faith, so I can't imagine him refusing something as profitable as the sign of circumcision. But if he had, perhaps he would be an example like Jonah, of someone we are taught not to be like.

Upvote 0