USA
✟41,978.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Anyone else watch this Dr. Phil show today?
And here's a man that says that men cheat because it is in their nature to cheat. And if a man cheats then a lot of it is the woman's fault....she gained weight, she got borring....

Blah. What an arrogent man.

And then the mistresses who say that they are actually helping a marriage by what they do for the woman's husband.

Wow, get a life people.:doh: Or brains, or morals....

Oops to clarify: there was a man on the show saying that, not Dr. Phil. He wasn't defending the man, that's for sure!
And no, I don't think that women have any more reason to cheat....it's just the topic was on men.

Last edited:

smacarena

Jul 8, 2009
✟5,801.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To Dr. Phil, I say:

get-a-brain-morans.jpg

Upvote 0

Apollo Celestio

Deal with it.
Jul 11, 2007
Ohio
✟36,579.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I suppose when women cheat it's okay?

It happens just as frequently.

She didn't say that and you know it.

There are many factors involved, but objectively speaking it's a lie to say it's in our nature. Especially in women's case when they have their security.

Reactions: Wren
Upvote 0

Stravinsk

Neo Baroque/Rococo Classical Artist
Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
No...because I really don't like Dr. Phil. Without commenting on the subject matter (adultery) - look at the majority of his audience. Females. Some of his views are so obviously slanted towards the female gender it's obvious that it often compromises his supposedly neutral stance. I think he knows what he is doing in making a buck though.

Upvote 0

radhead

Contributor
Feb 20, 2006
✟63,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
She didn't say that and you know it.

Yes, but don't you know that it's sort of an unspoken belief that when women cheat, it's not as bad. There are all kinds of "empowered women" movies and songs that deal with that garbage.

Upvote 0

Apollo Celestio

Deal with it.
Jul 11, 2007
Ohio
✟36,579.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Yes, but don't you know that it's sort of an unspoken belief that when women cheat, it's not as bad. There are all kinds of "empowered women" movies and songs that deal with that garbage.

I didn't know that. I guess liberation means a lot of things.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SmileAndAHandshake

Senior Veteran
Oct 1, 2003
✟19,199.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Cheating is just a choice, like any other. There is no generalizing "why men cheat, why women cheat" because the reasoning (or lack thereof) behind each cheating instance is individual and completely independent of anyone else.

I know this because I have cheated on a partner in the past. And so has my husband. Each of us has done so once in our lifetimes, and never have we done so again.

And the circumstances between why he cheated on a past girl, and why I cheated ona past guy? Are 100% different from each other.

I loathe generalizations :doh: There is no reason why "men" cheat! There is only reason why "man" cheats, and to find out, he has to tell you himself.

Upvote 0

IDDQD

Nov 2, 2005
✟3,613.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Wow, get a life people.:doh: Or brains, or morals....

But haven't you heard? Not having a life, not using your brain, and having no morals and responsibility for your actions is the cool, hip thing to do!

You wanna be cool and hip, right? D; D; D;

Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You may find it interesting that Dr. Phil cheated himself. Which is part of why he's on TV rather than in a legitimate practice.

i wondered if that was the case when he was saying stuff like that. and honestly if i were his wife a statement like that would really hurt especially if there was a past of this - it would just sound like he wasn't sorry for what he's done, he was still find ways to justify it.

Upvote 0

Trashionista

Jun 10, 2007
The Copacabana
✟9,243.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Liberals
When Dr. Phil in the interest of fairness, has an episode devoted to why women cheat, maybe then I'll take his opinion with more than the proverbial grain of salt. Maybe then one could be really groundbreaking and have an hour devoted to why people cheat, but I guess that wouldn't be as interesting to watch.

Team Dr. Oz!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Spicy McHaggis

I don't know nothin 'bout birthin no babies
Apr 30, 2002
Chicagoland
✟29,799.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
As far as I'm concerned the Dr. Phil show can be summed up like this:

Person: Phil! My kid is fat and all he does is eat and watch TV! I've tried nothing and I don't know what to do!
Phil: Here is, a basketball, make the kid, go outside, and get exercise...
Oprah: (screams words)
Person: WOW YOU'RE A GENIUS PHIL!!!

Upvote 0

Luther073082

κύριε ἐλέησον χριστὲ ἐλέησον
Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
People's excuses for their bad behavior are sad.

But I think a bit of information is in order. Not that it makes an excuse, but from my understanding the vast majority of people who cheat (both men and women) are people who feel emotionally ambandoned or ignored by their spouse.

Again I don't think it makes for any kind of excuse but I also don't think a person can ignore their spouse for a long period of time and then be surprised that they have been cheated on.

Its important for everyone who is married or going to be married that they actually have to show up and be a spouse or something bad is going to happen.

Upvote 0

Oddish

May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD.
Jun 20, 2009
✟31,510.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Cheating can occur a while after problems become present in a relationship, it is when these issues are ignored and not communicated in an effective way that it goes downhill. Therefore cheating is a symptom and not a cause of relationship breakdown. I wouldn't necessarily agree with the man who appeared on the Dr Phil daytime show, it is not just one person's fault...it is both, or maybe neither...maybe they just aren't right for each other?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.