Why Mary ?

Beloved2018

Theotokos, Pregnant With Christ, Save Us!
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2018
KY
✟54,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I wonder why Catholics so focus on Mary, mother of Jesus, what is the hidden agenda behind this?

Is it a way to elevate the human status to be equal to God as The Pope as the middle man between God and human being?
There is no hidden agenda...you can pick up a Catholic Catechism in any major bookstore and read about her. Also, the pope is not a middle man --we have Church leaders.

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I wonder why Catholics so focus on Mary, mother of Jesus, what is the hidden agenda behind this?

Is it a way to elevate the human status to be equal to God as The Pope as the middle man between God and human being?
Mary should have honor as Mother of God.

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single

I wonder why you don't? If you believe in the seven first councils of the church or even four of them you should know what I'm talking about.

The Ecumenical council of Ephesus declared Mary to be the mother of God, Theotokos.

Being the Mother of God is a rather big deal.

• Agree
Reactions: danbuter
Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
The Great Northern Wilderness
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

It’s not really a “hidden agenda” per se. Anyone who wants to discover the status Mary is given in Catholicism can (and should) do their research and see for themselves.

Just as a suggestion, you may want to request that this is moved to the “Controversial” section of the forums. This topic typically tends to get quite heated at times.

• Agree
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It’s not really a “hidden agenda” per se. Anyone who wants to discover the status Mary is given in Catholicism can (and should) do their research and see for themselves.

Just as a suggestion, you may want to request that this is moved to the “Controversial” section of the forums. This topic typically tends to get quite heated at times.
Nice to see you back!

Upvote 0

danbuter

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Harrisburg
✟209,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not Catholic, but Mary was chosen by God to have Jesus. She deserves recognition.

Also, Catholics don't worship Mary, if that is what you think. They ask her to pray for them, same as you might ask someone to pray for a sick friend.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The Adversary smiles at any distraction from the Kingdom and will of God and theology is happy to comply.

Matthew 12:46 While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him. 47 Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee. 48 But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren? 49 And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! 50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
don't understand the question. Each person created by God is unique and loved.

The focus of Jesus's mission was the Gospel of the Kingdom. How does this relate in forwarding the Kingdom? Is it essential to the Kingdom, thus something to be built upon, or instead just a nice acknowledgement unrelated to Roman traditiion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Beloved2018

Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2018
KY
✟54,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
The Adversary smiles at any distraction from the Kingdom and will of God and theology is happy to comply.

Matthew 12:46 While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him. 47 Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee. 48 But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren? 49 And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! 50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.
It's an object lesson and also a bit more, but Jesus is not rejecting his mother. If He were He could have done so at age 12. In the Temple precincts, when Mary said to him, '...Your father(Joseph) and I have been searching for you.', Jesus could have then said, 'Who is my Father? My Father is in Heaven.' But although He is Eternally God, Jesus was obedient to his earthly parents, because He obeyed the Commandment which says, 'Obey thy Father and thy Mother'. Now at 30+, He doesn't suddenly become a Law breaker, nor does the Law become ineffectual when a person reaches 12, 18 or 30 yrs of age. Jesus kept every commandment perfectly. Rather Matthew is telling us, that it is not flesh and blood that will inherit God's Kingdom, as Christ says elsewhere, but those who like Elizabeth exclaimed of Mary herself, hear God's word and keep it. It was because Mary heard God's word and took it took heart that the Kingdom of God was ushered in through her. And it is for this reason, we bless her.

• Agree
Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

Beloved2018

Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2018
KY
✟54,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
The focus of Jesus's mission was the Gospel of the Kingdom. How does this relate in forwarding the Kingdom? Is it essential to the Kingdom, thus something to be built upon, or instead just a nice acknowledgement unrelated to Roman traditiion.
Mary is part of the Kingdom.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single

Wired dualism...

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It was because Mary heard God's word and took it took heart that the Kingdom of God was ushered in through her. And it is for this reason, we bless her.

Yes , however the Gospel of the Kingdom was His mission.

Upvote 0