Status
Not open for further replies.

Strife

The name is Daniel!
Feb 26, 2004
✟15,218.00
Faith
Agnostic
Why let all the pain and suffering happen to people, why let everyone go by their own ways, and 'watch'...
Why let the one's with the good heart be consumed by evil, then damned? Even though it was known better not to just sit there and 'watch'...Are we at the same level that you are? I thought we were children, shouldnt be we cared for? Or is this something us humans use on our own children, and you not the same?
Why bring a flood on earth among your own cherished creations and say 'sorry', and elminate the whole population and leave but one family to start the world all over...
Didnt you know this would all happen? I thought you were all LOVE? All KNOWNG? Knowing that everything would take place, why not make everything better?
Step in when it's neccessary? There were PLENTY of times, why not then?
Sometime's I think my heart is greater than yours, sorry. BUT WHY?

Sorry about the post, but you know who this is directed to. It brings tears to me to question all this...that's why sometimes I choose to believe that God doesnt exist. I mean it seems alot better.. I guess. But man, seriously, I think that God isn't any better than us with his decisions...

I

indigo tree

Strife- I know the pain.
But I think the real question is how could we let it happen? God does not want this stuff to happen and is willing to stop it, if only we let him work through us. I know, it sounds silly for an all powerful God to put his undying faith, trust and hope in weak, fallible human beings, when he could stop it with the snap of his fingers. But it is what He wants.

Why He it let the flood happen, I don't know. I've always had a rather hard time myself with reconciling the God of the Old Testament with the God of the New.

To be honest, I don't see what your going through as bad, as it shows that you have a big heart and love for people, which is what God wants. I will pray that everything will work out for you. :)
Peace

Upvote 0

Baptistgal

Nov 25, 2002
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟306.00
Faith
Baptist
Hi,

let's not blame God for what man has done to himself. I know you and I weren't there in the beginning, we didn't choose to sin in the Garden of Eden. But you and I have chosen to sin in our own lives, right? Don't take this to mean that I'm saying God is out there punishing us for each little thing we do. No, sin brings its own punishment. Look at the suffering, and somewhere along the line you will find a sin that brought it on. A little child is abused and its obviously the result of the abuser committing a sin. This isn't the child's fault....sometimes our sins cause innocents to suffer....and again, that's our fault, not God's.

I know I'm rambling....sorry....but we so often look around us and blame God for things when He is just letting us live with what we have chosen. (First of all God is NOT ONLY love....God is also just, holy, pure....don't forget those parts of Him.)

God gave mankind a choice and they choose sin. But if He then wiped out all the consequences of our choices, than how would that be Him respecting our freedom? God wants us to come to Him freely, and the only way we can do that is if we actually have freedom of choice.

Look at the choice God made. You know, He could have just let us reap the full consequences for the sin we (as mankind) chose. But He didn't leave us alone. That's what Jesus did here on earth. That was the purpose behind Jesus' death on that cross. Jesus didn't stay dead. More important than the "passion" of Christ, was the resurrection of Christ! He died for you, He died for me....He just wants you to come and accept Him as the Way to know Him.

Upvote 0

oldrooster

Thank You Jerry
Apr 4, 2004
Salt lake City, Utah
✟8,141.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Many times the pain that we feel is necessary to bring about the desired change "no pain, no gain". God does not allow needless anything to happen. It is all part of a much larger plan. Sometimes I wish I could see it all, but I'm really glad that I cant.

Upvote 0

wvmtnkid

Order of the Candle
May 29, 2002
West Virginia
Visit site
✟10,466.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Strife-

I know it is hard to see all of the pain that is in the world. And to wonder why God doesn't stop it or why He let's it continue.

My opinion is that one of the reasons He does let it continue is because of His love for us. Now I know that may sound a bit odd at first. But, He gives us the choice to love Him. What kind of love would we have for Him if that love were demanded and we had no choice? Look at your own life. Would you rather have a girlfriend whom you choose to love or one that demanded that you love her and gave you no choice in the matter? And God gives us some many chances to choose Him. Just like the Israelites of the Old Testament. We know what is going to happen in the end if we don't chose God, but He is giving us some much time and so many chances to make that choice. He doesn't want any of us to perish, but just like a loving parent that knows that the child has to come to this decision, He lets us. He calls to our hearts time and time again. He lets us know that He is waiting for us. But we have to make that ultimate decision.

God is a loving God, but He is also just and holy, meaning that He will not and does not tolerate sin. Sin entered the world through the fall of Adam in the Garden. By the time of Noah, the world had become corrupt and full of sin, that Noah was the only righteous man among the people of that time. God spared his family to start again. While God loved His creation and it was good when created, He will not let sin reign over what He created to be good. I know that it seems like sometimes sin is winning and we wonder why God is taking so long. All I know is that God's ways are not my ways and that He has a plan, a plan to prosper and not to harm us. Sin is what causes the harm and the wickedness of man, not God.

Upvote 0

Strife

The name is Daniel!
Feb 26, 2004
✟15,218.00
Faith
Agnostic
Sorry for taking too long for the reply, but reality got me, so I decided to be away from the boards for a while. Thanks for the reply to everyone of you, I deeply appreciate it, and I'm sorry for asking all those questions sounding like a very poor desperate person.

I gotta say, there's sin everywhere, constantly, especially more at my school everyday. But anywho, I don't understand how Adam picking an apple off the tree caused sin. Why choose sin as an enternal punishment? It's as if God challenged every single one of us to this game of life to see who would outrun sin the most and win the race.

Again, I'm sorry.

Upvote 0

Big C

SOLA GRATIA car club
Mar 14, 2004
Chi-Town
✟203.00
Faith
Christian
I never could grasp GOD's dealings with humans until I looked upon my dealings with my own children. I feel as a father my children should give me honor and respect, not just as thier father but also because they are unable to care for themselves. I put food on the table, clothes on thier back, shelter and beds to sleep on...just as GOD does for the human race. But as my children grow and begin to make desisions for themselves, those desisions will have consequences (good or bad).
I hate to say this, but if any of my children got to a point of disobedience where they were destoying thier own life, "and" a mortal threat to thier siblings, I would take them out (not that I loved them less but my family is bigger than one child) P.s. NO ONE HAS TO AGREE WITH ME!!! And understand, this would only happen if all options were exausted! We as human beings were given countless opportunities to give GOD the honor and respect before the FLOOD...and look at us today, generations upon generations after our second chance...deja-vu anyone?
As far as helping people goes...none of us helps everyone! I would surely help my own children before someone elses if the choice had to be made..though I'd try to help any person if it was in my power to do so..then again, not all people want my help, even when they can no longer help themselves...some might even blame me in the end.

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
I am really elated when I read some of your answers.It shows to me that you really think and try to answer the question,put to us in this Forum.We bring much pain and unhappiness on ourselves for different reasons.If we would all be strong enough tolive a life as our Father wants us to,we would not have to suffer so much.But who of us is perfect? One thing is really unfair. How can anybody who knows the Lord,believe that He would let us suffer so? We always have the chance of asking Him to help us bear the things we bring on us ourselves.Some times God in His Love is also teaching us a lesson,and only much later we can see how He taught us.He also promised us that He would never let the burden become too much for us.Your sister in Christ Emmy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.