Why judge and rebuke Donald Trump?

Are people who judge and rebuke Donald Trump being fair?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
brinny said:
I posted no such thing anywhere in this thread.
You quoted the post that defended Donald on the basis of, "Aren't we all sinners?"

Or do you disagree with the OP's line of reasoning?
Are you insisting that we discuss how we all need redemption via Jesus the Christ, the only begotten Son of the living God, the God of the living?

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Got to love all the ‘don’t judge the president!’ comments. Just for fun, here’s a CF 2014 thread with Republicans having no problems at all both judging Obama and calling for his impeachment..

Impeach Obama: Federal Prosecutor makes the case

A few familiar names there that we all know and love, who have apparently done a complete 180 since the partisan change in the White House occupancy.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Could you define what you mean by "judging"?

Surely you don't mean that we shouldn't criticize anyone and make qualitative statements about his suitability to fill certain roles?

2nd request (to the thread op)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
We must pray for the president, whoever he is. For he has a terrible burden. Power is a curse, not a blessing.

I do suspect you have exaggerated the sins of others. A

I've always prayed for the president, for the folks in America.

Nope, I've actually toned down the sins of racism and hatred I witnessed for years towards President Obama on account of much of it being far too vile and profane to be allowable on here.

As for the birther controversy, have you not ever supported or believed or spread or gossiped something that was slanderous about another person? We must look at ourselves fifty times over before looking at others, that is what the Lord commands.

Not as an adult, no. As a child, sure. The hateful, disgusting, pathetic birther conspiracy wasn't just a little oopsie. Donald carried on with it for years. There are still folks to this day who still believe that crap he peddled, use that as their justification to continue to show hatefulness towards President Obama while saying things like "we must look at ourselves fifty times over before looking at others, that is what the Lord commands" when folks criticize Donald. They are content with their hatred for one president on account of the color of his skin, but construe all criticism for another president for his actions and not the color of his skin as being hateful.

• Winner
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
...and it turned out that those who "rebuked" the Rosenbergs were right. So, no comparison to the current rebuking that is nothing more than sour grapes over having lost the 2016 election.

Right....how many of those around trump have gone to jail again?

• Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As I've shared before I grew up while President Obama was in office, lived for a while in an area that has a lot of folks who were proud of their hatred of him on account of the color of his skin. They became true devotees of Donald Trump's way back when he was still the host of that tacky reality TV show, on account of his racist birther conspiracy to try to delegitimize President Obama. They claimed he was "fighting for them" by trying to get that "black man in the White House" out of there. They claimed he had no right to be there, even though he'd won both of his elections fully - EC and popular vote. The whole 8 years they could not get over the elections, lol.

I go on Facebook now and then just to connect with older family. I've looked up some of those same folks. Sure enough the same ones who spent years disrespecting every dang thing about President Obama are now posting pious memes about how it's so unbiblical to judge the president. To not respect his authority as POTUS. That every single criticism is on account of how the libs just can't get over the last national election. Never mind that the last national election was in 2018 and the Democrats did pretty darn great in it, lol. The cognitive dissonance is surreal.

It would be hilarious if it wasn't so depressing to see the double/tripple/quadruple standard.

• Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Right....how many of those around trump have gone to jail again?
It's still the fact that the coup plotters are doing what they are doing simply because they lost the election. It was, in fact, announced as soon as Trump won the election.

• Agree
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yep. All those people saying, "It's all a political withchhunt". Trump is still FREE because of politics.

it's a problematic example, but my my term is.

If you someone someone carrying a broom all the time, wearing black clothes, pointed hat, and speaks in something that sounds like chants and has a huge bubbly couldrun, you can be excused for thinking the guys a witch, even if they are innocent.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's still the fact that the coup plotters are doing what they are doing simply because they lost the election. It was, in fact, announced as soon as Trump won the election.

reasons for doing something don't matter if they are right, trumps even if innocent has given all the reasons to think he's guilty along with those around him being arrested for the things he's supposedly innocent of.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

usexpat97

kewlness
Aug 1, 2012
Ecuador
✟76,839.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
it's a problematic example, but my my term is.

If you someone someone carrying a broom all the time, wearing black clothes, pointed hat, and speaks in something that sounds like chants and has a huge bubbly couldrun, you can be excused for thinking the guys a witch, even if they are innocent.

And if the same person, if they were tried by a federal judge and prosecuted by an FBI and DOJ who have didn't have to report to him, would have been sent him to Supermax for the exact same crimes--you can safely say the reason he goes free is 100% political.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And if the same person, if they were tried by a federal judge and prosecuted by an FBI and DOJ who have didn't have to report to him, would have been sent him to Supermax for the exact same crimes--you can safely say the reason he goes free is 100% political.

true, especially if you look at the muller report objectivly he sure as heck seemed to expect trump to be impeached, just did a poor job conveying it.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i agree the Trump bashing is way out of hand, something that has been proven time and time again by so many of his serious accusations turning out to be, well, a witch hunt because nothing ever comes of them. Then there is the constant poking at every little thing. Doesn't really matter but i think all that fills a need for the insecure...those who still can't get over the loss of the election, even after all these years. They bash him about any conceivable possibility, then turn around and claim Trump is the one acting like a baby when he defends himself against the real children in all this. It really is laughable.

However, when it comes to this:

Which is to say, Christ didn’t come to redeem the righteous; he came to redeem the unrighteous. Everyone is in need of the redemptive power of Jesus: you, me, Trump, and indeed all of us.

He's one of the ones that believes he's righteous already, or at least i have a very hard time believing he is serous about true Christianity. Though I do hope I'm wrong, it was never really a concern to me either way, many a president has not been Christian, not really.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
i agree the Trump bashing is way out of hand, something that has been proven time and time again by so many of his serious accusations turning out to be, well, a witch hunt because nothing ever comes of them. Then there is the constant poking at every little thing. Doesn't really matter but i think all that fills a need for the insecure...those who still can't get over the loss of the election, even after all these years. They bash him about any conceivable possibility, then turn around and claim Trump is the one acting like a baby when he defends himself against the real children in all this. It really is laughable.

However, when it comes to this:

He's one of the ones that believes he's righteous already, or at least i have a very hard time believing he is serous about true Christianity, but I do hope I'm wrong

you guys can't even remember what happened last week....you know when those related to trump went to jail right? But yeah total witch hunt, why we keep finding all these familiars?

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Got to love all the ‘don’t judge the president!’ comments. Just for fun, here’s a CF 2014 thread with Republicans having no problems at all both judging Obama and calling for his impeachment..

Impeach Obama: Federal Prosecutor makes the case

A few familiar names there that we all know and love, who have apparently done a complete 180 since the partisan change in the White House occupancy.

Yeah I looked back through the archives here a few times, saw a whole bunch of threads were folks got their jollies judging and rebuking President Obama while he was in office. Calling him hateful names.
I was told by a buddy who's been here longer that the rule not allowing "flaming" of elected leaders like that didn't go into effect until after President Obama's presidency.

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
you guys can't even remember what happened last week....you know when those related to trump went to jail right? But yeah total witch hunt, why we keep finding all these familiars?

Are they Trump? This is simple logic, do i really need to explain further? That's a good example of the earlier mentioned, laughable things that go on.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Are you insisting that we discuss how we all need redemption via Jesus the Christ, the only begotten Son of the living God, the God of the living?

While I do not personally ascribe to that philosophy, this being ChristianForums, I will accept it as common.

That said, are you suggesting that ascribing to that philosophy means that Donald cannot be held accountable for his actions?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Okay. I watched it and now you get to tell me what you want it to mean for me. At this point it doesn't tell me anything I hadn't guessed at before.
Im curious what it is you jwouod have guessed before?

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Are they Trump? This is simple logic, do i really need to explain further? That's a good example of the earlier mentioned, laughable things that go on.

No, but you can't complain like I said about witch hunts, when there is a awful lot of familars and demons being found.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Could you please stop bearing false witness to your brothers and sisters?

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

usexpat97

kewlness
Aug 1, 2012
Ecuador
✟76,839.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single

I'm pretty sure they were not. They were only mere human beings.

Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.