Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟97,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Also is it possible to draw close to God if all you feel is despair or do you think he gets angry that you don't trust him enough to know he'll help? I've tried to be positive but it feels like I'm rowing against a tidal wave, I can't get anywhere good for more than a moment.
blast

We do not follow an angry God. God has committed Himself to us through Christ. We do not have to earn 'brownie points' to retain His favour.

Get some good medical advice about your medication and how to get off it if necessary.

You cannot become separated from God very easily. God is just not that easy of offend. Nor is he going to back out of the covenant He made with His Son, Jesus, that guaranteed us His acceptance.

John
NZ

Upvote 0

Luminaire

Sep 27, 2006
Visit site
✟7,705.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
"

"Don't dwell on the apparent idea that everyone's here to suffer and go to hell. You don't know that. Truth is, none of us knows what kind of plans God may have for this world, for people, or for you."

I don't know that but the Bible seems to strongly suggest that. God didn't have mercy on Pharoah but hardended him which to me seems to make Pharoah less accountable for his actions but that doesn't seem to be taken into account. In the Old Testament God sends multiple curses to people and children, if there are cursed and die doesn't that mean they go to hell? And also Jesus seems to strongly imply that God will turn many away from his gate, even those who called his name and professed to do good works for him.

I believe God hardened Pharaoh's heart in these instances because he had a plan to show the world his power. I do not believe that in the greater scheme of these he holds Pharaoh accountable for attitude he gave him. He sent the Plagues to Egypt to punish that nation for its numerous sins, not simply because Pharaoh refused to let the Hebrews go.

And surely those people have it coming. Personally, I cannot believe that God will turn away anyone with an honest heart. There are people who pretend to do God's works, but really do it for their own glory. These people are the ones that will be turned away.

But there are also many people who claim not to believe in God that do works that are pleasing to him, and he will accept them into his kingdom because they were living for him without knowing it, and when they see him as he truly is, they will realize this.

Upvote 0

LJSGM

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
Wisconsin
✟15,171.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
"You know, it's not a sin to try and heal your body with medication. You can take medication for your heart, why not chemical imbalances in the brain."

The medication is the the problem, it has completely messed up my system and it is hell to get off. I recently tried and am paying for it. My body is screwed up because of it, I wish ppl knew that when they take antidepressants they play russian roulette with their life. At 16 I was dumb enough to make that decision.

I took medication for about one year, and went off it cold turkey which was a bad idea cause it gave me brain zaps, but I tell you what, it helped me a great deal. Perhaps medicines these days are safer and more helpful then in the past, and you could possibly feel better. How long ago was it that you took medicine? It's nice to feel better you know. At least you should talk to someone, they can't force you to take anything even if you did.

Also, non-medicine helps are exercise, listening to comforting or up-lifting music, helping others or volunteering, having fun with friends, anything that might help your mood.

And if you have any verses to discuss about hell, I'm an expert on it ;) I could show you some and we could discuss it. Sounds like the topic of hell is getting you down, maybe if you knew the truth of it, it might make you feel better about yourself and about God.

Upvote 0
F

freeport

We do not follow an angry God. God has committed Himself to us through Christ. We do not have to earn 'brownie points' to retain His favour.

Get some good medical advice about your medication and how to get off it if necessary.

You cannot become separated from God very easily. God is just not that easy of offend. Nor is he going to back out of the covenant He made with His Son, Jesus, that guaranteed us His acceptance.

John
NZ

/Agreed, which is useful to say, because in general I dislike psychiatric medication as a "solution", but not the Christian.

Definitely, a lot of Christians do use it, even daily.

Upvote 0

LJSGM

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
Wisconsin
✟15,171.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
/Agreed, which is useful to say, because in general I dislike psychiatric medication as a "solution", but not the Christian.

Definitely, a lot of Christians do use it, even daily.

Have you ever had clinical depression? Cause it would be similar to telling someone who had heart disease that medicine wasn't a "useful" solution. Depression can have serious complications as well, such as suicide.

Do you have a degree in neuroscience to claim such expertise on such a subject to say that the brain never needs medication?

If you think that Christians should heal her instead, do you have the gift of healing so that she doesn't have to take meds?

Just wondering cause it's responses like yours that makes people ashamed to seek treatment for such illnesses, just wanted you to be aware of that.

Reactions: Johnnz
Upvote 0

Christvilla

Sep 24, 2009
Lagos, Nigeria
✟7,629.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Dear Blast,
Its really pathetic knowing that you sound hopeless. Sometimes in life, we all face such challenges and are tempted to doubt the infallibility of God's word. But the truth is this - Our worst moments with Jesus is better that a second without Him. Stay focus on Jesus, he is the Arthur and finisher of your faith.

Ask him to reveal Himself afresh to you. Don't give up your faith in God. It still pays to serve Him. I am a witness.

Upvote 0

AngelicRose

Aug 21, 2009
✟15,537.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've dealt with some really crappy things in my life--- on top of suffering from depression, anxiety, memory loss, etc. It started back around 8th grade (so I was about 12-13 years old) and it has only been recently that I'm finally pretty much out of the darkness. I refused to get help (aka talk to someone), I refused to allow myself to be put on meds--- maybe if I had done one of those things sooner I wouldn't have suffered for almost 10 years.

It's only now in my life where I've made my own decisions, while praying to God for guidance and He has shared plenty of wisdom with me, that I'm happy, content, and I feel blessed. And you know what-- not that much has changed from when I was really depressed to right now. I just had to learn how to deal with certain situations that every person goes through in life. Yes its hard, but its better than never existing.

I personally had to be more positive in life for me to get past the anxiety and depression. I still suffer from painful memories, a stressful life, a family who doesn't always know how to help me, and loneliness. Still my life is something that I am proud about and I'm happy I know the Lord.

Upvote 0

Revived

Fighting the good fight of faith.
Mar 25, 2009
Planted by the water
Visit site
✟30,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

I would like to suggest watching Pastor Arnold Murray. Not once or for one hour but often. The program is called Shepherd's Chapel and their website streams his teachings/sermons 24 hours a day here:

shepherdschapel [dot] com

You may find the broadcast on local access tv as well.

Prayerfully,
Derrick

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LJSGM

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
Wisconsin
✟15,171.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
And on a separate note, about hell not being eternal, if it's not then where does Lucifer go and all his demons?

Thanks
blast

Matthew 10:28
Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in Gehenna.

Notice how Jesus uses kill and destroy interchangably. several things to notice here... the soul can be destroyed, it is not immortal like you probably have been told, but only God can destroy it.

Gehenna, gehinnam, or gehinnom (Hebrew: גהנום, גהנם, Greek γεεννα) are words used in Jewish and Christian writings for the place where evil people go in the afterlife (see Hell). The name is derived from a geographical site in Jerusalem known as the Valley of Hinnom, one of the two principal valleys surrounding the Old City. Initially the site where idolatrous Jews sacrificed their children to the god Molech (2 Chr. 28:3, 33:6; Jer. 7:31, 19:2-6), the valley later became the common wasteyard for all the refuse of Jerusalem. Here the dead bodies of animals and of criminals, and rubbish, were cast and consumed by a constant fire.

Gehenna was a continuously burning garbage dump, basically, the theme throughout the NT is that those that do not have everlasting life will be destroyed or die the second death.

Mark 9:47-49
47And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell, 48where
" 'their worm does not die,
and the fire is not quenched.'[a] 49Everyone will be salted with fire.

The worm used here is specifically a grave worm, and it's suggesting that those will remain in their graves forever, the fire is not put out is suggesting that they will not be saved from it but will be completely consumed. Salted with fire, I'm assuming is associated with the salt that was put on a sacrifice before it was burned for the person's sins.

Matthew 13:42
They will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

With these verses, just wanted to point out that weeping is a form of sadness or loss, not a cry of physical pain, and gnashing of teeth was an extreme form of anger or hatred, once again, not of physical pain.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Bain_Adaneth

Nov 14, 2003
cali~~*the golden state*~~
✟8,442.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know this sounds like a bit pathetic, whiny and repeitive but still.
My life has turned into hell on earth, when i look in the mirror I don't recognise myself.

I wish I didn't have needs, desires and decisions to make and why do I? why do we?

Half of mankind is probably going to hell, why are we here? it seems so sadistic. I wish I was never born and could go back to the edges of infinity where nothing exists? Why can't I? Why can't I give back my life, it doesn't feel like a gift but a curse. Our flesh is built to mess up, not once but again and again and once you slip it's easy to keep on slipping then bam welcome to hell.

When I was younger I used to think I would never live until 25 because life sucked. I am nearing that age now and I can't end my life because now I know God exists and that decision would lead to an everlasting hell.

God says I love you, I will strengthen you, I will heal your diseases, ask believing with faith and you will receive what you ask for. I have been asking for months, I have turned away from things which are illegal, from things which are sinful and there is little improvement in my situation. Why did God make man knowing he would suffer so much?

You are supposed to love God which all your heart but I can only fear him the way you fear an oppressive father or thunder. You can't really love it, you just respect it out of fear, how can you love with your whole heart something which enables you suffer, which dangles hope above your head but doesn't let you taste it.

Sometimes I think I belong in hell but then I think about the word eternity, the shape of it, the way in fans out continously and unrelenting and think no one on earth deserves that, even Charles Manson, noone has done on earth that which could match an eternity in hell.

I have tried to be a good christian girl but what's in my heart is in my heart right? There is no difference between letting it out and keeping quiet.

With life the good stuff does not level out the bad; there are probably more people going to hell than not, more people suffering on earth than not.

I wish so many things but most of all I wish I could hand back my life, say thank you but no thanks and go back to where I came from, wherever that was. I think it's cruel that I can't do that, why isn't there a third way? I didn't ask for my life

You can’t simply be a “good Christian girl” without your heart. When you give your life over to Christ, it is a blessing and a passion to live for Him, it’s not something that becomes a burden heavy on your shoulders.
God is someone you should fear, but fear like you would fear a loving father, not an oppressive one. He is not like that.
There is only one way if you are not going to heaven, and that is hell. Hell is made for Satan and his angels. Anyone who denies Christ’s’ blood on the cross is not worthy of His blood to redeem them. That’s the bottom line, how can you be saved by something you yourself have denied.
God has forgiveness, and He is waiting for you to come back to Him. Repent of all your sins, and ask for forgiveness. Be sincerely sorry for them. And then give your whole life over to God, seriously, promising to follow Him all of your days. And when you truely believe, then you will have the joy that you've always been seeking for.

Upvote 0

Jeffz

one man free
Sep 3, 2009
Union Grove, WI, USA
✟8,183.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For God so loved the city of Ninevah that He sent Jonah but Jonah wanted to die also:

Jon 4:8 When the sun rose, God provided a scorching east wind, and the sun blazed on Jonah's head so that he grew faint. He wanted to die, and said, "It would be better for me to die than to live."

Jon 4:9 But God said to Jonah, "Do you have a right to be angry about the vine?" "I do," he said. "I am angry enough to die."

Jon 4:10 But the Lord said, "You have been concerned about this vine, though you did not tend it or make it grow. It sprang up overnight and died overnight.

Jon 4:11 But Nineveh has more than a hundred and twenty thousand people who cannot tell their right hand from their left, and many cattle as well. Should I not be concerned about that great city?"

So you see God does not want to send anyone to hell it is his goodness that you are still alive. He wants you to know how much he loves you. Don't you know that He sent his only begotten Son to die upon a cross for you?

Jhn 3:14 Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert, so the Son of Man must be lifted up,

Jhn 3:15 that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life. [fn]

Jhn 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, [fn] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Jhn 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jhn 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

If you go and study chapter 3 of the gospel of John and ask God to reveal His love to you and recieve his Spirit from above then your eyes will be opened to spiritual life.
This is life eternal to know God and the One whom He sent, Jesus the Christ.
May the love of God overwhelm you and ravish your heart my friend. He is all we need.
jeffrey

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.