Why is there a correlation between understanding evolution and accepting it as valid science?

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟926,226.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
I believe in context it's not a name, only a description
Poor behavior.

Also cowardly to hide behind a Bible quote. If you feel it, be open about it:
"Shemjaza you are acting the fool. Shemjaza you are being foolish."

Don't pretend you are kindly offering the gospel to unbelievers when you are pridefully sneering.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What has been used as proof of the TOE is every creature's ability to adapt to it's environment.

(Snip). ?:)
yes, natural selection is one of the theories of evolution. Of course if you meant adaptation, that simply means a successful outcome for that organism after going through natural selection.

Just FYI, using ( or implying) creationist newspeak just make you look ignorant to scientific literates

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
3C9EA65E-A285-477A-9CC1-8514BB3D8B19.jpeg

It’s blatantly obvious in this picture, that the centipede fangs are the front legs . However, all arthropod mouthparts are modified limbs : insects, spiders , crustaceans and myriapods like this centipede . I suppose you can call this an adaptation - a successful result of natural selection over time

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If evolution is as false as creationists claim it is, wouldn't understanding it lead to its rejection, not its acceptance?

It did lead to rejection as far as some of us are concerned. The OP seems a bit off base/biased, why only mention one end of it? Isn't that deceitful? Or are you actually telling us it's accepted by everyone?

Let me help you out here, truth be told, it did lead to rejection by some and acceptance by others.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It did lead to rejection as far as some of us are concerned. The OP seems a bit off base/biased, why only mention one end of it? Isn't that deceitful? Or are you actually telling us it's accepted by everyone?

Let me help you out here, truth be told, it did lead to rejection by some and acceptance by others.
. People who are knowledgeable about science, like scientists, accept evolution. See previous post

• Agree
Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
. People who are knowledgeable about science, like scientists, accept evolution. See previous post

And?

Isn't it a given people should either understand or think they understand anything before they accept it, Why is this news?

People accepted Jim Jones because they understood him, or were knowledgeable about him. Turned out it was all hogwash.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟926,226.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
And?

Isn't it a given people should either understand or think they understand anything before they accept it, Why is this news?

People accepted Jim Jones because they "understood" him. Turned out it was all hogwash.
It's perfectly reasonable to understand something and not agree with it.

I've seen a number of political debates where people understand the other position, just disagree about likely outcomes or how acceptable different priorities are.

Evolution (as has been seen in this thread) often has people arguing against it without even knowing what it is.

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well Kenny I’m not sure that you do understand evolution

LOL, and you don't think I've heard that cop out before? It's a classic on these threads when proponents lose ground. Much easier that than actually proving evolution when asked, where they often also claim science doesn't prove anything, another preposterous classic cop out.

One for every occasion. :)

It really does end up being a complete joke.

Edit: What, BTW, would be your evidence for that accusation? Do you understand it, and if so, make me understand and simply prove it. Or are you just another evolutionist shooting blanks/making empty comments in place of providing good solid reasoning behind your claims.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jacknife

Theophobic troll
Oct 22, 2014
✟171,314.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
LOL, and you don't think I've heard that cop out before? It's a classic on these threads when proponents lose ground. Much easier that than actually proving evolution when asked, where they often also claim science doesn't prove anything, another preposterous classic cop out.

One for every occasion. :)

It really does end up being a complete joke.
Oh trust me the humor in these discussions is not lost on us.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟926,226.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
This is very interesting.
I'm not sure I'm being clear.

The problem is that anything we can describe as nothing is some variety of something. Even the void between the stars or the gaps between the atoms is all full of energy fields and space-time itself.

Literal nothing can only really be described as a lack of everything else, which I guess makes it indescribable by definition.

Of course it is..not sure you go my point.
Maybe I did not. I interpreted your Jim Jones comment as a dig at people understanding evolution and thus being taken in by some kind of scam?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private

I don't think you understand the concept of "correlation".

Try reading the article linked. Oh wait, you don't do links. Nevermind.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private

Ignorance is creationism's greatest strength. It's on full effect in this thread.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't think you understand the concept of "correlation".

Try reading the article linked. Oh wait, you don't do links. Nevermind.

I see, we're now skipping the preliminaries and jumping right to "You don't understand"?

Here's a concept, actually make your point instead of relying on the same cop outs over and over. Now what was that you were saying about correlation?

I could set my watch by some of you...so predictable.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maybe I did not. I interpreted your Jim Jones comment as a dig at people understanding evolution and thus being taken in by some kind of scam?

You understood sort of. Jim Jones wasn't trying to purposely scam anyone, he just twisted the truth, but believed in what he was doing, and every twist he dreamed up, as did his followers, right to the end.

Come to think of it, that was a much better comparison then even I first thought.

Upvote 0