Why is the universe so empty? Everything is so very far apart!

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Perhaps the vast distances between stars give us an impression of how great and powerful our God is. Knowing that those unimaginable distances are like "one step" for God can indeed keep us very humble. God created the universe for his own glory after all.
This.

I think the vast distance between celestial bodies shows how ancient the universe is and therefore how unlimited God's power truly is. In theory, everything came out of one big blast. It has taken unknown millennia to put that much distance between stars. God lives beyond space and time. The universe is his fishbowl so to speak.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I did not not write The Bible, and what i posted is from The Bible.

So if you have a problem with it, then do like Thomas Jefferson did take out all the parts you do not like or agree with and make your own Bible.
There is nothing wrong with what you have posted. It is your interpretation that is wrong.

• Agree
Reactions: Ragdoll
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
There is nothing wrong with what you have posted. It is your interpretation that is wrong.

Are you that obtuse of a person. I am not posting an interpretation of mine. I am post a translation by people, you have a problem how they translated the Bible take it up with them.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Are you that obtuse of a person. I am not posting an interpretation of mine. I am post a translation by people, you have a problem how they translated the Bible take it up with them.
OK, I will try again. You are quoting Bible verses; I have no issue with what the Bible has to say, even when you use the KJV. However, I disagree with your interpretation of what the Bible says. You interpret those verses as saying that the earth is flat. I say that you are incorrect in your understanding. Reality bears this out. I don't know that I can be any clearer than that.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
OK, I will try again. You are quoting Bible verses; I have no issue with what the Bible has to say, even when you use the KJV. However, I disagree with your interpretation of what the Bible says. You interpret those verses as saying that the earth is flat. I say that you are incorrect in your understanding. Reality bears this out. I don't know that I can be any clearer than that.

You are really that obtuse, the Genesis verses i posted had noting to do with say the earth is flat.

The original starter of this thread ask Why is the universe so empty? Everything is so very far apart!

I made a post stating: According to The Bible the sun, moon and stars are in the raqia above the earth.

Another poster posted this reply to my post:
If this is the truth, how are scientists coming up with conclusions about space? Are they making stuff up? If so, how do they benefit from spreading these kinds of lies?

Then i replied to this poster with verses from The Bible from Genesis 1 and Psalms 19

Then you chimed in with your usual nonsense.

So there you go, i post verses right out of Genesis 1 stating that God has place the sun, moon and stars in the raqia above the earth to give light on the earth and from Psalms 19:1 stating the raqia shows God handiwork.

I made no post about a flat earth and every verse i post was straight from The Bible i posted no interpretation.

Until you can understand what is going on in the discussion, i would suggest refrain from posting

Upvote 0

Sheila Davis

Nov 18, 2020
Houston
✟65,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
We look at another galaxy and see clouds of stars yet each of those stars are probably light years apart from each other. 1 light year is 63,000 times the distance between the sun and the Earth. Why are things so spaced out? It does seem kind of crazy, right? :) Yet we know there are reasons for everything.

No according to science it is not crazy for the stars and planets to be so far apart _ it makes sense for the distance because closer together planets and stars etc would be slamming into one another and the Earth probably wouldn't exist. So God knew what he was doing.
Why are the stars so far away?

Why are they so far apart - in this solar system so earth could sustain life most likely is God's reason.

The universe is constantly moving / expanding accounts for the distance in between. Expansion of the universe - Wikipedia

God set it all in motion for his purposes.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We look at another galaxy and see clouds of stars yet each of those stars are probably light years apart from each other. 1 light year is 63,000 times the distance between the sun and the Earth. Why are things so spaced out? It does seem kind of crazy, right? :) Yet we know there are reasons for everything.

But do we really know that or has mankind done calculations based on assumptions and made the claim that it is true? Has mankind ever traveled between stars? No.
Which means all of those measurements go back to the assumptions they base the mathematics on being true, but who says those assumptions are true? Secular science that doesn't even believe in the existence of God? Doesn't sound like a trustworthy source to me. Would you listen and learn about God from them? Probably not. If they can be wrong in such an important area as God who says they are not incorrect in others.
No man can ever be a trustworthy source over things like this as it was never witnessed or experienced. I would take any of theses 'truths' with a grain of salt.

Job 38:4-7

4 “Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation?
Tell me, if you understand.
5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!
Who stretched a measuring line across it?
6 On what were its footings set,
or who laid its cornerstone—
7 while the morning stars sang together
and all the angels shouted for joy?

Reactions: Sorn
Upvote 0