Why is sanctification essential for salvtion?

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Your conclusion is faulty, Dave. We are not to harden our hearts and ignore the workings of the Holy Spirit upon us because that is the very process that leads to the commission of the unpardonable sin.
????

Are you mixing up unpardonable with unforgiven?

The unpardonable sin is very narrowly defined; so much so that many would say it is impossible to commit in this day and age.

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟426,474.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sanctification - Following Jesus - AllAboutFollowingJesus.org
Sanctification does not stop with salvation, but rather it is a progressive process that continues in a Christian's life. Unlike the things and places that are sanctified by God in the Bible, people have the capacity to sin.
Sanctification

Justification and Sanctification: What is the Difference ...
Understanding the difference between justification and sanctification can be as important as understanding the difference between salvation and damnation. Rightly dividing between the two is of crucial importance. When you understand what they are, you can then draw a line in the sand and say, "This ...
Justification and Sanctification: What is the Difference? | CARM.org

What is sanctification and why we need it | Set Apart People
The need for sanctification. Salvation is crucial for our eternal life. However, sanctification is essential for our everyday life in this world. We need the presence of YHVH in our lives. Just like soil is the source of life for plants and water to fish, YHVH is our source. He breathed His breath into mankind and man became a living being. www.setapartpeople.com/what-is-sanctification-and-why-do-we-need-it

You accept Christ, Christ in you, you in Christ, this begins the work of rebirth or justification, being born again. Christ comes and takes up residence in you with the Holy Spirit planting the seed for transforming the mind and heart. Sanctification then starts to grow the Spirits fruit, by which the believer in whom Christ dwells becomes more like Christ.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
????

Are you mixing up unpardonable with unforgiven?

The unpardonable sin is very narrowly defined; so much so that many would say it is impossible to commit in this day and age.
With all the confusion today within Christianity is it wise to listen to those who dismiss what the Bible says is reality? I don't think so. Theologians have always been the ones to lead the laity into confusion and error all throughout history. It was the Jewish theologians who so confused the scriptures that the Jews rejected the Messiah. It was the Catholic theologians who led the way to ills of the Catholic church such as abandoning Sabbath, indulgences, sanctification by works, etc.... It was the Lutheran theologians in Germany who paved the way for the rejection of a living God, and the acceptance of the Nazis. It's always been that way. The scriptures are our only safeguard.

I'm not mixing up anything, Dave. If we will continue to harden ourselves in sin by not recognizing it's destructive nature and continuing to practice it, we will become like who we follow: the devil and his snares. We either walk in the footsteps of Christ, following Him in word and deed through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, or we follow in the steps of the devil and become like him. We cannot follow both God and the devil at the same time. Jesus told us this. We will have only one master. We will worship one or the the other, God or the devil. It's a binary choice with no middle ground.

If we continue to practice the sins of the flesh, follow in the devil's footsteps, then sin will lose it's appearance of sinfulness to us. And just like the Pharisees of Christ's day we can be led to any depths of sin, and never ask for, nor think we need, forgiveness. If we go far enough along that line the Holy Spirit's voice becomes inaudible to us and we lose all chance of repenting for our sins for the desire for repentance comes only from God. When we so close our ears to His Spirit we have effectively committed the unpardonable sin for not only have we closed our eyes and ears to God's influence, but we have severed all connection with Him who leads us to repentance so that we no longer desire or feel any need of repentance. Therefore we can have no forgiveness. Our sin then becomes unpardonable.

Remember Jesus' words:
Matthew 6: 16 ¶Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
17 But thou, when thou fastest, anoint thine head, and wash thy face;
18 That thou appear not unto men to fast, but unto thy Father which is in secret: and thy Father, which seeth in secret, shall reward thee openly.
19 ¶Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.
23 But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!
24 ¶No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
If we attempt to serve both against the advice of Jesus we will fail for Jesus also said the following:
Matthew 10: 34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
36 And a man’s foes shall be they of his own household.
37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Upvote 0